Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is ON until May 28! We have FULL MENUS for the Epcot Flower and Garden FESTIVAL plus Photos of EVERY FOOD ITEM and most beverages!
And, Pixar Fest is ON at Disneyland Resort! This fun festival runs through September 3! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- An after fireworks party is coming to the Magic Kingdom!
- Check out our sneak peek and review of Wine Bar George.
- The DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks 2018-19 is here!
- We reviewed breakfast at the Ale & Compass Restaurant at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- There are new eats at the Golden Horseshoe and Stage Door Cafe in Disneyland.
- We checked out the new DisneyStyle Store in Disney Springs.
- Find out what’s in the new gourmet doughnut at the Disneyland Hotel.
- Check out the new menu at Flo’s V-8 Cafe at Disney California Adventure.
- There’s a new Pixar Fest Churro Challenge at Disneyland Resort.
- Check out the Infinity Gauntlet Sipper at Disneyland!
- Find out how to get FREE beer this summer in Orlando!
- Wine Bar George is opening this weekend at Disney Springs!
- Check out the Disney food trend we can’t escape.
- We have details on the Tropical Hideaway coming to Disneyland!
- We reviewed the new Solo: A Star Wars Story cupcake at Hollywood Studios!
- Check out where you can find the Purple Wall Slush at the Magic Kingdom.
- We have details on what’s new at Hollywood Studios, Pop Century, and Art of Animation.
- Check out the new menu at Scat Cat’s Club at Port Orleans French Quarter.
- We have our ultimate guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
- A new food area has been added to the 2018 Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic!
- A new menu is coming to the Magic Kingdom’s Diamond Horseshoe.
- Changes have been announced at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- A new signature restaurant is coming to Epcot’s Japan Pavilion.
- There’s a new menu at the Rix Sports Bar & Grill at Coronado Springs.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Best Disney World Restaurants with a Fireworks View, Things I Wish I’d Known Before Visiting Castaway Cay, and Food Tour of Animal Kingdom’s Dinoland U.S.A.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Things I Wish I’d Known Before Visiting Castaway Cay
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got great content going up twice a week showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video – Things I Wish I’d Known Before Visiting Castaway Cay! Check it out — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: 25% off the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2018
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2018 is here and we’re celebrating with 25% off the cover price with promo code WDW2018.
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, 2018 Edition is full of need-to-know details, tools, and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- An in-depth analysis of the Disney Dining Plan and whether it’s right for YOU.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
With over 650 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started planning your next Disney World vacation!
Here’s Just Some Of What We’ve Updated In the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book:
- Fully updated prices and restaurant info for 2018 visitors
- Updated details about available discounts and deals at Disney World restaurants
- DFB’s own 2018 recommendations for everything from table service to counter service to snacks and more
- Over 600 pages of updated Disney Dining advice, details, and information
- Disney Dining Plan Analysis – Is it right for your family? Can you really save money?
- NEW Disney food and restaurant photos
- Updated reviews of all Disney World restaurants, kiosks, bars, and lounges including all new eateries
- An updated chapter focused on one of the most popular Disney dining topics: Snacks in the theme parks and resorts
- A comprehensive section of What’s NEW in Disney Food, including new restaurants, new menus, restaurant closures, and more
- Updated information about the My Magic+ Planning System that Disney rolled out in 2013, and how it may affect your 2018 Disney plans
- Changes coming to Disney World in 2018 and 2019!
As you can see, this is a labor of love and we put a ton of time and effort (and research) into ensuring that we are sharing with you the most relevant, up to date Disney Food Information that’s available. We do this so that you can plan your own Disney visit with confidence, and have the trip of a lifetime, every time.
And right now you can save 25% off the cover price with promo code WDW2018!
DFB Reader Finds
We recently told you about the big changes to the iconic Carrot Cake Cookie at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. DFB reader @sfullofsugar21 let us know she was trying the cookie out! We’d love to hear if you liked this new version!
Rosie’s All-American Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a good, quick spot to stop for lunch or dinner. Our fan Joanna enjoyed the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich at Rosie’s and declared it was the “best veggie sandwich” she’s had at Disney!
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this totally adorable Disney Eats Kitchen Collection!
WDW for Grownups shared some Disney food news for this summer.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe from Woody’s Lunch Box.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Mickey Breakfast Sandwiches.
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!