The Carthay Circle Theatre is looking gorgeous in Disney California Adventure. Disney Imagineering has worked hard on the replica of this famed theatre in which “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937. Check out these great pics that Heather got!
Disney California Adventure is set to release a whole bunch of fun new merchandise when the construction walls come down this June!
Check out all of the foodie-related items that I found at the recent Passholder Preview this week (where I also tried the new popcorn flavor and slushies that will debut!). I absolutely love the new artwork being used.
I just love the retro-looking image of Mickey and Minnie pulling the trailer on this lunch bag. It’s also insulated, roomy, and it has an [Read more…]
After what seems to have been an eternity, the construction walls of Disney California Adventure will soon be no more. Lots of exciting things are on the horizon, including some fun new treats!
At this week’s Annual Passholder Preview, I was able to get my taste buds revved up for a few of these unique new eats n’ drinks.
Viva Italia! The temporary Italy kiosk in Epcot is now serving up some tasty eats including ravioli — along with glasses of wine!
Disney Food News
We’re serving up the latest foodie news this week!
- New Italian Food Kiosk serving to-go food and wine in Epcot!
- Check out this gorgeous cupcake from Disneyland’s New Orleans Bayou Bash! Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting and so much more!
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District will hold a Fat Tuesday meal on the 21st!
- Food-decorated Disney luggage spotted at the Disneyland Resort.
For more delicious food news, stop by our Disney Food News Pin Board, where Disney Food News is updated on a regular basis!
On to the Round-Up
Carmi’s Art Life World Check out the Mickey Retro Kitchen Series — it’s miniature Japanese collectibles!
Walt Disney World for Grown-Ups visits the lounge at the California Grill. Cheers!
MousePlanet stops by Germany’s Biergarten in Epcot!
StudiosCentral.com analyzes how to get the best values with your Disney Dining Plan credits at counter-service restaurants in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Yesterland takes a look back at the Burger Invasion in Disney California Adventure.
Kevin Kidney reminisces about a long-lost mural from the Plaza Pavilion and welcomes the new Jolly Holiday Bakery to Disneyland.
Main Street Gazette pays tribute to the Cobb Salad at The Hollywood Brown Derby.
More and more, we’re seeing iconic Disney food depicted as graphics, shapes, and patterns in Disney merchandise. You’ll remember the Mickey Bar-shaped antenna topper and the Mickey breakfast pajama pants, of course. And who can forget the Disney food playset and the Disney food magnets!
But walking through the lobby of the Grand Californian Friday night, I spotted what I think is quite possibly the coolest “food” merchandise I’ve ever come across. So cool that I have a strong feeling I will be back to buy it.
I love Disney Food. I love Disney travel. SO, why not combine the two for a super awesome, totally radical new Disney food suitcase? This beauty was calling my name from its pedestal in the lobby gift shop.
The fun snack food designs are what caught my eye first. I noticed the Mickey Bars, popcorn, lollipops, and cotton candy. Already I’m sold. THEN I saw that it was specific to Disneyland Resort and noticed the text that read Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. So fun.
But wait! There’s still more to notice. It took me a minute until I realized that the orange “shape” was actually the silhouette of Grizzly Peak over at DCA, and of course you can’t forget the purple Sleeping Beauty Castle. Another fun detail? The [Read more…]
Welcome to the SUPERBOWL EDITION of the Disney Food Post Round-Up!!
Does this mean that these articles are particularly football-related? No. But it does mean that I’m probably prepping to watch some football while you’re reading!! Here we go!!
Disney Food News
Get your news hot and fresh this week!
- Watching the Big Game in WDW? Check out some Super Bowl eats! Main Street Bakery is even offering those Pats and Giants cupcakes you see in the pic! (Thanks to @PlazaandMainSt for the photo!)
- Flavorful popcorn (including test flavors) are popping up around the Disney Parks. There’s also Vinylmation Popcorns coming up soon!
- Disneyland Cupcakes are back in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney! Yummy pictures included.
- Earl of Sandwich has a new “for a limited time” french dip sandwich! Check out a photo here!
- The Landscape of Flavors food court at Art of Animation resort will open this summer! Check out these newly revealed menu items!
- There’s lots of news from Raglan Road at Downtown Disney including St. Patrick’s Day luncheon with Chef Kevin Dundon and new gluten free items on the menu!
