The menu features small plates and entrees, and the Potato Skins are a fun twist on a standard bar-and-grill item.
The dish features Crispy Yukon Gold potatoes served with brown butter-caper yogurt, smoked paprika aioli, and Manchego cheese.
These would make a great addition to your next party menu!
Potato Skins from Lamplight Lounge
Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure
8 cups cold water
9 cloves garlic, peeled
2 shallots, peeled
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 lemon, halved
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 pound small gold potatoes (12 small potatoes)
1 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon ground cayenne
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 (5.5 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
2 teaspoons chopped chives
1 clove garlic, minced
Canola oil, for frying
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Manchego cheese
1. Combine water, garlic, shallot, thyme, lemon, salt, and potatoes in stock pot. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
2. Drain potatoes and cool for 10 minutes.
3. Combine cornstarch, paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Smash potatoes gently between two baking sheets until they are in slightly flattened circles.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Roll smashed potatoes in cornstarch mix and coat on all sides. Place on parchment lined baking pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
FOR CAPER YOGURT
1. Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat until melted. Add drained capers and cook for 5 minutes. Remove capers from butter and cool for 15 minutes.
2. Combine Greek yogurt, lemon zest, and juice, and salt in a small bowl. Add reserved capers. Season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI
1. Combine mayonnaise, smoked paprika, lemon juice and zest, chives, and garlic in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR POTATO SKINS
1. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
2. Drain capers and fry for 3-5 minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
3. Remove potatoes from freezer and fry for 3 minutes, until crispy.
4. Top potatoes with Manchego cheese, fried capers, and micro cilantro.
5. Serve with caper yogurt and paprika aïoli.
See more Disney Recipes on our Disney Recipes Page HERE!
Will you be whipping up these Potato Skins for your next party? Let us know with a comment.