Hello out there!
Welp — it’s official. The Boathouse did indeed open its doors last week!
The new restaurant is beautiful…and huge. We brought you a first look and our impressions of both the decor and the food recently.
While The Boathouse continues to refine service and work out all the details, Advance Dining Reservations are not available during this soft opening. It’s purely walk-up for the time being.
We have plenty more details about Disney’s newest restaurant below. So let’s take a look at this and the rest of the news we reported on this week. For more details on the above news and more, just click on the links below!
Disney Food News
- La Cava del Tequila fans can try a brand new version of the popular Pomegranate Margarita during their next visit.
- Speaking of tequila, Dockside Margaritas opened this week at Disney World’s Downtown Disney, serving mixed drinks inspired by the flavors of the Sunshine State.
- Olaf’s Perfect Sundae Day has debuted at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop. Looks like Summer is on its way!
- Some brand new Sweet Treats and Drinks are set to appear at Disneyland in honor of the Park’s 60th Anniversary.
- We have an update to the Epcot Starbucks “You Are Here” Mug story at Walt Disney World — a new version is now available.
- Disney has begun rolling out Allergy-Friendly menus at more than 100 of its restaurants at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. See an example here!
- We have our very first tour and review of The Boathouse, Disney’s newest restaurant, which just opened at Downtown Disney (soon to be Disney Springs).
- The pool at Disney World’s Polynesian Village Resort has reopened after a lengthy refurbishment, and the Barefoot Pool Bar has reopened right along with it!
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
Deal of the Week: 2015-2016 Disney World Vacation Must-Have E-Book Sale!
OK — so you have a Walt Disney World Trip on the books for this year — Woohoo!! There’s nothing more exciting than counting down the days to your next Walt Disney World Trip!
But, even the most spontaneous Disney fan knows that planning ahead is the key to a stress-less vacay. And that mantra is absolutely true when it comes to dining.
If you really want to dine in the hottest restaurants, you pretty much have to plan ahead. Be spontaneous, of course. But get a couple Advance Dining Reservations in place.
But which ones?
That’s where Disney Food Blog comes in! You already enjoy our reviews, news, and tips daily on our Blog. But did you know — that’s JUST the tip of the iceberg. Because we have lots more to share with you in our complete line of DFB Guides.
If you’re ready for a fun, easy way to personalize eating and drinking your way through Disney, then check out the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book.
Fully updated for your 2015-2016 adventures, the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 490 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subject — Eating Your Way Through Disney! So you save time and money as you enjoy planning one of the most important parts of your trip.
And to thank all of you for your support of DFB, we are offering extra savings on our most popular DFB Guide right now. Just enter promo code 2015 at checkout and you’ll save $4 off of our cover price of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book!
But if you’d like to enjoy even more detail, check out another great offer.
DFB Everything Bundle SALE!
If you’d like even more great information, pictures, and tips, then the DFB Everything Bundle is the right fit for you.
And to get you ready for that next big trip, we are offering the DFB Everything Bundle for $15 off the already low price! It’s like getting an entire book for free. Just enter promo code Everything15 at checkout to take advantage of this offer.