For more sweet and savory food news, stop by our Disney Food News Pin Board, where Disney Food News is updated on a regular basis!
The Disney Food Blog Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book
The DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book is proving invaluable to food-lovers headed to Disney World!!
We couldn’t fit this detailed information into our overview book, The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, so we’ve created an entire guide detailing over 70 Magic Kingdom snacks!
You’ll see photos, reviews, costs, and Disney Dining Plan snack credit information about each featured snack! Be sure to check out http://DFBMiniGuides.com for details about the e-Book, sample pages, and even a list of the bonus items in the book!
To grab a 20% discount today, use code MAGIC at the check-out!! We hope you enjoy!
And don’t forget to pick up the 250-page, picture-packed DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining while you’re at it! Thanks for supporting the Disney Food Blog!
On to the Round-Up
Yesterland bids farewell to Bur-r-r-bank Ice Cream in Disney California Adventure.
WildernessLodgeSite.com makes the Artist Point’s Berry Cobbler. Yum!
Main Street Gazette heads to Sunshine Seasons for a vegetarian review of the S’mores Brownie.
Orlando Sentinel talks turkey — and confirms that those popular turkey legs being served in the parks are definitely not emu legs.
AllEars.Net‘s Deb Wills reviews eats at the Magic Kingdom and Contemporary Resort.
Eating (and Drinking) Around the World takes a look at new adult beverages in Epcot’s World Showcase!
a Mouse and a Dream discovers sweet potato fries at Cafe’ Orleans in Disneyland. Thanks to DFB reader Alex for letting me know about this site!
Have a great week!! May the best team win
As you know, we’re always on the look-out for menu news!
Today we’ve got some sneak peeks to share about Flo’s V-8 Cafe, part of the upcoming Cars Land in Disneyland Resort’s Disney California Adventure. AND we have some fun menu news out of the Animal Kingdom in Disney World! Let’s go…
Flo’s V-8 Cafe Sweet Stuff
Reminiscent of the small cafes along Route 66, Flo’s V-8 is slated to serve comfort food…including pies!
And the DisneyParks Blog just revealed a few of the pies that will be offered at Flo’s V-8!! These include… Dutch Apple-Cheddar (yum), Strawberry Rhubarb (yum), Mississippi Mud (double yum), and blueberry (yum)!!
Yet another reason that dining in Cars Land is on my bucket list! Flo’s is scheduled to open this summer.
Tamu Tamu Menu Addition
Across the country in Orlando, Disney World’s Animal Kingdom has quietly revealed a new menu item that’s creating a [Read more…]
Cheers! Our favorite Disney destinations were filled with news of great places to enjoy an adult beverage. I certainly enjoyed Japan’s new outdoor sake bar.
Disney Food News to Quench Your Thirst
- Cheers! Epcot’s Italy will be introducing the Gusto Wine Bar later this year!
- Stop by Japan’s outdoor sake bar for a Lime Sake cocktail. Specialty drinks, bottled beer, and draft beer are also thirst quenching options!
- Summer of 2012 will debut a new Alice in Wonderland themed rave, Mad T Party, replacing ElecTRONica in Disney California Adventure!
- Disneyland held its first ever Dia de Reyes (Three Kings) celebration this past weekend! Check out these awesome photos and food reviews!
- Target.com has some adorable Disney themed kitchenware. Go ahead and start your morning meal served in a Mickey bowl!
For more toast-worthy food news, stop by our Disney Food News Pin Board, where Disney Food News is updated on a regular basis!
On to the Round-Up!
Walt Disney World for Grown Ups stops by the Petals Pool Bar at the Pop Century Resort.
Daveland gives us a nostalgic look (circa 1969) at the Tahitian Terrace Restaurant in Disneyland. And includes the vintage menu!
All Ears Net guest blogger Jason (of DisneyGeek.com) has some awesome pics of new restaurant construction over in Disney California Adventure!
Bonnet Creek Blog has great news about Oscar’s at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando Resort! They’ve developed a delicious Golden Waffle recipe that will entice guests to savor a relaxing morning!
Main Street Gazette tries the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments.
All Fare’s Food Blog returns to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for drinks, eats and fun movie clips!
USA Today Travel and Mouseplanet highlight dining at Disney with Dietary Restrictions.
