Guests who sign up for BluesBusters will get insider access to all kinds of great stuff: discounts on merchandise, entertainment, and food via monthly perks and deals and sneak peeks at House of Blues events! This month’s perk is 40% off — get a $50 value for $30!
It’s no small thing turning the calendar from one year to the next, and with 2019 arriving at warp speed, we got to thinking about all the awesome eats from 2018 that we’d want to munch on as we ring in the new year.
Here are our picks for Five Awesome Eats You’ve Gotta Get in 2019 in Disney World!
Storybook Dining — Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge
Nothing says Walt Disney World quite as much as dining with fairy tale characters, and the brand new Storybook Dining experience in Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort is one such dreamy meal.
If you’re an Annual Passholder, you’ll want to put on your favorite holiday sweater and head to Disney Springs on Saturday, December 8 for the Holiday Sweater Passholder Get Together.
Much of the December Super Saturday event takes place inside the newly reimagined World of Disney. Passholders can enjoy entertainment by holiday carolers, and PhotoPass photographers will be on hand to take photos of all the fun holiday sweaters!
Most deals will be available from 9-10AM, but some will be offered throughout the day. Let’s check out what kind of deals and treats you’ll find! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The menus are out for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival! Find out EVERYTHING you need to know about the festival on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival pages! PLUS – check out our PREVIEW of all the new eats and more at the Festival!
Pixar Fest is ON at Disneyland Resort! This fun festival runs through September 3! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have a PREVIEW of the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Check out all the NEW Halloween merchandise at Disney World!
- We have an update on the new TRON attraction at the Magic Kingdom.
- The August Burger of the Month is now available at The Edison.
- We checked out what’s NEW at Disney Springs this week!
- We have a sneak preview of the finisher medals for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon races.
- Disney resort Refillable Mugs are getting a Halloween makeover!
- We reviewed Victoria & Albert’s and shared if it’s still worth the money!
- Check out all the NEW Halloween food-themed merchandise coming to the Disney Parks.
- Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel is closing for refurbishment!
- We shared some Disney back-to-school styles you’ll want to check out!
- The Great Irish Hooley is returning to Raglan Road on Labor Day Weekend!
- Dole Whip Eclairs are on the menu at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs!
- We shared some tips on how to predict when Disney discounts will be announced.
- Epcot’s Frozen Ever After Dessert Party now available for booking into December!
- Check out the new Bubble Waffles from AristoCrepes in Disney Springs.
- We shared some money-saving tips from the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining.
- Check out Hot Dog of the Month from Casey’s Corner in the Magic Kingdom!
- The Edison is hosting a Gatsby Evening during Labor Day Weekend!
- Check out the new food truck rolling into Disney Springs this month.
- We checked out what’s NEW at Epcot this week!
- We have a sneak preview of Halloween Time at Disneyland.
- There’s a new Mobile Order secret menu item at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in the Magic Kingdom.
- We found another new milkshake – this time at the All Star Movies Resort.
- There are some new cocktails on the menu at House of Blues in Disney Springs.
- Terralina Crafted Italian is hosting a special event with Chef Tony Mantuano.
- Check out all the NEW merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Best Pumpkin and Halloween Eats at Disney World, 7 Perfect Food Days at Disney World, Food Tour of Disney Springs – The Landing, Part 1, and Things YOU’LL Never Do Again at Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Things YOU’LL Never Do Again at Disney World
Seriously: this dessert is worth the trip to the West Side! And now thanks to the House of Blues Instagram, we have yet another reason to dance on over: brand new cocktails!
One of the most exciting things about visiting Walt Disney World Resort is that there is always something new to experience — even if you’ve been hundreds of times. Here we’ve gathered 36 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do at Walt Disney World — so let’s all go try something new!
1. Experience the Magic Kingdom Flag Retreat
This moving Magic Kingdom experience requires no Fastpass+ — just a desire to participate in a formal flag lowering ceremony held at the Magic Kingdom flagpole in front of the Walt Disney Railroad Station. The ceremony includes fanfare by trumpets, the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance, and the singing of God Bless America and the Star Spangled Banner accompanied by the philharmonic.
After the lowering and folding of the flag, a guest veteran is handed the flag and a short procession up Main Street, U.S.A., is accompanied by a medley of U.S. military songs. This event takes place daily, so check with Guest Services or the Times Guide to find out when to watch!
2. Drink up — for free!
Starting May 1st, you can explore the new BOURBON TRAIL in Disney Springs!
Through June 17th, guests ages 21 and up can take a crawl of sorts, with destinations along the way offering bourbon-inspired drinks paired with various dishes.
No matter which restaurants you select (and there will be several to choose from!), your first stop will be the Disney Springs Welcome Center to grab a Bourbon Trail Passport listing all the destinations, drinks, and dishes. (Or you can find the information at any of the participating restaurants.) [Read more…]
So…a poutine cloud apparently burst over Orlando and now you can get varieties of this relatively obscure French Canadian pub grub delicacy pretty much everywhere in Disney World. There’s even a dining spot completely dedicated to poutine.
The dish traditionally consists of French fries covered in cheese curds and brown gravy, and Canadians will cheerfully tell you that NONE of the dishes below qualify. Yet they’re called Poutine on the menu, and since we love french fries with stuff piled on top of them, we’re happy to tally them up for you!
Oh, and here’s some real Canadian poutine for reference.
So here’s the Disney World Poutine Crawl!
Cheddar Cheese Poutine — Refreshment Port, Epcot
Hey, guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and I hope you’ve got your sweet tooth ready… because we’re sharing Disney desserts you’ve just GOT to try!
Today is ALL about the sweet stuff in Disney World… and we’re sharing the whole scoop, from what to get and where to get it! Of course, we’re got some longtime classics, like the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern. But the sweet fun never stops, so there are tons of new items for you to try, too! There’s no shortage of desserts to add to your must-try list, so check out our video to find our favorites in all four Disney World parks, Disney Springs, and some that you may find in your favorite Resort. Then let us know what you would add to the list! [Read more…]
Disney Springs is chock full of new stuff this week — including new eats, new gear, and new construction updates! Let’s see what’s shakin’!