There has been a TON of news released recently about the 2019 D23 Expo. We’ve learned that National Geographic will be part of this year’s Expo, and we’ve discovered who the Disney Legend honorees will be.
The Expo’s August 23rd start date is quickly approaching, and now Disney has released even MORE details!
At each year’s Expo, Disney typically releases new information on what’s coming to the theme parks around the world. And today, Disney has announced their plans to do this once again with their Imagining Tomorrow, Today pavilion. This will give fans a look into Epcot’s transformation, what’s coming to Magic Kingdom, and details about the upcoming Marvel experiences coming to Hong Kong, Paris, and Disneyland Resort.
Bob Chapek, the chairman of Disney Parks, will hold a presentation on Experiences and Products, which will take place in Hall D23 on August 25th at 10:30 AM.
From the history of the Haunted Mansion to exciting storytelling about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, there’s a lot in store for the 2019 D23 Expo. Below are the panels attendees can expect to see:
Friday, Aug. 23
- 12:30 PM – The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at D23 Expo Arena (FYI, we interviewed the guy who was in charge of this and it’s really cool!)
Saturday, Aug. 24
- 12:30 PM – Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years at D23 Expo Arena
- 3:30 PM – Immersive Worlds: Bringing Stories to Life in Disney Parks at Stage 28
- 6:00 PM – Travels with Marty: A Conversation with the Sklars and Imagineers at Walt Disney Archives Stage
Sunday, Aug. 25
- 10:00 AM – Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains and Spaces Between at Stage 28
- 2 PM – Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Stage 28
- 4 PM – Magic Journey: My Fantastical Walt Disney Imagineering Career with Kevin Rafferty at Walt Disney Archives Stage
- 6 PM – Marc Davis in His Own Words – Imagineering the Disney Theme Park
We’ll keep you updated with even more news about the D23 Expo! Check out the links below to learn about what we’ve covered so far! Get a Sneak Peek at the 2019 D23 Expo MerchandiseSchedule and Sneak Peeks Released for D23 Expo 2019! Disney Legends, Film News, Park Updates and MORE!More Epcot Transformation Details To Be Revealed at D23 Expo in AugustYou’ll Never Guess Who’s Coming to D23 Expo 2019…National Geographic to Appear at D23 Expo for the First Time!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you attending the D23 Expo this year? Let us know in the comments below!