Calling all fans of Toy Story and caramel apples! Alien Caramel Apples have returned to Disneyland Resort. Currently they’ve landed at Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure! “Ooooooh!!”
We are having a great time discovering all the Halloween decor and treats that are popping up in the parks at Walt Disney World – and just in time for the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party starting this Friday, August 17th!
Right away we were greeted by the Citizens of Main Street USA who were more than happy to share our sweet treats with us. Looks like the Mummy Cake Pop really spooked one of the citizens! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The menus are out for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival! Find out EVERYTHING you need to know about the festival on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival pages! PLUS – check out our PREVIEW of all the new eats and more at the Festival!
Pixar Fest is ON at Disneyland Resort! This fun festival runs through September 3! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have a PREVIEW of the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Check out all the NEW Halloween merchandise at Disney World!
- We have an update on the new TRON attraction at the Magic Kingdom.
- The August Burger of the Month is now available at The Edison.
- We checked out what’s NEW at Disney Springs this week!
- We have a sneak preview of the finisher medals for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon races.
- Disney resort Refillable Mugs are getting a Halloween makeover!
- We reviewed Victoria & Albert’s and shared if it’s still worth the money!
- Check out all the NEW Halloween food-themed merchandise coming to the Disney Parks.
- Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel is closing for refurbishment!
- We shared some Disney back-to-school styles you’ll want to check out!
- The Great Irish Hooley is returning to Raglan Road on Labor Day Weekend!
- Dole Whip Eclairs are on the menu at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs!
- We shared some tips on how to predict when Disney discounts will be announced.
- Epcot’s Frozen Ever After Dessert Party now available for booking into December!
- Check out the new Bubble Waffles from AristoCrepes in Disney Springs.
- We shared some money-saving tips from the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining.
- Check out Hot Dog of the Month from Casey’s Corner in the Magic Kingdom!
- The Edison is hosting a Gatsby Evening during Labor Day Weekend!
- Check out the new food truck rolling into Disney Springs this month.
- We checked out what’s NEW at Epcot this week!
- We have a sneak preview of Halloween Time at Disneyland.
- There’s a new Mobile Order secret menu item at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in the Magic Kingdom.
- We found another new milkshake – this time at the All Star Movies Resort.
- There are some new cocktails on the menu at House of Blues in Disney Springs.
- Terralina Crafted Italian is hosting a special event with Chef Tony Mantuano.
- Check out all the NEW merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Best Pumpkin and Halloween Eats at Disney World, 7 Perfect Food Days at Disney World, Food Tour of Disney Springs – The Landing, Part 1, and Things YOU’LL Never Do Again at Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Things YOU’LL Never Do Again at Disney World
It’s Fall — or it nearly is, anyway. And I don’t know about you, but when the days start to shorten and the air gets a little more crisp, I am all about APPLES. (You thought I was going to say pumpkin, didn’t you.)
The great thing about Apple Snacks and Treats is that they can actually be good for you. Well, better for you, anyway! 😉
Today, I thought I’d feature one of my very favorite Disney Food Blog Crawls, just in time for Fall — the Apple-a-Day Crawl at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And the cool thing about this one is, despite its name, you can easily complete it in the space of one day!
And if you love the sounds of a food-based scavenger hunt featuring all of your favorite Disney Snacks, be sure to check out our latest updated e-book, the DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks 2015 for more creative eats!
Apple Turnover or Apple Danish at Starring Rolls
Start your apple-filled day at Starring Rolls Cafe.
This little bakery is the home of many of our favorite cupcakes. But they also feature lots of pastries for both breakfast and afternoon snacking.
At Starring Rolls, you can take advantage of the pastry spread and enjoy an Apple Turnover for breakfast. Yep; it’s a little decadent. But isn’t that what vacations are for?
It’s always so fun to check out the great photos that our members post on the Disney Food Blog Photo Extravaganza, our Flickr group. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out, head over there! We’ll take a virtual eating trip to Disney over work any day of the week. 🙂
And today, we are all about just a few of the outrageous Caramel Apple options that you have all over the Disney Universe!
