Happy weekend! We’ve been hard at work in the parks scoping out all the latest news for you, which is compiled here! First, a few things to remember…
The 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival kicks off August 29 and we’re covering it all! Did you see the menus that are out now? See every single Food and Wine Festival MENU and some FOOD PHOTOS as well — here!
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is now OPEN at Disneyland and will open August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Check out all our Disneyland Galaxy’s Edge coverage to start planning for Disney World (the two lands will be virtually identical!)!
Now — on to the news!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Booking for Candlelight Processional Dining Packages opens July 3.
- Check out the new Mermaid Headbands!
- “O Canada!” is closing for refurbishment in August.
- We checked out what’s NEW in Epcot this week.
- We reviewed the Wine Pops in Epcot’s Italy Pavilion.
- The D23 Expo is celebrating 25 years of Disney on Broadway.
- We reviewed the Reality Stone Churro at Disney California Adventure.
- We reviewed the new “Grub” Burger and more at D-Luxe Burger.
- New Lion King-inspired treats arrive at The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade is leaving Disneyland in July.
- Check out the eats and sips coming to Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night.
- Get the DFB exclusive printable map for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade is returning to Disneyland.
- We shared an update on the upgraded MagicBands for Disney hotel guests.
- We reviewed the Rum Island Breeze cocktail at Epic Eats.
- We spotted a new Disney Parks Loungefly backpack.
- Check out the Independence Day PhotoPass pictures at the Magic Kingdom.
- Find out when Aunt Polly’s is reopening at the Magic Kingdom.
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind is open at Pixar Pier.
- NEW cheese crawl – Emile’s Fromage Montage – coming to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- Booking is now open for the Tailgate Tasting at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- More acts were revealed for the 2019 Eat to the Beat concert series.
- The FastPass+ tiers are changing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The menus were released for the 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We checked out what’s new at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- Check out the Fourth of July CrazyShake and more at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.
- We shared details on the latest Disney Conservation Fund program.
- Check out the details on the Pixar Pier sweepstakes.
- The Pixar Pals parking structure is now open.
- See what’s new right now at the Epcot-area resort hotels.
- You can make appointments now for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at the Grand Floridian.
- Disneyland Annual Passholders can “bring a friend” to the parks this summer.
- New restaurant announced for Epcot’s American Adventure Pavilion.
- We checked out what’s new at Coronado Springs and the All Star Resorts.
- We spotted a super cute Stitch Cake on 626 Day at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Check out the Disney Skyliner turn station near Disney’s BoardWalk Inn.
- We reviewed the new Ploughman’s Lunch at Epcot’s United Kingdom Pavilion.
- We reviewed the new Breakfast Chimichanga at Disneyland.
- You can watch the Fourth of July fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from your own home.
- Check out this one-day-only Experiment 626 Cone at the Polynesian.
- We checked out what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Check out the new “My First Disney Getaway” vacation package.
- Check out the New Year’s Eve parties at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We reviewed breakfast and lunch at Tusker House in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We checked out what’s new at Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts.
- Fans will get sneak peeks at new films at the D23 Expo this summer.
- New seafood seminar and tasting coming to Morimoto Asia.
- We reviewed the new shrimp tacos at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom was testing new rental strollers.
- We shared 8 tips that will transform how you eat at Disney World.
- We reviewed the Very Merry Unbirthday Tea Party at Steakhouse 55.
- STK Orlando is celebrating the Fourth of July with several specials.
- The 2020 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend themes were revealed.
- We shared an update on the refurbishment at Beaches and Cream.
- We reviewed the Brownie Fudge Cookies & Cream Sundae at All Star Movies.
- You’ll never guess who is coming to the D23 Expo.
- Check out how the reservations work at Oga’s Cantina in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- New Rocket Racoon Funko POP! coming to Disney Parks.
- We reviewed new menu items at Restaurantosaurus in the Animal Kingdom.
- Check out the new Imagination Pink Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- We checked out the updated menu at the Laguna Tequila Bar at Coronado Springs.
- The Lion King Drum souvenir popcorn bucket is now at Disney World.
- We reviewed new pasta dishes at Port Orleans French Quarter.
- We checked out what’s new in Disneyland.
- We shared a tip on saving money when buying your Disney World Annual Pass.
- We were live at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on opening day.
- New DFB YouTube videos: How to Hack a Last Minute Disney Trip, 10 Things You Can Skip in Disney World, How to Get Into the Disney Parks When They’re Not Open to the Public, and The Latest Disney News.
New DFB Video — Latest Disney News!
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video — check it out — Latest Disney News — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2019 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2019!
DFB Reader Finds
We told you about the name change at Oasis Canteen in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and DFB friend themeparkologist on Instagram shared this pic with us with the caption: “Oasis Canteen renamed to Epic Eats. SO… I gotta get something “epic” right? Cookies n Cream Topping and Soft-serve vanilla ice cream is $8.49. It won’t disappoint me every time I order. Yummy.”
We love seeing fun eats from around the world including Aulani in Hawaii! DFB fans hungryinvegas on Insta shared this photo with us of the Mickey-shaped Musubi!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this super cute Minnie Cooler Tote – perfect for summer!
WDW for Grownups shared a review of Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for making a Disney Cruise Line specialty coffee at home.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Duck and Bunny Cupcakes.