The 2018 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World is just days away, and with the races comes commemorative race merchandise to remember those magical miles! Read on to see what you can expect to find at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo this weekend.
DEVELOPING STORY. RETURN FOR MORE UPDATES THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
Today and yesterday, we have been following a developing story across Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort. The topic? Price hikes to Disney food and beverage items around both properties.
For example, Refreshment Port‘s food and beverage offerings now show pricing up to $1.00 more than it was at the beginning of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival on nearly every single item.
Great news! We reported last week that the Epcot Family Play Zone had been shut down and dismantled. But, since it was still on the Times Guide, we promised we’d be watching to see if they reconstructed the kids’ play area later in the festival.
Sure enough, it’s back! Though some of the equipment has been changed out, and the sign is different with this incarnation.
We’re not sure why the temporary closure happened or why changes were made, but it’s great to have the play area back for families at the festival!
You know your friends at the DFB recommend making Advance Dining Reservations before you depart for your fabulous Walt Disney World vacation — 180 days ahead of time, if you want to be sure to snag your must-have table service reservations.
But what if you’re planning to spend time at Epcot during the International Food and Wine Festival? Do you need ADRs if you’ll be noshing around the World Showcase?
Here we share some thoughts on whether or not you need Advance Dining Reservations during the Festival!
Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival begins NEXT WEEK, and it continues until November 12, 2018. That’s 75 days of food, wine, demonstrations, celebrity chefs, special events, seminars, etc., etc.
Yeah, it’s a lot. And whether you’re a Food and Wine pro or a newbie, navigating this massive (and massively popular!) Festival can be a little overwhelming. That’s where your old pals at the DFB come in! We’ve accumulated a lot of experience in our LOOONG relationship with Food and Wine — and we’ve assembled all of that experience in one place: the DFB Guide to the 2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival!
Here are some of the most popular FAQs from DFB readers and Food and Wine visitors — with answers direct from the DFB Guide!
It’s almost here! The August 30th start date for Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival is getting closer! And guess what we found in Epcot today…….
Yep — the Epcot Food and Wine Festival food booths are HERE!
While we don’t have a full list of booths or menus yet, we can tell many favorites including Hops and Barley in American Adventure Pavilion, Canada, Ireland, Mexico, France, Thailand, Hawaii, and more are returning.
Keep your eye on Disney Food Blog 2018 Food and Wine Festival Menus Page! As soon as the menus are released we will post them there for you.
Also, don’t forget to…
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox including Food and Wine News! Click here to Subscribe!
Now let’s take a little look at these food booths shall we? It’s like we’re seeing old friends again after a long absence…
Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival will be starting before you know it (August 30 to November 12, to be exact!), and with 75 (!!!) days of incredible food booths, demonstrations, music, and special events on tap, you’re going to want to start your planning ASAP!
Luckily for you, the DFB has been playing the Food and Wine game for decades, and we’ve gathered everything you need to know into one handy source: the 2018 DFB Guide to Epcot Food and Wine. We’ve packed this 250+ page eBook with details and tips galore! It’ll be your go-to resource during the festival.
We are so excited to share BIG news with you today! We have more information about the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which takes place August 30-November 12, 2018!
Today, the full Eat to the Beat Concert line-up is here!!! There are lots of exciting returning acts. We’re marking our calendar to catch Hanson, Sugar Ray, and Tiffany in person. But we always look forward to learning about new acts as well! This year, Sheila E, 98 Degrees, Glass Tiger, and more bring new life to the party!
2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Eat to the Beat Concert Line-Up
A lot of of favorite acts from year’s past are returning to this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival, but there are few new acts joining the lineup!
It’s SO CLOSE now, my friends…
The 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival begins September 14th!
That means the Ultimate VIP Tour Experience for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival is bookable now! Similar to the 2015 Package, Walt Disney World passholders, DVC Members, and Chase Disney Visa Cardholders can book the Ultimate VIP Tour Experience for a 15% discount!
As in years past, the Ultimate VIP Tour Experience for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival offers a combination of VIP experiences, special events, and terrific opportunities to learn from Disney Chefs and other Festival notables.
Your special Food and Wine Festival experience lasts ALL DAY LONG, and includes all of the following:
- Your day begins with the Wonders Retreat at the Festival Center, where you’ll enjoy a celebrity chef hosted brunch from the best seats in the house.
- After a break and a brief time to shop, you’ll return to the VIP Lounge for a hosted beverage demonstration featuring acclaimed wines, spirits and craft beers from around the world.
- Next, you’ll venture to the Norway Pavilion to set sail on the newest attraction in the World Showcase—Frozen Ever After.
- Then, it’s time to explore the Global Marketplaces! Disney Chefs will greet you and introduce you to the endless selection of bites and beverages while you taste 3 of the Festival’s most popular pairings.
- Your next stop will be at the newly reimagined attraction, Soarin’ Around the World.
- Afterwards, a certified Cicerone will lead you through a sampling of the Festival’s signature craft beers. Another delectable chef’s pairing will follow.
- Post pairing, you’ll head to the America Garden Theatre to savor a glass of champagne and then rock out to the Eat to the Beat Concert Series from your priority seats.
- When the concert comes to a close, you’ll have time to explore the Festival on your own.
- If you choose to stay through the end of the day, you can watch IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth from a reserved location.
- The 7-hour experience begins at 9:00 AM on the following Fridays: September 16, 23, 30; October 7, 14, 21, 28; and November 4, 11, 2016.
- The cost of The Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival experience is $399 per Guest, plus tax.
- A 15% discount is available for Disney Vacation Club Members, Annual Passholders, and Disney Chase Visa Cardmembers.
- See artists performing during the Eat to the Beat Concert Series.
- View celebrity chefs who will be presenting at the What’s Cookin’ With… brunch during the Wonders Retreat. (See our list of who will be appearing each week on our Food and Wine Festival Special Events Page)
- Theme park admission is required and is not included with the cost of the VIP Tour.
For reservations, please call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687.
Please note that terms and inclusions in the package are, of course, subject to change.