Raglan Road Irish Pub has been a staple in Disney Springs since it opened in 2005, and from day one, Master Chef Kevin Dundon has been wowing guests with his eclectic Irish menu. So it’s definitely a sad day in Disney food news as we report that the Chef has left the building.
Disney Vacation Club members and their friends have a whole new experience to look forward to now through October, as Disney kicked off a brand new DVC Beverage Tasting Series Thursday, July 27.
So, we’re pretty much running around like crazy people with all of the killer snacks and souvenir stuff coming out of Disney World and Disneyland lately.
There were near riots over the Beauty and the Beast Rose Tumbler a few months back. And we’re loving the Pirates Skull Mug — with Dole Whip of course.
But that’s not all. There are also some outrageously fantastic themed foods, like doughnuts that give you super powers in Disneyland. (That’s right, right? Like I didn’t miss something there, I’m pretty sure.)
Wow! It is amazing to think of all the new stuff happening in the world of Disney Food right now!
With new signature dining options at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, plus more excitement to come when Rivers of Light debuts, we’re on high alert. And Pandora, The World of Avatar is just around the corner…
And there has been a dizzying amount of activity at Disney Springs, with so many new openings. And with the relaunch of Planet Hollywood Observatory and Paddlefish, plus The Edison coming soon, there’s more to come.
So there’s never been a better — or more important — time for dedicated Disney Food Fans to be clued in to the very best source for all of your Disney Food News.
And that’s why you should join the DFB Newsletter today!
But I’m a daily DFB Reader!! What could I possibly be missing in the DFB Newsletter?
Lots! It’s simple: there’s SO much happening at Disney. And sometimes, especially when it comes to breaking news like Free Dining Offers or Brand New Restaurants or Special Events, it’s important to get the news as soon as possible. And that’s where the DFB Newsletter comes in. [Read more…]
Summer is here, and there is SO much coming into the world of Disney Food!
Can you believe all that’s happening at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? We are so excited about all of the new counter service eats and snacks that seem to be popping up daily! Tiffins Restaurant and Nomad Lounge, Animal Kingdom’s first foray into signature dining, will open soon. And with the beginning of Rivers of Light (and the rumor of Dinner Packages), we know that there’s plenty of new stuff to come in the next couple of months.
It’s a lot to keep straight!! So aren’t you glad we’re here to bring you all the Disney Food News First?
But AJ — I read Disney Food Blog daily. Do I really need to subscribe, too?
For sure! Here’s why: there’s SO much happening at Disney. And sometimes, especially when it comes to breaking news like Free Dining Offers or Brand New Restaurants or Special Events, it’s important to get the news as soon as possible. And that’s where the DFB Newsletter comes in. [Read more…]
We have big news from Epcot today!
The 2016 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Menus are Finally Here!
With less than two weeks to go before the opening of the 2016 Flower and Garden Festival, we have the full list of menus for the super popular Outdoor Kitchens! Mark your calendars — the Festival lasts from March 2 through May 30.
These Outdoor Kitchens, which are similar to Marketplace Booths that dominate the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, feature delicious small plates and all kinds of refreshing beverages that allow you to taste fresh flavors from the garden.
There are lots and lots of new things to try. A brand new Outdoor Kitchen will debut in 2016. La Isla Fresca will feature food and drink with Caribbean flair.
And we’re excited to see plenty of our favorites return, like the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños from the Smokehouse Outdoor Kitchen!
Although we said goodbye to Buttercup Cottage, the UK-inspired Outdoor Kitchen, in 2015, we have great news! The Cider House, which features a menu similar to Buttercup, will join the lineup this year! Find this new spot in the UK Pavilion. [Read more…]
Allright, Food & Wine Festival fans… we have some NEWS for you today!
Dates for the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival have been added to the Disney World website! The dates are (drum roll, please)…
September 25 – November 16, 2015!
Once again in 2015, the Festival is running for seven weeks! Unlike last year, however, the additional week is extending the Festival further into the month of November (as opposed to starting one week earlier than usual, as in 2014). As always — note that these dates are subject to change.
An additional week in the cooler fall temps… what’s not to love?!? And this is just the beginning. Keep your eyes on the Disney Food Blog and the DFB Newsletter as we prepare for what WE consider the Most Wonderful Time of the Year: the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival!!
Want to Start Planning Your Food and Wine Festival Trip TODAY?
The DFB Guide to the 2015 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book is now available for pre-order!
This 250+-page guide to the Festival offers insider tips and advice as well as all of the details you need to know to plan your best Festival visit ever.
Your purchase includes several bonus items as well — including a full daily schedule of events at the Festival and a printable World Showcase Booth Menu Checklist to carry with you as you Eat around the World!
Pre-order your 2015 edition today, and download the 2014 guide for FREE — immediately — to get started on planning! We’ll send the 2015 Edition as soon as it’s published mid-Summer!
Use code Chefs at check-out for a $3 discount!
