Today we checked out the progress on both projects!
There’s so much going on in Epcot! They are getting ready for the Festival of the Arts to open next week, adding new rides, attractions, restaurants, and even more. This visit was jam-packed with updates!
Let’s dive into all of the updates and start in Future World at one of our first stops on every visit — Fountain View for Coffee and Cupcakes!
There’s a lot going on in Epcot! World Showcase is getting ready for a new nighttime show after IllumiNations ends, Japan is welcoming a new table-service restaurant, France is adding a Ratatouille Ride and Beauty and the Beast attraction, and a Guardians of the Galaxy ride is coming to Future World. That means lots of construction, construction walls, scrims, and more around the park. We checked on the progress of all of these projects on our latest visit to the park.
With one of the more colorful construction walls in the park — the Guardians of the Galaxy ride is coming along with the conversion of the former Universe of Energy building into the queue building for the new ride.
With only three weeks left in 2018 we are getting closer and closer to the opening date of Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Land in the fall of 2019. Now, it looks like Disney is getting just as excited as we are because we spotted the previously seen Galaxy’s Edge merchandise in a more permanent location in Hollywood Studios! While we were in the park we also checked on the progress of the construction of the new land as well as renovations at Tatooine Traders.
Take a close look at the shirt — can you see the Millennium Falcon on there between “Landing” and “2019”? That’s a cool and subtle nod to the new ride, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is busy as they work to build the new Tron attraction opening in 2021 for the park’s 50th anniversary (can’t wait!). This week a popular, and original ride was temporarily closed as they continue construction on the new Tron attraction.
That’s right, the Walt Disney Railroad isn’t running as Tron’s construction nears the railroad tracks, but it isn’t all bad news for fans of the train.
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the new artwork that was released for the Storybook Dining with Snow White at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- We’re happy to share that Bing Bong has finally arrived at Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff on Pixar Pier!
- We shared what’s new at Epcot this week!
- We checked out the classic and unique snacks at Heritage Manor Gifts in Epcot’s American Adventure Pavilion.
- See how the Germany Pavilion Train Village celebrates the Epcot Festival of the Holidays.
- We spotted Maple Bourbon Eggnog at The Polite Pig in Disney Springs!
- Check out what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this week.
- We have details on the Holiday Sweater Passholder Get Together in Disney Springs!
- Check out everything new that we found at Animal Kingdom this week.
- We shared details on the New Year’s Eve celebration at The Edison in Disney Springs.
- Check out the new cooking class available at Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- We shared details on the discount coupon available at Satu’li Canteen in Pandora in the Animal Kingdom.
- Check out what’s new in the Magic Kingdom this week!
- We spotted new Starbucks Tumblers in Epcot.
- There’s a new Spaceship Earth Krispy Treat at Epcot’s Fountain View!
- Check out the new ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ meet-and-greet in Epcot!
- We shared the latest construction updates from Disney’s Animal Kingdom! And, more construction updates from Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom!
- Chef José Andrés has been nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.
- The new Mickey 90 Ears are available in Disney Springs.
- We reviewed dinner at Jiko in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- Check out the ugly sweater and matching pajama events in Disney Springs.
- We shared a photo tour of the new exit at Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom.
- The hot holiday drink mug has returned to the Magic Kingdom!
- Tokyo Disney Resort is building a new Toy Story Hotel.
- The name was announced for the new rooftop restaurant at the Gran Destino Tower.
- We shared details on the Sip and Savor Pass at the Disney California Adventure Festival of Holidays.
- Check out the opening date for the new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs.
- We shared our favorite merchandise from the Epcot Festival of the Holidays.
- Check out the seasonal treats and gingerbread display at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs.
- The gingerbread display at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is up for this season.
- We reviewed the Meatball Sub and White Pizza at the BoardWalk Pizza Window.
- We reviewed some new eats at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- New DFB YouTube videos: New Disney Dishes that We Loved (And One That We Didn’t), Review of Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, Changes and Updates Just Announced for the Disney Parks, and Tour of the 2018 Disney World Gingerbread Displays.
New DFB Video — Changes and Updates Just Announced for the Disney Parks
The Animal Kingdom is always a fun park to visit, and this week’s visit kept us busy with lots of new items including #Mickey90 ears, some fun Christmas gifts, new food, and construction updates.
We love how relaxed this scene makes us feel — before we dash around the park! Here’s everything we found this week.
If there is any place more picturesque than Disney World’s Animal Kingdom to enjoy a stroll or simply sit for a spell and take in your surroundings?
I think many would agree when we say, “Nope!” And now there are a few more places where you can do the latter (which we found while doing the former 😉 ) on our latest trip to the park!
Drinkwallah is a spot where you can always grab a Frozen Coke or other frozen beverage and a few other snacks (currently, Cinnamon-Glazed Almonds and Pecans are also featured on the menu). [Read more…]
We’ve shown you Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (along with Toy Story Land) all dressed up for the season, now it’s time to highlight the Animal Kingdom. Their Christmas decorations are always fun to see as they incorporate themes from the park attractions and regions represented in the park. Plus, while we were taking in all the decorations we found some new menu updates as well as some must-have merchandise!
Whether this is your first or 10th visit to Animal Kingdom during Christmas be sure to take some time to look at the ornaments on the tree at the entrance to the park. They are both representative of the park, and also feature some favorite Disney characters!