A brand new (and limited time) way to enjoy cuisine around Disney World’s Animal Kingdom will debut at the park on December 22, 2018 with the Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler!
For the price of $30, guests will receive a $35 digital value card to redeem for select food and beverage items around the park (yep! A $5 bonus!). Then, at the end of the day, participating guests enjoy preferred seating for the second showing of Rivers of Light!
Tasting size eats and drinks will be available at more than 40 food-and-beverage kiosks and carts throughout the park. Items may include the following:
- Africa: Shrimp Curry and Chicken Curry Bowls at Kusafiri Bakery, and Dole Whip Float at Tamu Tamu
- Discovery Island: Mac & Cheese with Pulled Pork or Shrimp from Eight Spoon Cafe, House-smoked Pastrami Sliders from The Smiling Crocodile, Apple Cider Donut Holes from Isle of Java, and Meatball with Polenta
- Pandora: Pineapple Lumpia, Pretzels, and select beverages at Pongu Pongu
- Asia: Tuna Bao and Korean Fiery Beef Sliders at Caravan Road, Fried Dumplings, Margaritas, and a beer flight
- Dinoland U.S.A.: Buffalo Chicken Chips at Trilo-bites, the Chili Cheese Dog at Dino Diner, Corn Chip Pie, Milkshakes, and a Holiday Sundae
- Other Locations: Additional carts offering classics like ice cream, popcorn, glazed nuts, and craft beer are available throughout the park
(So, yep, it looks like Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be welcoming several new food items very soon!)
Participating guests may pick up a map at Creature Comforts or Isle of Java. Reserved seating will be available for participants at the second showing of the Rivers of Light spectacular for the evening.
At time of publishing, this offering is on sale now for use December 22, 2018 through January 2, 2019, and valid theme park admission is required.
The digital gift card you’ll receive for the event may only be used at participating Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler locations; it won’t work at other quick service or table service restaurants. The card also must be used between 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
Per the Disney World website:
“You can purchase online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Advance purchase is required and will not be available the day of use. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. The day after you purchase this tasting sampler, you’ll receive an email containing your digital value card. If you purchased multiple tasting samplers during a single reservation / transaction, the value of your purchase will be combined and reflected in a single digital value card. The email will be sent to your primary email address on file.”
It looks like there will be more food to enjoy at Animal Kingdom very soon, so stay tuned for more details here on DFB!!
Want to stay informed of ALL the Disney News?? Sign Up for the Disney Food Blog Newsletter and don’t miss a thing! Click HERE to subscribe!
Are you interested in the Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler? Please let us know with a comment below!