Mark your calendars for the Holiday Season at EPCOT! The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays will return for the season on November 18th through December 30, 2018!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is ON until May 28! We have FULL MENUS for the Epcot Flower and Garden FESTIVAL plus Photos of EVERY FOOD ITEM and most beverages!
And, Pixar Fest is ON at Disneyland Resort! This fun festival runs through September 3! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- An after fireworks party is coming to the Magic Kingdom!
- Check out our sneak peek and review of Wine Bar George.
- The DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks 2018-19 is here!
- We reviewed breakfast at the Ale & Compass Restaurant at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- There are new eats at the Golden Horseshoe and Stage Door Cafe in Disneyland.
- We checked out the new DisneyStyle Store in Disney Springs.
- Find out what’s in the new gourmet doughnut at the Disneyland Hotel.
- Check out the new menu at Flo’s V-8 Cafe at Disney California Adventure.
- There’s a new Pixar Fest Churro Challenge at Disneyland Resort.
- Check out the Infinity Gauntlet Sipper at Disneyland!
- Find out how to get FREE beer this summer in Orlando!
- Wine Bar George is opening this weekend at Disney Springs!
- Check out the Disney food trend we can’t escape.
- We have details on the Tropical Hideaway coming to Disneyland!
- We reviewed the new Solo: A Star Wars Story cupcake at Hollywood Studios!
- Check out where you can find the Purple Wall Slush at the Magic Kingdom.
- We have details on what’s new at Hollywood Studios, Pop Century, and Art of Animation.
- Check out the new menu at Scat Cat’s Club at Port Orleans French Quarter.
- We have our ultimate guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
- A new food area has been added to the 2018 Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic!
- A new menu is coming to the Magic Kingdom’s Diamond Horseshoe.
- Changes have been announced at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- A new signature restaurant is coming to Epcot’s Japan Pavilion.
- There’s a new menu at the Rix Sports Bar & Grill at Coronado Springs.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Best Disney World Restaurants with a Fireworks View, Things I Wish I’d Known Before Visiting Castaway Cay, and Food Tour of Animal Kingdom’s Dinoland U.S.A.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go. [Read more…]
Snacking around Epcot is one of our favorite things to do here at the DFB! And today we’re super excited to share the grand launch of the DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks e-book!
To celebrate the launch of the fully-updated 2018-19 edition of the DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks we’re offering a 25% off discount with the promo code Epcot18.
A new Fireworks experience is coming to Magic Kingdom… but this one is a bit different from the popular Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. Because this one is the AFTER Fireworks Dessert Party!
Starting May 28, 2018, guests at the After Fireworks Dessert Party will enjoy a reserved viewing area in the Plaza Garden for the Happily Ever After Fireworks spectacular. And AFTER? That’s when guests will head on over to Tommorrowland Terrace Restaurant and take part in an all-you-care-to-enjoy dessert buffet!
I’ll admit. This is much better than I thought it would be. And for sure it’s 100% a Disney-loving Millennial’s dream come true.
The highly anticipated Disney Style store in Disney World’s Disney Springs opened recently, and it’s actually a ton of fun inside!
Wine Bar George is set to open in a matter of days in Disney Springs!
Guests will be welcome to visit the wine bar starting at 5:00 pm on Saturday, May 19th.
The next day, May 20th, the wine bar will begin operating for what will be its regular daily hours of 11:00 am to 2:00 am.
The opening of Wine Bar George will mark the debut of the only wine bar in the Sunshine State owned by a Master Sommelier — that, of course, is George Miliotes!
Where ma Basics at?!?!?!
Okay, Purple Wall People… we know you’re out there!
The popular picture spot in Tomorrowland — which is known as the Purple Wall because it’s… well, it’s a Purple Wall — is being commemorated in a Slush! [Read more…]
UPDATE: According to Disney, the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe have been toned down as opposed to being quieted entirely, with a goal of being considerate of other guests at the Lodge. We will continue to monitor this story as it develops.
It was always fun to be in on the joke that the “Whisper” in Whispering Canyon Cafe was an intentional misnomer, as this Wilderness Lodge Table Service restaurant was not reflective of the actual atmosphere of the location.
It was always filled with hootin’ and hollerin’, brought about and encouraged by the wacky hijinks of the serving staff.
But in the future, it will be home to three Table Service locations, as Disney has announced that a Signature Dining experience “inspired by the natural beauty of Japan” is on the way to the Pavilion!