Disney’s California Adventure Food and Wine Festival is BACK in 2017!
The even will run from March 10-April 16, 2017, EVERYDAY! Event booking will be available February 1st at Disneyland.com!
2017 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Details
This year’s festival features Celebrity Kitchen hosted by some of the biggest superstar chefs in the world, including Robert Irvine, Guy Fieri, and Keegan Gerhard. Seminars and tastings will be available as well as lifestyle talks on art, gardening, wellness and more!
Festival Marketplaces (aka Booths) will be created to showcase the regional diversity of California food and wines, and festival-inspired menus will be added to several dining locations throughout California Adventure.
Below are the full menus for the 2016 booths. 2017 Booth Menus are coming soon!
2016 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Details
2016 FULL MENUS For Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Marketplace Booths!
LAstyle Booth Menu
- Chilled Ahi Poke with avocado crème and Wakame salad, topped with sesame tuile, $7.00
- Pork Belly Bao Taco with pickled vegetables, $6.50
- Milk Chocolate Caramel Tart with almond brittle and sea salt, $4.25
The Vineyard Booth Menu
- Cabernet Flight, $16.00
- Chardonnay Flight, $14.00
- Pinot Noir Flight, $19.00
- Wine and Cuvée by the glass
Wine Country Booth Menu
- Zinfandel-Braised Wagyu Beef with creamy polenta and spring pea puree, $8.00 (Gluten/Wheat Allergy Friendly)
- Roasted Yellow Beets and Purple Haze Goat cheese with baby greens, green ver jus, sultanas and cashews, $5.50 (Gluten/Wheat Allergy Friendly)
- Blackberry Tart with rosemary vanilla bean crème fraîche and a Cabernet wine glaze, $4.00
Viva Fresca Menu
- Fried Shrimp Soft Taco with pickled red onion-jalapeno, queso fresco and avocado-lime crème, $6.50
- Anaheim Chile and Roasted Cauliflower Burrito with Jack cheese and avocado-lime crème, $5.50
- Strawberry Mango Agua Fresca (non-alcoholic), $4.25
Gold Rush Menu
- Triple Cheese Mac with Smoked Chicken featuring Fontina, Cheddar and Gouda cheeses, $6.00
- Artichoke Chips with Spicy Aioli, $5.00
- Apple Bacon Whoopie Pie with maple cream cheese icing and bacon brittle, $3.75
- Flower Field Lemonade (non-alcoholic), $4.25
The Brewhouse Menu
- Southern California Beer Flight, $12.25
- Northern California Beer Flight, $11.25
- Craft beers by the glass
The Farm Menu
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider with chimichurri sauce, $7.75
- Golden Thai Vegetable Curry with jasmine rice, $5.75 (Gluten/Wheat Allergy Friendly)
- Meyer Lemon Macaron with blackberry marmalade, Meyer lemon cream and dried blueberry dust, $3.50
By the Bay Menu
- White Cheddar Ale and Bacon Soup, served in a Boudin sourdough mini-boule, $5.50
- Chilled Shrimp and Snow Crab Cocktail, $7.50 (Gluten/Wheat Allergy Friendly)
- Coconut Tapioca layered with fresh mango and lychee boba, topped with green tea micro sponge and mango-couli sesame tuile, $4.25 (Gluten/Wheat Allergy Friendly when served without the green tea micro sponge and sesame tuile; please notify the Cast Member of preference)
Gluten/Wheat Allergy-Friendly Items
Wine Country, By the Bay, and The Farm each have one or two Gluten/Wheat Allergy-Friendly items as designated on the photos below. Please note guests may consult with a chef or special diets trained Cast Member before placing their order.
In addition, many restaurants around Disney California will be serving specialty items throughout the run of the Festival, from Signature Restaurants to Counter Service spots!
Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge
Pacific Wharf Cafe
The Pacific Wharf Cafe will be serving Dungeness Crab Corn Chowder served in a Boudin sourdough boule.
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
Stop by Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill for Shredded Pork Tostadas with grilled pineapple slaw and chipotle crèma.
Lucky Fortune Cookery
Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings will be on the menu at Lucky Fortune Cookery.
Wine Country Trattoria
The Wine Country Trattoria will pair a featured wine with a Fresh Strawberry and Pistachio Cream Tart.
Mendocino Terrace and Sonoma Terrace
A Sausage and Cheese Plate and Fruit and Cheese Plate will be available at Mendocino Terrace and Sonoma Terrace.
