We’re in “WE CAN’T WAIT” mode when it comes to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, and we’re already talking about it and planning for it!
But since we can’t be there right now, it’s fun to cook up some of our favorite dishes at home! Lamb chops might not be an everyday kind of meal around your house – it certainly isn’t in the regular rotation at our house – but these Grilled Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies make a nice weekend dinner for the family.
Or maybe you’re planning a casual dinner party for friends – these would be the perfect main dish!
These aren’t too fancy or labor-intensive when it comes to grilling lamb chops – which is one of the reasons we love this recipe. It really is quick and easy, and since it’s one of the most beloved dishes at the Food and Wine Festival, we’re pretty sure it’ll be a winner at your house, too.
And the “potato crunchies” – well, that’s just a fancy name for crushed salt and vinegar potato chips! It doesn’t get easier than that!
Ready to expand your entree range in the kitchen and give your kids potato chips for dinner? Read on! ;-D
Grilled Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
Australia Marketplace Booth
Mint Pesto with Feta Cheese:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
3/4 cup olive oil, divided
1/4 cup mint leaves, washed and dried
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
4 Australian lamb chops
1/3 cup crushed salt and vinegar potato chips, for garnish
For mint pesto with feta cheese:
1. Place garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup olive oil into a blender or food processor. Blend to a paste.
2. Gradually add mint leaves and pulse until emulsified. Gradually add remaining oil.
3. Adjust seasoning with remaining salt, as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use. Mix in feta just before serving.
For lamb chops:
1. Combine olive oil, pepper, and salt in shallow dish large enough to place the lamb chops in a single layer. Coat both sides of chops with oil.
2. Grill lamb chops, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, turning once, or until desired doneness.
1. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each lamb chop. Sprinkle crushed potato chips evenly over each grilled lamb chop.
2. Refrigerate remaining pesto in sealed container.
Start Your Planning Today! The DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book is now available for Pre-Order!
Want even more great tips? This 240+-page guide to the Festival offers insider tips and advice as well as all of the details you need to know to plan your best Festival visit ever. Order your 2016 edition today and get the 2015 edition for FREE, immediately!
Your purchase includes several bonus items as well — including a full daily schedule of events at the Festival and a printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist to carry with you as you Eat around the World!
Use code Chefs at check-out for a $3 discount!
Will you be grilling lamb chops for your next family dinner? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think!