About.com Theme Parks finds Via Napoli’s pizza disappointing. (Sigh… I disagree…)
Happy New Year, everyone!! We hope your year is filled with delicious treats and lovely toasts, but most of all, we hope your year has a little Disney in it!
To start things out right, here’s a recap of the Disney Food news that’s been happening over the past week while we were all stuffing ourselves with fudge, cookies, and egg nog (oh, wait, that was just me?). Believe it or not, there were a LOT of developments last week!
Brand New Disney Food News
- A new food court, Landscapes Cafe, will be opening in Disney World in 2012 at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort! We just love new restaurants!
- More restaurants added to the 2012 Disney Dining Plan! Great to have some more Downtown Disney restaurants on the list!
- Large Mickey waffles are now being served at the Contempo Cafe in Disney’s Contemporary Resort during breakfast hours. Start your day with a familiar face!
- Cupcake jewelry is the new “wearable” food at Disney parks!
- BabyCakes NYC’s Downtown Disney Marketplace location is now taking cake orders to be enjoyed during your Disney Dining reservation! Have a gluten-free or vegan diner in your group? This is for you!
- Club 33 in Disneyland may be changing some membership policies come 2012 — and the brand new Club 1901 in Disney California Adventure might be part of the action!
- Ring in 2012 at these Disney restaurants and special events!
- The 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival will kick off with a new runDisney race: the Tower of Terror 10-Miler! I’ll see you there!
- There’s a new sandwich in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Try the Pot Roast Sandwich before your next ride on Tower of Terror!
- Williams Sonoma is selling some fun, Disney-themed bakeware!
- Todd English’s bluezoo at the Walt Disney World Dolphin resort has debuted a new electronic bar menu! And it’s interactive!
On to the Round-Up!
Walt Disney World for Grown-Ups hangs out at the Dawa Bar in the Animal Kingdom. Sigh — so relaxing!! One of my favorite places!
RocketNews24 shares six reasons Tokyo Disneyland’s secret restaurant Club 33 is awesome! I’m LOVING the pics in this one!
SamLand Disney takes a power lunch at The Brown Derby restaurant. Check out the vintage phones!
Gorillas Don’t Blog shares a vintage Disneyland photo of the Red Wagon Inn, Walt’s personal favorite restaurant in 1955.
AllEars.net celebrated 15 great years at the beginning of December, and did so with some delicious Disney food.
Main St. Gazette celebrates the season with some Pumpkin Fudge! Great pic, Ryan!
Disney Parks Blog shared recipes for two of Trader Sam’s holiday cocktails! If you can’t make it to Disneyland, make one at home!
The Mouseplanet column in USA Today recently brought to my attention some proposed Club 33 policy changes, along with the mention of Club 1901, the new VIP lounge that will be built into the Carthay Circle Theater in the new Disney California Adventure revamp.
Club 33 Policy Changes
Proposed changes for Disneyland’s famously exclusive, members-only Club 33 are causing a stir. The Club offers different levels of personal and corporate membership, and most of the policy updates center around changing the levels.
According to the article, the Gold membership (estimated $3,600 annual dues) for the club will be phased out in 2012, leaving only the new Platinum membership (estimated $10,000 annual dues). The differences in the membership levels are significant not only in price, but also in what you get for your money:
Reported Platinum Membership Benefits
Premier Annual Pass (admission to all parks at both Disney World and Disneyland)
Four Additional Premier Annual Passes for family and friends
Access to Club 1901, the new VIP lounge in Carthay Circle Theater in Disney California Adventure (see more details below)
Book up to 5 VIP guided tours per year
Reported Gold Membership Benefits
Annual Pass to Disneyland Resort
(These members LOSE the past benefit of admission for a guest into the park for the day when not dining at Club 33)
(These members do NOT receive additional annual passes)
(These members do NOT have access to Club 1901)
Existing Gold level members will have the chance to upgrade to Platinum. All new Club 33 members will be required to join at the Platinum level.
In addition to the membership level changes the following policies may also change in 2012:
- Free valet parking at the Grand Californian Hotel is now offered only when the member is dining at Club 33
- When dining at Club 33, members may still request guest passes for those dining with them. However, regular members are now limited to 50 guest passes per year; corporate members are limited to 100 passes. Once the allocated guest passes have been used, members can purchase additional tickets at a 20 percent discount.
The official club member booklet will be released in a few days. Until then, these changes are just “proposed” and may or may not come to fulfillment.