Japan’s booth — Hanami — features the fun Frushi once again. Frushi — a fusion of fruit and sushi — was the hit of this Outdoor Kitchen last year!
- Frushi – Fresh pineapple, strawberries and melon, rolled with coconut rice, topped with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with toasted coconut and served with whipped cream on the side
- Temaki hand roll – Sliced Panko fried chicken, curry sauce, rice and pickled julienne carrots wrapped with Nori
- Hanami sushi – A flavorful combination of salmon, scallop and beef-topped rice balls served atop a shiso violet sauce (TRYit! Selection)
- Japanese puffed rice cakes with green tea whipped cream and azuki
- Kirin draft beer
- Pineapple Paradise with Yuzu Slushie – Frozen blend of sweet sake, pineapple juice and crème, flavored with a hint of Yuzu citrus juice
- Orange Mango Slushie – Frozen blend of Nigori sake, mango and orange juice
Kids will find the Frushi lots of fun!
Soy Sauce and chopsticks are available at Hanami!
The sushi, including beef as well, was a wonderful primer to this dish.
We loved watching the chef make the Temaki hand rolls to order.
The Japanese puffed rice cakes with green tea whipped cream and azuki was a really fun surprise! We very much enjoyed this extra dessert at the booth.
The highly-anticipated Frushi lived up to its fun billing. It’s a great option for kids! This sweet, dessert sushi is a great choice if you like the fruit offerings.
We have complete menu coverage on our 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Index page!