The sights and smells of a NEW gingerbread house will be opening at Disneyland’s Grand Californian Hotel on November 27, 2014!
A team of 25 artists, engineers, and bakers are busy creating this edible wonder. Measuring in at 7.5 feet tall and 12 feet wide, the baking process alone takes 1,400 hours!
And the recipe is enormous!
- More than 500 pounds of gingerbread
- 60 gallons of frosting and icing
- 100 pounds of isomalt sugar
- 50 pounds of granulated sugar
- 50 pounds of powdered sugar
- 2 gallons of egg whites
- 1 quart of lemon juice
If the seasonal aromas make you hungry, you’ll want to purchase your own [Read more…]