Hey all!! Happy last-round-up-of-2012!! Tomorrow we’ll have an awesome collection of our Top 10 Disney Food News Stories from 2012 — AND we’ll be sending out out Disney Food Blog Newsletter! Click here to sign up!
Also, don’t forget that Disney’s newest promo — Limited Time Magic — will be starting in just a couple of days! Keep your eyes open for limited time events and special options while you’re in Disney World and Disneyland this year! Food-wise, look for specialty menus, limited edition eats, and more!
But since we’re still in 2012, let’s take a peek at the latest Disney Food News…
Disney Dining News
Scoop up some Disney Dining news over on our Disney Food News Pin Board!!
- Gasparilla Grill & Games at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort will be re-opening soon as Gasparilla Island Grill.
- An on-line ordering feature is being tested for Be Our Guest Restaurant’s lunch guests.
- Walt Disney World has been named the “Best Gluten Free Vacation Destination” in the 3rd Annual Gluten Free Awards!
- Starbucks in the Magic Kingdom is reportedly opening on May 18th after a lengthy refurbishment of the Main Street Bakery! Note that Disney refurbs often open late, so stay tuned for updated opening dates.
- Disneyland pays tribute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue!
- More News Year’s Eve options at Walt Disney World Announced!
- Temporary bar kiosks will be set up in World Showcase for New Year’s Eve!
- Menu changes have taken place at Carthay Circle restaurant in Disney California Adventure.
We’ve got additional food news, including restaurant closures, and LOTS more, on our Disney Food News Pin Board! Head over and check it out!
DFB Reader Finds
If you find a fun new food in or from Disney, share a photo with us so we can add it to our DFB Reader Finds each Sunday!
Erin, our Disney Food for Families columnist, discovered fresh snickerdoodles, cider, and candy canes in the lobby of the Wilderness Lobby during her holiday vacation. We heard that the Polynesian was offering similar goodies to those lucky enough to be in WDW during the holidays!
Our editor, Kim LaPaglia, spotted this new popcorn t-shirt ($23.95) featuring the original Disneyland popcorn box at Keystone Clothiers in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
MEGA SALE on our DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays e-Book!
Headed to Disney World during the holidays this year or next year? Take advantage of our lowest price ever on our best-selling DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World® Holidays 2012 e-Book! This is an awesome time to start planning for next year’s trip!
With 230 pages of detailed information and multiple bonus extras, it WILL save you time and money during the busiest season in Walt Disney World! And whether you’re going this year, or getting a jump on planning for next year, don’t tackle the Disney holidays without it!
Take advantage of this deep savings sale NOW, with a discount for DFB readers. Get the 2012 guide today for our lowest price ever — $4 off the regular purchase price for the next 7 days! How? Use code GINGERBREAD at the check-out!
On to the Round-Up
Walt Disney World for Grown-Ups visits Epcot’s Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for an adults-only princess meal.
Disney Parks Blog shares ideas for celebrating New Year’s Eve at Disney Quest, Bongos Cuban Cafe, Splitsville, Raglan Road, La Nouba, or Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney Orlando.
AND, they win a point in our book for looking at the roastie toasties at Disneyland’s popcorn carts.