You’ll soon see more options from Disney in your produce aisle!
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) will strive to make their Disney-branded produce more widely available in your grocery store and in the parks — as well as introduce more varieties.
Furthering their commitment to helping families eat healthier, shoppers will find Foodles by Crunch Pak (packs in the shape of Mickey Mouse, with apples, grapes, cheese, pretzels and other products) and produce from Dayka Hackett and Chelan Fresh, according to a Disney news release.
To locate these items, look for the Disney Magic of Healthy Living logo, a new Disney leaf icon logo and the nutritional information on the front of each package. The Crunch Pak Apple Slices, for example, include 14 oz. of sweet red apples. Put these in your kids lunch boxes or serve as an after-school snack!
John King, director for DCP proudly stated that with more than one billion servings of fruits and vegetables purchased, Disney is clearly helping families make healthier food choices. In North America, Disney has reduced their special treat food products to 15%; the other 85% of Disney-branded food is devoted to “everyday” foods.
Most of you have seen the Magic of Healthy Living public service ads on the Disney Channel that feature First Lady Michelle Obama and young Disney stars as part of this initiative! Here’s a little more info…