Are you excited for news about this year’s Food & Wine Festival? Please let us know with a comment!
While construction continues at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, we were thrilled this week to share a first look at the refurbished Captain Cook’s. Find out what new entrees we tried!
Click below for all the details on this week’s Disney Food News!
Disney Food News
- Take a photo tour of the newly reopened Captain Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World!
- Plan ahead for New Year’s Eve in Disney World.
- Celebrate the Great Irish Hooley at Disney World’s Raglan Road.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, New Dessert at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (it sounds so good!), and more!
DFB Reader Finds
Red. Velvet. Cake. That’s right! Today, we’re sharing photos of Red Velvet goodies from Disney World.
Facebook Friend Akemi enticed our appetites with this gorgeous photo of Red Velvet Cake at Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney Orlando.
If you’re looking for a counter-service dessert, one of our favorites — the Red Velvet Cupcake from the Contempo Cafe — was shared by Facebook Friend Marion.
What’s your Favorite Find? Send it in!
DFB Guidebooks Back to School Sale!!
Take a look at our Back to School Special — available now through Sunday, August 24th!! For a limited time, you can enjoy $5 off of our DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014 by using code School2014!
And you can scroll down to the end of this section for details on even more savings!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014
Our fully guaranteed, comprehensive e-Book offers more than 450 full-color pages to help you plan your very best Disney World trip ever!
With reviews, tips, expert advice, and hundreds of color photographs, you’ll get the biggest bang for your planning buck! And our handy e-Book format has been completely updated for your 2014-15 Disney World vacation.
Inside the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2014, you’ll find:
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries to help you start the planning process. There are hundreds of dining options in Disney World. These examples, which highlight particular theme parks, touring styles, and dietary needs, will help you get an idea of what a perfect dining day might look like for you and your family.
- A full chapter on discounts to apply to your Disney Dining experiences.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges. Disney Food Blog readers asked for this feature, and we were happy to make it happen! An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, we devote a whole index to the topic. Every single bar and lounge in Disney World is covered — and includes a review!
- Details about how the My Magic+ Planning System and FastPass+ affect your vacation planning.
- Scavenger Hunts, Trivia, and Top 5 List updates to pass the time while you’re waiting in line.
- Disney Food Bingo Cards — a whole new way to play with your Disney food!
- Plus SO much more!
The best part? [Read more…]
We’ve got lots of news to catch up on! Here we go…
Epcot Food and Wine Festival information is starting to trickle in, including a new marketplace booth, celebrity chefs, and new special events.
A Walt Disney World Free Dining offer opened to the general public for select 2014 vacation dates. And Jedi Masters and young padawans are enjoying the new Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine Character Meal at Hollywood and Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Click on the links below for details and more food news from Disney!
Disney Food News
- Check out the news on the new Patagonia Marketplace Booth at Disney World’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival in 2014!
- The 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Eat to the Beat Concerts have been announced!
- Join Jedi Mickey, Princess Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy, Stormtrooper Donald, and Ewok Chip and Dale for the debut of Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine Character Meal at Disney World’s Hollywood and Vine!
- Check out the R2-D2 and Darth Vader lunch bags with special effects… just in time for Star Wars Weekends at Disney World’s Hollywood Studios!
- Check out the After Hours Wind Down Event at Epcot’s Rose & Crown Pub in Walt Disney World. Food samples and beer included!
- Find out about Mac and Cheese, Mine Trains, and more in What’s New Around Disney World!
- Friar’s Nook in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom has introduced Pot Roast Macaroni and Cheese to their menu.
- Take a look at the Blue Raspberry Slush found at Pinocchio Village Haus in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom!
- Raglan Road Irish Pub in Walt Disney World has just been given top honors by Orlando Magazine. Read all about it here!
- Free Appetizer or Dessert at Emeril’s in Orlando!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, Cinco de Mayo Tastings at La Cava, and more!
DFB Reader Finds
And DFB Facebook Friend Rebecca cooks up her own version at home. Looks delish!
To get you started in your home kitchens, check out the recipe for White Truffle Butter Sauce!
Thanks for sharing your mouth-watering finds with us!
The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book Deal
We’ve got more snacks! The 2014 Edition of The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book is now available!
It’s time to snag your copy! The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book is one of the many fun and informative Disney Dining e-Books offered by Disney Food Blog! Now we’ve updated our best-selling DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book for 2014 with even more great information, photos, and…yep!…snacks!
We’ve made this guide instantly downloadable. It’s a PDF guide with photos, information, and advice on well over 150 delicious snacks (over 50 more than in our previous edition!) that you can savor in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. This guide is guaranteed to help you find the best snacks and treats for your family while visiting the Magic Kingdom, or your money back — we all know that treats at the Magic Kingdom are just as nostalgic as our first flight on Dumbo! With a 100% money-back guarantee, you have nothing to lose!