Hollywood Backlot Studio Bars
The Hollywood Backlot Studio Bars will feature the same plates as Mendocino Terrace and Sonoma Terrace, and will also be serving a Soft Twisted Pretzel with Cheese Sauce.
2016 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Events
DCAFWF Beverage Seminars will showcase the art and science behind some of the world’s most popular adult beverages. Up to 75 guests will enjoy a 45-minute lesson led by an expert winemaker, sommelier, brewmaster or industry expert. The outdoor seminars take place on the Sonoma Terrace at Golden Vine Winery and include up to 3 sample tastings!
When: Fridays: 2:00, 4:00 & 6:00 PM
Saturdays: 12:00, 2:00, 4:00 & 6:00 PM
Sundays: 12:00, 2:00, 4:00 & 6:00 PM
Where: Sonoma Terrace, located at Golden Vine
Winery, Disney California Adventure Park
Price: $15 per person, plus tax
See a full list of Beverage Seminar dates, times, and presenters for the 2016 Event here!
On Stage 17, celebrity chefs like Robert Irvine and Guy Fieri will entertain the audience with a 90-minute demonstration from a demonstration kitchen on the main stage.
The chefs currently scheduled for Celebrity Kitchen include:
- April 2 – Robert Irvine – Restaurant: Impossible
- April 9 – Andrew Sutton – Executive Chef, Disneyland Resort Signature Dining (1:00 PM only)
- April 9 – Guy Fieri – Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (5:00 PM only)
- April 16 – Keegan Gerhard – Food Network Challenge
- April 23 – TBD
- April 30 – Graham Elliot – MasterChef, MasterChef Junior
When: Saturdays, 1:00 & 5:00 PM
Where: Stage 17, Disney California Adventure Park
Price: $99 per person, plus tax and gratuity
Theme park admission plus additional fee required. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. Booking is now available at Disneyland.com.
Celebrity Kitchen VIP Experience for Disneyland Annual Passholders
If you’re a Disneyland Passholder and are interested in hobnobbing with your favorite celebrity chef up close and personal, you can take advantage of the Celebrity Kitchen VIP Experience.
This $149/person (plus tax) experience includes:
- A VIP autograph session with the Celebrity Chef
- Front-of-house priority seating at the Celebrity Kitchen event, and
- A special festival gift
A Conversation with Kurt Russell
An additional event has been added to the festival – A Conversation with Kurt Russell will take place on April 16, 2016.
This special event will be a 90-minute question and answer session with Disney Legend Kurt Russell about his adventures and personal journey in winemaking, complete with wine tasting. This special event will be $199 plus tax and gratuity.
Interested passholders must book these experiences by phone by calling (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463. Guests under 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Theme park admission plus additional fee required. Subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. A valid Annual Passport is required at check-in to take part in the VIP experience. Annual Passholder blockout dates still apply.
Disneyland Annual Passholder Exclusive Area at Blue Sky Cellar Lounge
Annual Passholders may stop by the Blue Sky Cellar Lounge to relax, charge their phones, and view a screening of “Seasons of the Vine.”
Don’t forget to pick up your Weekly Button, Passholders!
Stay tuned to this page for more updates as we have them! In the meantime, check out what was available at the 2010 Food and Wine Festival below!
LIVE REPORTS FROM THE 2010 FESTIVAL:
Full Introduction and Overview to Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival
Welcome to Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival — First Photos
First Food Reviews from Tastes of California
Specialty Item Reviews: Pulled Pork Sandwich and Mangia Meatballs
Specialty Item Reviews: Chicken Wrap and Cheesecake
Coca-Cola’s “Freestyle” Machine Being Tested at Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival
Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival dates are here! April 16 to May 31, 2010, will provide a magical six weeks of delicious dining and drinking around Disney’s California Adventure park and Disneyland’s Resort Hotels. The festival includes delicious culinary demonstrations, wine seminars, celebrity chefs and more.
NOTE: For events that require advanced reservations: Online registration for Signature Events starts February 16, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. We’ll keep you updated with information as it comes!
2010 DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
For 46 days, Disney’s California Adventure® Park and select locations at the Disneyland® Resort will host “The Art of Flavor,” one of the most anticipated events of spring! Enjoy cooking demonstrations, seminars and recipes that reflect the Golden State’s regional and culinary diversity. It’s presented by Vanity Fair® Premium Napkins and Plates.
Many Festival favorites are returning, in addition to new events and activities…including the all-new Festival Showplace!
