The Lunar New Year celebration will run from January 25 – February 17, 2019 at Disney California Adventure in Disneyland Resort!
To ring in the Year of the Pig, Asian cultures will be celebrated with special performances, fun activities, beautiful decorations, Asian cuisine, extra fun with Disney characters, and themed merchandise.
And the Three Little Pigs will make a special appearance in the returning “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a parade hosted by Mulan and Mushu.
Lunar New Year Marketplaces
The event will also host four Lunar New Year Marketplaces this year featuring Asian-inspired cuisine!
The following Marketplaces will feature items including these listed below:
Lucky 8 Lantern
- Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon and Edamame — $8.00
- Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles — $7.00
- Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart — $5.50
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee — $5.50
Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño — $7.75
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun — $6.50
- Mango-Pineapple Pastry — $5.50
- Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mule — $13.00
Longevity Noodle Co.
- Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce — $7.25
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts — $7.00
- Egg Tart — $4.75
- Orchid Spritz — $5.75
Red Dragon Spice Traders
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice — $7.25
- Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriacha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad — $7.75
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche — $5.50
- Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea — $6.00
Note that Paradise Garden Grill will also offer specialty items throughout the celebration, and a special Festival Food & Beverage Cart will be open as well.
Lunar New Year Sip & Savor Pass
The popular Sip & Savor Pass — which is typically available at several of the Festivals at Disney California Adventure throughout the year — consists of a commemorative credential and 6 coupons redeemable for food and beverage offerings (excluding alcohol).
The Sip & Savor Pass will be $39, including tax, and will be available for purchase at the Marketplaces, Festival Gifts, Elias & Co., Kingswell Camera Shop, and the Sip & Savor Cart.
Disneyland Annual Passholders will enjoy a reduced price along with a special Passholder lanyard and buttons (at participating marketplaces upon coupon redemption).
Have fun celebrating the Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure!
Want to stay informed of ALL the Disney News?? Sign Up for the Disney Food Blog Newsletter and don’t miss a thing! Click HERE to subscribe!
Will you be celebrating the Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure? Please let us know with a comment!