Let’s check out some of the most awesome examples of Caramel Apples that you can find all over Disney for this latest look at our Disney Food Pics of the Week Series!
Olaf Caramel Apples
Photographer: Joel Caceres
Whether or not you want to build a snowman, no doubt you’ll enjoy sinking your teeth into a monster-size Olaf Caramel Apple, one of the many Frozen foods we’ve seen this past year in the parks. His little Carrot Nose might just be my favorite part.
Classic Minnie Mouse Caramel Apples
Photographer: Kirsten Marie Hutton
But you also can’t go wrong with a classic, like the Minnie Mouse Caramel Apple. There is just something captivating about rows and rows of these beautiful and perfect Minnies! Underneath that layer of Rich Chocolate, you’ll find [Read more…]
We’re going for an absolutely classic confection today, so get your sweet tooth ready to bite into a Mickey Caramel Apple at Magic Kingdom’s Big Top Treats!
Big Top Treats
Of course, Caramel Apples at Disney World don’t just come dressed up as Mickey… and they aren’t only available at Big Top Treats, either. Magic Kingdom’s apple spots also include the Main Street Confectionery. And you can find them at other sweet stops like Sweet Spells at Hollywood Studios or Goofy’s Candy Co. in Downtown Disney.
But nothin’ says “Caramel Apple” quite like living life under the Big Top, so that’s where we’re grabbing our apple today! While you just gotta love the classic Mickey Apple, part of the fun of getting any Caramel Apple at Disney World is seeing all the choices up for grabs. Options available vary based on the time of year or nearest holiday. Most recently, Mickey Apples could be found participating in the Wearing o’ the Green for St. Patrick’s Day.
The Halloween Caramel Apples are particularly noteworthy every year.
Apples may also be tied to a current Disney film release, or even a previous one. Take, for example, the recent Cinderella Coach Apple celebrating the live-action film release.
Another case in point: the ongoing existence of the Olaf Candy Apple for those who just can’t… ahem… let. it. go.
So, selecting one is pretty rad. What’s the other fun part? Watching the apples come to “fruition” (see what I did there?) before your eyes. You can almost always find Cast Members creating them, and see the apples in their various stages. They all start as green Granny Smiths.
After receiving their marshmallow ears and being dipped in caramel and chocolate, the Mickey Apples await [Read more…]
In keeping with their Gourmet Apple Series, the candy makers at the resort have dreamed up a brand new, ice cream-inspired confection — the Banana Split Gourmet Caramel Apple!
But how do you get a caramel apple to taste like banana split? Disney magic, of course! 😉
Seriously, though — the Mammoth Apples are first dipped in Caramel. After that, they’re coated with [Read more…]
I’ve been a HUGE fan of the Walt Disney World caramel apples for many years.
My obsession grew to a new level when, on a recent trip to Disneyland, I saw that the West coast Disney snack artists have turned this formerly simple treat into a true art form.
Not only are the Disney caramel apples delicious, they are also beautiful, creative, and just plain fun.
But all of that begs a practical question. How do they get so many sticks into so many apples? I mean seriously, have you ever tried to shove a pop stick into an apple?
It’s hard, and messy, and after doing three or four of them, you’re ready to stop and just pour the caramel through a funnel into your mouth, bypassing the apple altogether. (Don’t try that at home folks. :-))
Well, as I was perusing the Disneyland treat offerings, I happened upon a caramel apple prep area and, mystery solved, I learned how they get the sticks into the apples. A handy-dandy gadget comes to the rescue… [Read more…]
On my epic eating adventure with Heather in Disneyland a few weeks ago, we decided to sample two caramel apples that caught our eyes.
Heather had noticed the brand new “Spicy Peanut” caramel apple on her ventures through the parks, and I had always wondered what that adorable “Hunny Pot” caramel apple (that you can only find at Pooh Corner in Critter Country) was like on the inside.
Sadly, we found out the hard way that [Read more…]