For many, Walt Disney World dining is a central part of the vacation experience, and you know we’re right there with you! And over many, many (did we mention many?) table service meals, we’ve scoped out some of the finest real estate in Disney World restaurants. These are seats that give you a little somethin’ somethin’ — like a view of something spectacular or proximity to the little details. Fireworks view, anyone?
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
Halloween Time is happening right NOW at Disneyland and we have details on ALL THE FOOD!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Dates announced for the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts!
- The Family Playground at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival reopened!
- We have the dates for the 2019 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- We checked out what’s NEW at the Monorail Resorts.
- We reviewed the Apple Pie a la Mode in Disneyland!
- Check out all the new stuff at the Magic Kingdom this week!
- We reviewed the Musubi at Disneyland’s Bengal Barbecue.
- Breakfast is coming to The Plaza Restaurant – for a limited time.
- Check out the new Mashed Potato Hot Dog coming to the Magic Kingdom.
- A new Kona Beer Flight is available at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- We’re talking about the 25 can’t-miss holiday experiences at Disney World!
- Check out the new dance party coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2019!
- We reviewed the Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land.
- We checked out what’s new at Epcot this week.
- New rides, events, and characters coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.
- We have details on a new parade and more coming to the Magic Kingdom next year.
- Disneyland Resort Hotels announce trick-or-treating and more.
- We reviewed the Black Rose Dessert at Halloween Time in Disneyland!
- Check out the allergy-friendly menus available on Mobile Order.
- You can order a coffee with character at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We spotted Disney branded Ziploc bags at Splash Mountain.
- Check out even more NEW stuff at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Poison Apple Glow Cubes were spotted in Disney Springs.
- We have a first look at the new menus for Centertown Market and Banana Cabana Pool Bar.
- Disneyland’s Plaza Inn offering Christmas parade dining packages.
- We have details on what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Epcot’s IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth to be replaced in 2019.
- We reviewed Spice Road Table in Epcot’s Morocco Pavilion.
- Kids eat FREE at Frontera Cocina in Disney Springs!
- We reviewed the Sweet Potato Hand Pie at Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland!
- Check out updated menu at Earth Eats at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on Meatball Mondays at Terralina Crafted Italian in Disney Springs.
- We reviewed the Orange Sugar Churro with Candy Corn Dip in Disneyland.
- Check out the Green Apple Spell Lemonade at Disney California Adventure.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Food Tour – Swan and Dolphin Resorts, 11 Things That Never Would Have Happened at Disney 10 Years Ago, The Best Eats and Must-Dos at Halloween Time, and 15 Quick Service Restaurants That Are Better Than Table Service.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: 15 Disney Fast Food Spots That Are Better Than More Expensive Table Service Restaurants
Cue the waterworks (and not for the usual reason!)! After months of speculation on the interwebs, Disney Parks Blog confirmed today that Epcot’s beloved IllumiNations Fireworks Spectacular is coming to an end!
When Spice Road Table opened its doors in the Morocco Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase way back in 2014, we loved the small plates concept and the stellar location.
Spice Road Table
But while Spice Road Table has a lot going for it, it’s remained a little less of a crowd favorite than, say, Via Napoli or Rose and Crown. This is probably owing to its slightly more unusual cuisine, which includes dishes that highlight the flavors of the Mediterranean.
The thing is, those dishes are actually really promising! Stand-outs from the Small Plates menu include Fried Calamari and Spicy Garlic Shrimp — two seafood dishes that are really stand-outs for their flavor and execution.
And this is one location where vegetarians (or those who like to incorporate non-meat dishes into their diets!) can get some unique eats (read: not salads!). There are no fewer than four vegetable dishes on the small plates menu, which means there are actual decisions to be made and veggies to be shared!
Join me as we journey on the Spice Road!