Disneyland Annual Passholders can purchase reduced-cost, advance tickets for Festival Signature Events from Feb. 4th – Feb. 15th, 2010. See details on these events below, under “Signature Events.”
General public ticketing begins February 16th on the Disneyland website.
Tasting, sampling, and sipping abounds at the festival. Enjoy some of these fantastic options, whether you’re in Disneyland for a day or settled in for longer!
- “Taste of California” Marketplace: Specialty foods created for the festival, tapas-sized portions of gourmet dishes, and perfectly paired wines and beers are available for purchase around the marketplace. Located at Stage 12 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.
- “Hollywood & Wine” Lounge: Fun name, right? This is pretty much what it sounds like! Sample from a large selection of wines by the glass or try a wine flight.
- Festival Gift Shop: Buy stuff that says “Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival” on it and has that great little grape-y logo up there!
- The “Wine Seller”: Buy it by the bottle here! And they’ll even send it to the front of the park for you. (No need to spend the rest of your day hauling wine around, right?)
- Showplace Stage: This is where you’ll go for any seminars, demos, events, or shows for which you’re registered.
- Chef Showcase Stage: Sunshine Plaza is the place to find the Showcase Stage — and the Showcase Stage is where you’ll find your favorite celebrity chefs working their magic.
- And More!: According to Disney: “Discover new wine regions and varietals at the Festival Wine Walks, shop for unique gifts with Farmers Market merchants or enjoy a delicious new menu item available only during the Festival.”
Chefs expected to appear include:
- Guy Fieri will appear during the Festival’s opening weekend
- Cat Cora
- Robert Irvine
- Jeffrey Saad
- Kerry Simon
Disneyland Annual Passholders can purchase reduced-cost, advance tickets for Festival Signature Events from Feb. 4th – Feb. 15th, 2010.
The Disney’s California Food and Wine festival Signature Events are once-in-a-lifetime (read: ya gotta pay more for ‘em, but it’s worth it) experiences, including cooking classes, wine tastings, and dishes inspired by celebrity chefs. Online registration for Signature Events starts February 16, 2010 at 10:00 a.m.
- Taste Food-Wine-Life (Reserve Now!): Eat, drink and enjoy a celebration for all your senses! Experience the most anticipated event of the Festival in “grand-tasting” style.Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010
Time: 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Price: $135 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.
Note: Advanced reservations are required. Admission to Disney’s California Adventure® Park is not required for this event. It is recommended that Guests be at least 21 years of age to attend this event.
- Napa Rose Cooking School (Reserve Now!): Led by Executive Chef Andrew Sutton, this very popular event takes place in the show kitchen of the Napa Rose restaurant on selected Saturday mornings during the Festival. Learn from acclaimed Chef Sutton to create an elaborate 4-course meal, and then enjoy it at the end of class! (I hope it includes that hot cocoa he made on the Guy Fieri Disneyland Holidays show!)Date: Saturdays, April 17, May 1, 8, 15 and 22
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Napa Rose, Disney’s Grand California Hotel®
Price: $475 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.
Note: Advanced reservations are required. Guests must be at least 18 years of age to attend this event. For your safety, closed-toe shoes and long pants are required.
- Winemaker Dinners (Reserve Now!): Raise a glass and toast the artistry of renowned winemakers. Select Friday evenings at Steakhouse 55, Chef Jason Martin creates an exceptional pairing menu to showcase outstanding wines and the winemakers who create them.Date: Fridays, April 23, 30, May 14 and 21
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Steakhouse 55, Disneyland® Hotel
Price: $135 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.
Note: Advanced Reservations Required.Scheduled to Attend
April 23: Jeff Stewart, Buena Vista Carneros
April 30: Diana Schweiger, Schweiger Vineyards
May 14: Don Hartford, Hartford Family Wines
May 21: Groth Vineyards & Winery
- NEW! Brewmaster Dinner (Reserve Now!): The essential ingredients for this memorable evening include fresh seasonal fare artfully paired with quality, handcrafted beers from the Karl Strauss Brewing Company.Date: Friday, May 7
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Steakhouse 55, the Disneyland® Hotel
Price: $110 per person, plus tax. Gratuity included.
Note: Advance Reservation Required.
