Welcome to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, where you can leave the world of today and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy! And where there’s always something new to check out. That’s where we come in.
For this round of “What’s New,” we’re heading to three Disney World parks and five Resorts to check out candy apples, menu changes, comfort foods, and oodles of cold drinks to help you cool down in hot temperatures! Welcome back to “What’s New!”
Magic Kingdom rang in the summer with the 24-Hour Rock Your Disney Side event. Several treats debuted that day, which were originally intended to be around just for those 24 hours; but a few made the cut to stick around a little longer, including these eye-catching Maleficent Krispy Treats and cake pops found in the Main Street Confectionery and Big Top Treats.
He’s too cute to not show twice !
And at Main Street Bakery, the Olaf the Snowman Carrot Cake Cupcake remains, alongside a Frozen-themed one as well.
Columbia Harbour House
The Plaza Restaurant
The Plaza Restaurant added a great-sounding choice to their list of entrees: a Beef Brisket Onion Burger.
Tony’s Town Square
At Tony’s Town Square, guests can now choose a Seasonal and Sustainable Fresh Catch Salad. And at lunch, a Meatball Trio has replaced the Meatball Sliders.
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe is serving up a new Cherry Slush topped with Lemon-Lime Fomz.
Read more about it (and the mystery that is “Fomz”) by clicking here!
The Refreshment Cool Post (found in the Africa Outpost as you stroll around World Showcase) is offering a few summer treats: Pineapple and Coconut Frozen Yogurt (served solo or swirled together) and a Mango Rum Smoothie featuring African Starr Rum. Check out our review of the new Frozen Yogurt flavors here!
A couple of really fun new adult beverages have arrived in Animal Kingdom!
Head over to Asia’s Drinkwallah for a Coconut-Lychee Lemonade with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum. We’ll have a review on the blog soon!
Or if you’ve really got to tame your sweet tooth, try [Read more…]
Have you seen the awesome new Disney food-themed merch slated to hit the shelves at Disney World’s new Marketplace Co-Op shop?
And don’t forget to check out the incredible atmosphere (including an interactive chalkboard!!) at Disneyland’s brand new Downtown Disney Starbucks!
Jump on board and follow along for even more awesome Disney Food news, pictures, and posts here on the DFB Disney Food Round-Up!
Click on the links below for more food news from Disney!
Disney Food News
- Check out the Strawberry Oat Bar at the Main Street Confectionery!
- There are brand new Cake Cups at the Cheshire Cafe! I’m off to get in line… .
- A new Food Truck Park is coming to Disney World’s Downtown Disney! Read more here.
- The new Starbucks has opened in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney! Check it out!
- We love the new Disney food-themed merch coming to Disney World’s Downtown Disney Co-Op store!
- We’re looking forward to the NEW IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, and more!
DFB Reader Finds
It’s always a good day for a candy apple from Disney. Facebook friend Pam shared this fun photo!
We can’t wait to see what our readers share with us next!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book Deal
The fully updated DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 450 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subjects — food and dining in Walt Disney World.
It’s guaranteed to help you navigate your way to delicious dining on your next trip! And if you’re ready to get yours now, head on over to DFBGuide.com to pick it up!!
For our Grand Launch Sale, use code: 2014 to get a $4 discount for a limited time! And at the end of this post, we have details on even more savings!
Here Are Just Some Of What You Get With Our 2014 Guide:
- Over 450 Pages of Disney Dining and Planning information, tips, reviews, and recommendations!
- An in-depth Disney Dining Restaurant Reviews section, covering all Disney restaurants, food kiosks, bars, and lounges
- An updated Disney Dining Plan section and price analysis for 2014
- NEW Disney food and restaurant photos
- An updated Disney Snacks chapter, including our list of dozens of must-try snacks AND our Top 11 Must-Have Snacks for 2014.
- An updated section on birthday parties and specialty cakes in Disney World
- A comprehensive, 10-page chapter of What’s New in Disney World in 2014, including new restaurants, menu updates, and more
- Details about how the My Magic+ Planning System and FastPass+ will affect your vacation planning
- Our picks for the 11 Great Snacks you must try this year
- Scavenger Hunts, Trivia, and Top 5 List updates
- Bingo Cards
- Updates on all pertinent facts such as dining hours, prices, resources, phone numbers, and restaurant closures/openings
- All new restaurant additions, closures, refurbishments, and added dining experiences
- And much more!
But, of course we’re offering a discount for our Grand Launch week!! Again, to celebrate the launch and to thank you for your support of the blog, we’ll be offering the Guide for $4 off its standard rate for a limited time! Order your copy now at DFBGuide.com and use code: [Read more…]
It’s no secret that my daughter Louisa is more than a little produce averse. There was a period of about four years when NO fruit or vegetable crossed her lips, and even now at age 12 she still has to be cajoled into having more than a bite or two of something as innocuous as sweet potato or banana.
So you can imagine my surprise when, on a recent trip to the Animal Kingdom’s Yak & Yeti restaurant, she consumed nearly the entire plate of wok-fried green beans we had ordered for the table. It was one of those parenting moments where you hold your breath and move slowly so as to avoid breaking the spell.