Dessert Parties have become increasingly popular in Disney World as a way to enjoy a dessert buffet with reserved viewing for a nighttime spectacular in the parks. The Frozen Ever After Dessert Party in Epcot pairs a dessert buffet with reserved viewing for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, and also adds an after-hours ride on the Frozen Ever After attraction.
It is not unusual for the booking window for dessert parties to be less than the 180-day window typically available for booking dining experiences, since the party start time is based on what are often yet-to-be-determined showtimes at that point. But we have received a lot of questions about the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party in particular, since so many guests are excited for the potential to fit it in with their plans for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. [Read more…]
Hey, friends! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re talking about the BEST Walt Disney World restaurants with a FIREWORKS view!
Many Disney World guests don’t feel as though a Disney day is complete without capping it off with one of the famous Disney World fireworks spectaculars! But did you know that you can watch the fireworks in spots other than Magic Kingdom’s Main Street, U.S.A. or surrounding Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon? In fact, several restaurants (some even located outside the parks in select Disney World Resorts) around Disney World offer views of the fireworks, so you can relax and enjoy a meal while taking in one of the shows! We’re sharing those spots with you today — along with some helpful tips for scoring a reservation — in our latest DFB YouTube Video! [Read more…]
These days, if there’s a Nighttime Spectacular at a Disney World park, there’s bound to be a Dessert Party to go with it! These extra-ticket events have become a popular splurge option for guests who want some sweets to go along with the fabulous nighttime shows (not to mention the ease of reserving a prime viewing spot without waiting an hour before the fireworks begin).
Recently I reviewed the Happily Ever After Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom; but the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party kicked off in Epcot in July, so I wanted to get in on that action to relax and unwind after my VERY full day covering the Best of the Fest at the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
‘Cuz that’s how I roll. Check it out with me!
You may recall that for the past few years, guests could reserve the Sparkling IllumiNations Dessert Party, which also featured a dessert buffet and a reserved area for IllumiNations viewing.
But in July, Epcot replaced the Sparkling Party with the current Frozen theme. Now, look: we know some of you are completely Frozen-ed out. We hear you. But your kid may not be just yet. And this new party includes one neat perk. It still features plenty of desserts, and it still offers a great view of the show. But now, an after-hours ride on Frozen Ever After is included once the smoke clears from IllumiNations! [Read more…]
Whether you’ve been to Walt Disney World one time or one hundred times, there’s always something new to do. And right now, there’s a ton! Besides the opening of Pandora, the World’s newest land located at Animal Kingdom, there are seven other fun and functional new experiences you’ve gotta try!
Mobile Ordering has been offered since May 2017, and now it’s expanded to more locations! Mobile Ordering allows guests to use their My Disney Experience app to pre-order and pre-pay for meals at counter service locations.
Mobile Ordering lets participating guests bypass the ordering queue and go directly to the Order Pick-Up window. No more waiting in long lines to order your nuggets, y’all!
Starting July 17th, a brand new Fireworks Dessert Party is coming to Epcot. Replacing the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party (its last date is listed for July 14th) will be the Frozen Ever After Sparkling Dessert Party, themed to — of course — the Frozen film and Frozen Ever After attraction in the Norway Pavilion.
Held on select evenings, the experience will begin at World Showcase Plaza East one hour prior to IllumiNations, where guests will enjoy desserts, drinks, and views of Epcot’s nighttime spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, followed by a ride on the Frozen Ever After attraction. [Read more…]
It’s less than a month before the kick off for the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
All the fun begins on September 25, and runs for more than seven weeks, wrapping up on November 16.
But you know what? It doesn’t have to be.
Some of the most fun and educational events are low in cost, and there are even free demonstrations and exhibits that you can take advantage of.
Today, let’s spend a little time exploring one the most useful — and one of my favorite! — strategies from the DFB Guide to the Food and Wine Festival, 2015 Edition. We’ve fully updated this popular guide with all of the 2015 information to help you make the most of your visit to this year’s festival.
Ready to experience the yum on a budget? Let’s go! [Read more…]