- Sweet Sundays (Reserve Now!): The sweetest event of the 2009 Festival is back and just as sweet as ever! Presented by Martini & Rossi and Ghiradelli, this event presents outstanding pastry chefs, bakers and chocolatiers on select Sunday mornings in the new Festival Showplace.Date: Sundays, April 18, May 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
Schedule to attend:
April 18: Jean-Marc Viallet, Executive Pastry Chef
April 25: The Art of Chocolate presented by Ghirardelli Master Chocolatier
May 2: Richard Ruskell, Montage Beverly Hills
May 9: Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito, Baked
May 16: Jorge Sotelo, Executive Pastry Chef, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa
May 23: Elaine Ardizzone & Donna Cellere, Sweet Cheeks Baking Co.
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Festival Showplace, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Disney’s California Adventure® Park
Price: $70 per person, plus tax, gratuity included.
Note: Advanced reservations are required. Theme Park admission is required for this event and is not included in the event price.
- “Taste Wine Like an Expert” (Reserve Now!): Select Saturday afternoons at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa. Join Advanced Sommelier Joy Cushing for a course that introduces you to the joys of wine tasting and the unique characteristics found in every glass. You will use your newfound skills to participate in a “blind tasting” to identify four different wines.Dates: Saturdays, May 1, 8, 15 and 22
Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® Conference Center
Price: $55 per person, plus tax, gratuity included.
Note: Advanced reservations are required. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend this event.
See SamLand’s Intro to Wine Tasting 2009 Review here!
- NEW! Riedel Glass Tasting (Reserve Now!): Professor Claus J. Riedel was the first designer to recognize that the bouquet, taste, balance and finish of wines are affected by the shape of the glass from which they are drunk. In this fascinating class led by an expert from Riedel, discover why the glass matters. At the conclusion of the class, Guests attending this event will be presented with their tasting set of four Riedel Vinum series lead crystal wine glasses* to enjoy at home.Date: Saturday, April 24 & Friday, May 28
Time: 6:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location: Festival Showplace, Stage 12, Disney’s California Adventure® Park
Price: $90 per person, plus tax, gratuity included.Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend this event. Theme Park admission to Disney’s California Adventure park is required and is not included in the price of the event.* WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
SEMINARS AND DEMONSTRATIONS
Here’s the CHEAP STUFF!! Says Disney: “Reservations are not required. These events are first-come, first-seated and will fill up quickly. You are encouraged to arrive early. Queues will form outside of the venue.”
- Wine, Beer and Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars: Seminars are led by noted winemakers, brewers, and distillers. Some will also include Disneyland sommeliers.Note: Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend wine, beer or spirits seminars, demonstrations and events. Please bring valid photo identification. Guests must purchase a tasting wristband to attend Wine, Beer and Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars. Wristbands are available for purchase in the queue before each seminar for $1.00, cash only, while supplies last.
- Culinary Demonstrations: See even more famous and celebrity chefs, as well as your favorite accomplished chefs from the Disneyland Resort and Downtown Disney District, at these demonstrations. Some topics include: the A to Zs of spices, essential cooking tips (one for yours truly, to be sure!), and more!
- Junior Chef: A favorite from previous years, this is for chefs ages 11 and under.
PLACES TO DISCOVER
Here are some more great options for grazing, sipping, and not breaking the bank. Here’s what will surely fill up your time at the California Food and Wine Festival!
- Festival Welcome Center: Located in the entrance plaza of Disney’s California Adventure® Park, the Festival Welcome Center is the hub for all up-to-date Festival information including daily event schedules and Signature Event reservations (if available).
- Festival Artisans: Local craftsmen and artisans will display an array of culinary and wine-inspired crafts, original art, and gourmet home and food products. Located in the Pacific Wharf. (This is where you’ll find me begging my husband for that awesome new art piece!)
- Festival-Inspired Dining: Enjoy unique Festival foods created especially for Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival and welcome back some of your favorites. Delicious Festival-inspired items are available throughout Disney’s California Adventure® Park. Expertly paired wines and beer may also be available for purchase.Note: Selected Disneyland® Resort restaurants will offer prix-fixe dining options highlighting the tastes celebrated at the Fifth Annual Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival.
- Festival Wine Walks: This is a lot like the World Showcase Wine Walk in Epcot! Take a tasting tour of the finest wine regions and travel the globe without ever leaving the Festival. Each walk allows you to purchase a tasting passport and select up to four tastes from around the world, or from a single region.
- Festival Beer Walk: Celebrate the fine art of beer-making and sample amazing ales, lagers and craft beer from around the globe.
- Brewer’s Collection: Enjoy a wide selection of international beer and Festival treats. Selected beers are available by the glass.
All events, seminars, prices, food options, services, age ranges, locations, dates, times, menus, participating chefs, and presenters are subject to restrictions and may change without notice. Check the daily schedule posted at each venue.