The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book includes:
- Full-color photos of over 150 of our favorite snacks
- Current prices and Disney Dining Plan snack credit status
- Snack locations
- “Hidden treats” and add-ons that aren’t published on menus or that aren’t widely known
- Disney Food Blog reviews of all snacks
- Tips and tricks from experienced snack eaters
- Special Bonus items you’re going to love! (Of course…how could we not include these?)
Know what you’re getting BEFORE using a precious snack credit or spending limited vacation dollars. Whether you want sweet, salty, crunchy, healthy, or something in between, The DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book tells you where to find a snack to match your craving!
To thank you for your support of the blog, we’ll be offering the Guide for $2 off its already discounted purchase price for a limited time! Order your copy now for only $8.95 (regularly $10.95). The price will go up this week, so grab your copy now! To secure the discount, use code MAGIC14 at the check-out.
For more detailed information and screen shots from the e-Book, head over to DFBGuide.com! With a 100% money-back guarantee, you have nothing to lose!
Thanks for your support of the DFB!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix showcases an R2D2 Measuring Cup Set. Let R2D2 back you up in your kitchen; he’s a useful utility droid!
PassPorter Moms Podcast features Disney food news! Brought to you by AJ!
Eating (and Drinking) Around the World highlights this summer’s Taste of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.
AllEars enjoys A Perfect Petals Brunch at Epcot. Vera Bradley fans will want to check out the new Disney-themed bags!
The Atomic Grog discusses Trader Sam’s coming to Walt Disney World’s Polynesian Village Resort.
The Buffalo News focuses on the restaurants in Epcot’s France pavilion. Includes interview with Chef Jerome Bocuse!
Lots of big news this week, but the two biggest items included two new dining options coming to Disney World…and one being taken away!
For those of you who are Star Wars fans, we know you’ve been dreaming about dining in a Star Wars themed restaurant for years! Well, we don’t have the cantina for you…yet…but you CAN dine with your favorite Star Wars characters! Read about it here!
And Kouzzina fans need to get back to that restaurant ASAP, as it will be closing on September 30th to make way for a different dining experience.
Click on the links below for more food news from Disney!
Disney Food News
- Our favorite Disney World dessert — ‘Ohana bread pudding — is now available at Tambu Lounge in Disney World’s Polynesian Resort!
- Check out the photos from Epcot’s First Sparkling IllumiNations Dessert Party.
- Disney World’s Kouzzina by Cat Cora will be closing September 30, 2014.
- We have news of a fun new event for Vera Bradley fans — the Perfect Petals Brunch at Epcot.
- For a limited time during 2014 Star Wars Weekends at Disney World’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars themed meals will be offered at Hollywood & Vine for dinner and Sci-Fi Dine In for breakfast.
- We tried Corn Nuggets dusted with powdered sugar at Golden Oak Outpost in Disney’s Magic Kingdom!
- Aquarium at T-Rex Cafe in Disney World’s Downtown Disney bursts open.
- We checked out everything new all over Disney World, including Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, updates, and more!
DFB Reader Finds
Our readers continue to amaze us with their food photos. Jennifer tweeted “Thanks so much for your blog & tips to make my vacation better. The boozy dole whip helped too!” Great shot of spiked Dole Whip!!
We can’t wait to see what our readers share with us next!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book Deal
The fully updated DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 450 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subjects — food and dining in Walt Disney World.
It’s guaranteed to help you navigate your way to delicious dining on your next trip! And if you’re ready to get yours now, head on over to DFBGuide.com to pick it up!!
For our Grand Launch Sale, use code: 2014 to get a $4 discount for a limited time! And at the end of this post, we have details on even more savings!
Here Are Just Some Of What You Get With Our 2014 Guide:
- Over 450 Pages of Disney Dining and Planning information, tips, reviews, and recommendations!
- An in-depth Disney Dining Restaurant Reviews section, covering all Disney restaurants, food kiosks, bars, and lounges
- An updated Disney Dining Plan section and price analysis for 2014
- NEW Disney food and restaurant photos
- An updated Disney Snacks chapter, including our list of dozens of must-try snacks AND our Top 11 Must-Have Snacks for 2014.
- An updated section on birthday parties and specialty cakes in Disney World
- A comprehensive, 10-page chapter of What’s New in Disney World in 2014, including new restaurants, menu updates, and more
- Details about how the My Magic+ Planning System and FastPass+ will affect your vacation planning
- Our picks for the 11 Great Snacks you must try this year
- Scavenger Hunts, Trivia, and Top 5 List updates
- Bingo Cards
- Updates on all pertinent facts such as dining hours, prices, resources, phone numbers, and restaurant closures/openings
- All new restaurant additions, closures, refurbishments, and added dining experiences
- And much more!
But, of course we’re offering a discount for our Grand Launch week!! Again, to celebrate the launch and to thank you for your support of the blog, we’ll be offering the Guide for $4 off its standard rate for a limited time! Order your copy now at DFBGuide.com and use code: [Read more…]