You get whatever you order topped with candied BACON. [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We checked out the Halloween Time eats at Award Weiners!
- Frontera Cocnia is celebrating Mexico’s Día de la Independencia.
- New Kudu Cookie Sandwiches at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodg!
- Earl of Sandwich reopens for a limited time at Disneyland!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is cashless — what does that mean?
- New pizza on the menu at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
- Check out the newest “cocktails” at Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room testing vegan fishless fish and chips.
- We spotted a Disney Skyliner gondola IN one of the stations!
- Are Oreo Bon Bons back at the clam bake at Cape May Cafe?
- We’re talking about all the Halloween Time eats at Disney California Adventure’s Cozy Cone.
- Check out the pumpkin spice paradise we found at Flo’s V-8 Cafe.
- New morning tea experience at Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room!
- We have details on the new Tailgate Tasting at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We checked out all the Halloween Time treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Reuben Spring Rolls have arrived in the Magic Kingdom!
- Check out the change in the pizza dough at Disney Resorts.
- There’s a new menu item at Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom.
- We tried the new Candied Bacon and Chicken Skewers in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Halloween Hot Dog at the Refreshment Corner in Disneyland!
- We reviewed the Haunted Firehouse Chicken Sandwich at Halloween Time.
- Breakfast options announced for Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land.
- Check out the hidden gems at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
- We have details on the price changes and expansions for the Minnie Vans.
- We reviewed California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We spotted new Halloween Time eats at the Grand Californian Hotel.
- Check out the Anti-Vampire Pizza at Halloween Time!
- You’ve got to see the Churro Cereal Bites Sundae at Disneyland’s Hungry Bear Restaurant!
- Check out the menu changes at Light Lab at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on new eats, merchandise, and more at Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed the Halloween Time eats at Pacific Wharf Cafe.
- Will you choose the Chosen One dessert at Saratoga Springs?
- New passholder discount available at two Disney Springs locations.
- We loved the Bacon Mac and Cheese French Fries in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the September Burger of the Month at The Edison.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland is home to some great Halloween Time eats!
- We checked out everything NEW at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- We spotted Pumpkin Spice Churro Balls in Disney Springs.
- We were live at Halloween Time at Disneyland!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 10 Disney Snacks Ranked!, 11 Reasons Why Your Next Disney Trip Will be Awesome, Disney World Food Tour – Everything to Eat at the Value Resorts, and Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked!
Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival is a fabulous opportunity to eat lots of great food and to drink lots of great drinks. And while we know we’ll be putting some of our returning favorites on our must-eat list — we also make a second list: New Stuff We Can’t Wait to Try! (Yeah, we’re all about lists here at DFB!)
And this is that list — including a few items we got the chance to sample recently!
Guinness Baileys Shake – Ireland
The new Guinness Bailey’s Shake from the Ireland booth got us all kinds of excited when we saw it on the menu! We were expecting a frozen, creamy drink with a powerful hit of Guinness and Baileys — and that’s just what we got when we tried it during a preview! PLUS it comes with the glass! We can’t wait to try it again!
The Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar is brand new this year, and the offerings sound incredible! Mimosas include varieties like the Tropical Mimosa and the Madras Mimosa (which we have tried!), and there’s a tasty-sounding, kid-friendly drink called Frozen Apple Pie!
But aside from those intriguing drinks, the Mimosa Bar is also serving up pastries like an Almond Croissant and a Cheese Danish with Sweet Icing! One of each, please! [Read more…]
Y’all already know about the new grown-up drinks being served up in Pandora at the Pongu Pongu lounge, but that’s not the only place you can get something new and boozy in the Animal Kingdom! Nosiree!
If you happen to find yourself on the other side of the park in the land of cartoonish dinosaurs, stroll up to the window of Trilo-Bites and take a gander at their (changing-with-some-frequency) little menu.
OK, I promised you on Saturday that I’d have a full, extensive review of the new BoardWalk Bakery for you soon…and here it is!!
Last Friday, I was up bright and early to be first in line for the grand re-opening of the brand new BoardWalk Bakery at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn! And while I wasn’t FIRST in line, I came pretty close. 🙂
Long a fan favorite, this tiny bakery needed a major overhaul in the space department, and we couldn’t wait to see what Imagineers had dreamed up.
We’ll start with atmosphere pics and lead into the goodies. If you want to dive right into the super sugary part, scroll to the bottom section called “What Did I Pick?”
When looking for the BoardWalk Bakery, head down the steps from the hotel’s main lobby to the BoardWalk, and you can’t miss it.
I wasn’t disappointed to see that the bakery had tripled in size. This place really needed to be larger!
You can see that there are now two entrances to the bakery — one for those queuing up for food, and one for BoardWalk Inn and Villas guests who just need to refill their resort mugs. A great system!
And, of course, Hue G. Krazont is still the proprietor. 🙂
Time to head inside!! Guests who were there first thing received these snazzy celebration buttons. (Okay, they’re the regular celebration buttons with handwriting. But still.)
We are ecstatic to see a lot more room inside the bakery, even though most of it is reserved for the actual queue line.
The classy red walls and checkerboard floor along with wrought iron, brass, and dark wood accents give this spot a been-there-forever kind of classic feel. The schoolhouse lighting is another fun addition!
Note, however, that the display cases have multiplied by about four! They’re not kidding around with the focal point here!
If you do find yourself in that long queue line, at least the large windows make people watching on the BoardWalk an easy sport.
Soon you’ll get up to the bakery and dessert cases to make your selections. We’ve got LOTS more pics of these in our “Eats” Section of this review…so scroll down for the goodies!
After you’ve made your selections and check out, it’s time to [Read more…]
Everything Pop Food Court
Thanks to reader Susan T., we have a bit of seriously rad information for you: The King Cupcake recently debuted at the Pop Century Resort at Walt Disney World in the Everything Pop food court! As a tribute to Elvis Presley, the cupcake features all of the flavors from the King’s renowned favorite sandwich:
- Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Custard Filling
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Candied Bacon
- Chocolate Drizzle
This is totally a big hunk ‘o love, right?! Can you believe that?!?
Susan sent along this review — scroll down to see her pic!:
The cupcake was nice and moist. I would’ve liked a bit more banana custard inside, but it was nice and tasty. The peanut butter icing was to die for. You really need to like peanut butter, which I do — so I loved the icing.
It was my first time eating candied bacon. It was [Read more…]