Those Yak & Yeti yummies didn’t turn Louisa into an inveterate bean eater, but she is now occasionally willing to nibble on a tempura string bean if we’re out for Japanese. Based on our prior track record with legumes, I’m going to count that solidly in the win column.
The Theme Park Food Effect
What was it about the Yak & Yeti beans that made Louisa such a fan? Yes, they were quite tasty, and yes, the green part was handily obfuscated by a crunchy, yumtastic fried breading coating; but we had tried similar ploys in the past to no avail. My theory is that the Yak & Yeti beans were flavored by the spice of (cue the orchestra) The Theme Park Food Effect.
Much like campers will say that meals eaten on the trail are the BEST, you know that their experience is colored by the fact that their senses are overwhelmed and they’re starving from an [Read more…]
According to one of my favorite people at the DisneyParks Blog, merch specialist Steven Miller, there are some awesome new Disney food merch items about to debut!
Taking the powerful sense of smell and combining it with the Disney food world, the Parks will release Disney Food-inspired Air Fresheners in August!
And while I’m not 100% sure (not even 25% sure) I’d want a Turkey Leg scent emanating from my car on these hot summer days, I sure could get on board with a yummy Mickey Waffle smell or that spicy candy apple!
Happy Halloween weekend! Let’s skip the tricks and get right to the treats — beer, food, wine, candy, and appetizers are all in the news this week.
And don’t forget to stop by the Main Street Bakery to get your homemade ice cream cookie sandwich on their specialty Halloween cookies! Here we go…
Latest Disney Food News
Read on for this week’s Disney Food news highlights!
- The Raglan Road Irish Pub at Downtown Disney offers a menu of craft beers!
- La Cava del Tequila in Disney World has renovated its menu yet again. Check out the brand new appetizer list!
- Tables in Wonderland announces an event for November 2011 at The Wave in the Contemporary Resort!
- Review of the new Dulce Aventura candy store in Disneyland Resort’s Disney California Adventure!
- Food photos and reviews from the Argentina and Morocco booths at the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Review of the new Tequila tasting and lunch held at La Hacienda de San Angel during the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- Disney World Free Dining has been extended through September 2012 for Canadian and Latin American visitors!
Find more Disney news on our Disney News Pin Board, updated regularly with Disney Food News both big and small!
Epcot Food and Wine Festival Updates
We’ve passed the midway point of the festival, but there’s still a LOT of eating to do! Here are a few ways to stay up to date:
- We’re marking the occasion with a sale on our Festival e-book! Use code MIDPOINT to get 20% off the price of the DFB Mini-Guide to the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book.
- Check out all of the great reviews coming in from the Festival! We have reviews of the World Showcase booths as well as the special events and deminars. To go directly to Epcot Food and Wine Festival reviews, click here.
- Check out food photos from all of the World Showcase booths here!
Stay tuned to our continuing coverage of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival over on our Epcot Food & Wine Festival Pages!
Review of The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book
The Disney Food Blog’s Guide to Dining in Walt Disney World features 250 full-color pages of information, planning suggestions, tips, and details about eating in Disney World.
According to The Clothspring, “The money saving advice in this book pays for itself! You get insider tips and expert advice on food in Disney. Author AJ Wolfe, also author of the Disney Food Blog, has compiled the best, easiest to follow guide on Disney food you will find on the market.”
Read the rest of the review here!
Before planning YOUR Disney World trip, order your copy here!
On to the Round-Up!
DisZine features an awesome Halloween sale at the Swan and Dolphin Resort in Walt Disney World! Book now for several months out and get an added “treat!”
WESH.com features some delicious pumpkin-y goodness in an article about Disney World Halloween Treats and Tips (by yours truly!!)
Eating (and Drinking) Around the World takes us on a fun tour of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
The Dallas Arboretum highlights their 2011 fairytale theme in the pumpkin patch. Check out the amazing Cinderella’s Pumpkin Village.
Main Street Gazette samples an old-fashioned candy apple at Candy Cauldron in Downtown Disney!
WDWRadio has us craving fried chicken with this recipe for Buttermilk Fried Chicken from the Pop Century Resort!
Disney by Mark reviews the September 30 Xante Mixology seminar at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
Disney Parks Blog has a great video about a new dish at Remy on the Disney Dream:
Halloween treats continue to materialize around Walt Disney World in preparation for the fun this Fall. We reported on a few a couple of weeks ago, and Heather showcased some in Disneyland on Thursday; but there are even more to enjoy during this spooky season!
Main Street Bakery
New for this year’s Halloween season are a chocolate-covered Mummy Cookie and a Graveyard Cupcake.
The Mummy Cookie is actually a sugar cookie, though it looks like gingerbread at first glance due to the shape. It’s milk chocolate covered, then “wrapped” with [Read more…]
Disney’s unveiling a fun Jack-o-Lantern themed caramel apple for the Halloween season!
Keep watch for this Mickey Pumpkin Apple, which will start showing up on Disney candy store shelves tomorrow, September 1st! You should be able to purchase them through October 31st!
Regularly $8.95, word is that Annual Passholders should be able to get this sweet treat for $6.95, plus tax. (Offer subject to change without notice.)
Find these at Marceline’s Confectionery and Candy Palace in Disneyland, and at select locations in Walt Disney World!