While construction continues at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, we were thrilled this week to share a first look at the refurbished Captain Cook’s. Find out what new entrees we tried!
Click below for all the details on this week’s Disney Food News!
Disney Food News
- Take a photo tour of the newly reopened Captain Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World!
- Plan ahead for New Year’s Eve in Disney World.
- Celebrate the Great Irish Hooley at Disney World’s Raglan Road.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, New Dessert at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (it sounds so good!), and more!
DFB Reader Finds
Red. Velvet. Cake. That’s right! Today, we’re sharing photos of Red Velvet goodies from Disney World.
Facebook Friend Akemi enticed our appetites with this gorgeous photo of Red Velvet Cake at Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney Orlando.
If you’re looking for a counter-service dessert, one of our favorites — the Red Velvet Cupcake from the Contempo Cafe — was shared by Facebook Friend Marion.
What’s your Favorite Find? Send it in!
DFB Guidebooks Back to School Sale!!
Take a look at our Back to School Special — available now through Sunday, August 24th!! For a limited time, you can enjoy $5 off of our DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014 by using code School2014!
And you can scroll down to the end of this section for details on even more savings!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014
Our fully guaranteed, comprehensive e-Book offers more than 450 full-color pages to help you plan your very best Disney World trip ever!
With reviews, tips, expert advice, and hundreds of color photographs, you’ll get the biggest bang for your planning buck! And our handy e-Book format has been completely updated for your 2014-15 Disney World vacation.
Inside the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014, you’ll find:
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries to help you start the planning process. There are hundreds of dining options in Disney World. These examples, which highlight particular theme parks, touring styles, and dietary needs, will help you get an idea of what a perfect dining day might look like for you and your family.
- A full chapter on discounts to apply to your Disney Dining experiences.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges. Disney Food Blog readers asked for this feature, and we were happy to make it happen! An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, we devote a whole index to the topic. Every single bar and lounge in Disney World is covered — and includes a review!
- Details about how the My Magic+ Planning System and FastPass+ affect your vacation planning.
- Scavenger Hunts, Trivia, and Top 5 List updates to pass the time while you’re waiting in line.
- Disney Food Bingo Cards — a whole new way to play with your Disney food!
- Plus SO much more!
The best part? [Read more…]