We’re in Epcot checking out what’s new this week! The restaurants are busy adding some seasonal treats as well as fall flavors! Construction is moving forward on a variety of attractions! Let’s take a closer look…
We had a case of wanderlust this week, and instead of getting out the passport and packing, we just hopped over to spend the day in Epcot. Our journey started with some time spent in Future World, followed by a trip around the World Showcase. And boy, did we find a lot new eats and buys for you on this “trip”!
Disney World’s Epcot Future World New Menu Items and Merchandise Updates
Hey Guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today! We’re taking a Food Tour of Epcot’s Germany Pavilion and answering a VERY important question: Nosh or Not?
From Sommerfest to Biergarten to Karamell-Küche, Epcot’s Germany is PACKED with fantastic food finds. I mean, when your options revolve around beer, pretzels, and caramel, what’s not to love? Oh, and did we mention wine and cheese? Germany’s got it all… and SO much more. So check out our latest DFB Video and explore Germany with us. You may learn some treats you didn’t know about before, and find a few more things to add to your very own Nosh List! [Read more…]
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! We hope you’re enjoying a wonderful and relaxing weekend with your family! Now it’s time to sit back with a cuppa tea or java, and check out the latest in Disney food news… .
Don’t forget, the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts in August this year! YAY! You can check out all the details here and pre-order our DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival here (and get the 2016 guide FREE!).
Disney Food News
- We reviewed the snacks available in Pandora – The World of Avatar!
- Speaking of Pandora, you can get breakfast at Satu’li Canteen!
- We checked out The brand new Market at Ale & Compass at Disney’s Yacht Club.
- We reviewed the Smokey Bones (Bourbon-n-Bacon) Chocolate Shake at Trilo-Bites.
- We checked out the limited-time Margarita Cupcake at Sprinkles!
- A Matterhorn Macaroon Donut debuted at Disneyland and we have all the details!
- Check out this sneak peek of the margaritas coming to Choza Margarita in Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion.
- We reviewed the new Chocolate Caramel Swirl at Karamell-Küche.
- We reviewed the Jungle Julep at Bengal Barbecue in Disneyland!
- New DFB YouTube videos have all the details on Pandora – The World of Avatar, an overview of the Disney Dining Plan, and what you should eat at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video!
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got great content going up twice a week showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re talking about the food you MUST EAT at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Check it out below — and subscribe here!
Happy November! Wow October just flew by, didn’t it? And now we’re heading straight into the holiday season at the Disney Parks! Grab some of that leftover Halloween candy and check out the latest Disney food news!
You can still order our DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival for 30% off the cover price! Just use discount code Countdown at check-out to secure your savings!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We launched the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2016 e-book!
- Check out the new caramel treats at Epcot’s Karamell-Küche!
- We posted two new YouTube videos: our recommendations for the best one-credit restaurants and a Dole Whip video!
- We have the menus for Disneyland’s Festival of Holidays booths!
- Check out the latest news from Disney World!
- Have you tried the Frosting Shots from Sprinkles in Disney Springs?
- Baked Potatoes are now available at Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom.
- PizzeRizzo is opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 18!
- More food booths are coming to Epcot’s Holidays Around the World!
HAPPY OCTOBER!!! Milder temps have returned to Walt Disney World where we’re checking out What’s New in all four parks, Disney Springs, and a few of our favorite Resorts. AND it’s still high time for Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, and All Things Autumn.
Sooo… what are YOU going to be for Halloween? [Read more…]
What’s a walk around World Showcase these days without stopping in Germany’s Karamell-Küche?
After all, it’s the one place where every single item is built around the same awesome ingredient: caramel. Werther’s Caramel, to be specific.
In fact, you can even take a moment or two to check out the wall to your left upon entering the Caramel Kitchen (once you’re past the window, that is). It’s a mural depicting the timeline of the company, which had its start in the German village of Werther. It’s quite the history lesson.
Of course, you probably won’t.
Because if you’re anything like me, you’re going to be entirely distracted by all the choices held inside the bakery case (not to mention the buttery fragrance of caramel wafting through the air)!
That bakery case full of caramel goodness is one reason I don’t mind the typically long lines here. It gives me more time to peek over shoulders and heads in front of me to decide what I want. It takes some time! But having sampled just about everything in that case (and some more than a few times — I’m lookin’ at you, Chewy Caramel Shortbread Bar), I decided to go with something I hadn’t tried before.
Or two things, because… well, do you really need a reason why here ;)?
Anyway, one item I hadn’t chosen previously was the Caramel Cluster Milk Chocolate Pecan; which, I’m guessing, should probably be called the Milk Chocolate Pecan Caramel Cluster…but that’s just splitting hairs.
At first glance, you think you have it pretty much figured out: a dollop of hardened milk chocolate over a layer of caramel covering the pecans. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing…
And just so can have one more look at [Read more…]
Happy Fall! Autumnal treats have been appearing all over Disney World for a while now, but with Halloween just days away, we thought we’d give you one last glimpse of the season’s snacks.
But that’s not the only food news ’round these parts… not by a long shot. Take a trip with us around all four Disney World parks to check out What’s New!
October is probably my favorite time for the candy apples that hit the scene, like these at Sweet Spells.
Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner currently features a Caramel Apple Shake as its tribute to fall. The featured shakes here change frequently, so be sure to pop by to see what’s available on your visit!
Joffrey’s Coffee Carts all over Disney World have changed their seasonal offerings to include a Pumpkin Pie Latte and a Pumpkin Pie Frozen Cappuccino.
Do you need another reason to stop by Karamell-Küche in Epcot?
Probably not. But this week, we shared FIVE new tempting menu items from this aromatic spot in the Germany pavilion. Yum!
Of course, we still have Halloween treats materializing around our favorite Disney destinations.
And don’t forget that the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival is going strong. There’s still time to grab an Orange Dole Whip, Mac & Cheese, and more!
We have a few more tidbits of Disney news… Check them out!
Disney Food News
- Five new menu items are now being served at Karamell-Küche in Epcot’s Germany pavilion!
- The BoardWalk Bakery has a new sweet — lemon blueberry cupcake!
- New Snow White Poison Candy Apple and more Halloween treats at Sweet Spells in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Check out this review of the Pumpkin Fritters and Pumpkin Mickey Beignets in Disneyland.
- Disney Food Blog is giving away two sets of Epcot Food and Wine Festival Cookbooks from the 2012 and 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festivals!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including breakfast scrambles at Cozy Cone Motel, and more!