Happy Sunday! We hope you’re having a relaxing day filled with fun, family, and food!
It’s time to officially start looking forward to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival! The full menus for the festival food booths are available right here on DFB!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- The countdown is ON! The dates for the 2016 Epcot Food and Wine Festival have been announced!
- Is a visit to Disneyland’s Club 33 on your Disney food bucket list? It’s #OnTheList this week!
- We have the full list of menus for the 2016 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!
- We celebrated Friday Happy Hour at La Cava del Tequila sipping Blood Orange Margaritas and Beet Margaritas!
- Exciting news! Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is returning in April! We can’t wait!
- The King Cupcake has left the building at Pop Century’s Everything Pop but the King Whoopie Pie is a delicious replacement.
- We recently visited The Wave…Of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. And we think you should too!
Goodbye, King Cupcake… Hello, King Whoopie Pie!
Everything Pop Food Court
Yep, you read that correctly. You’d better believe that when we started hearing rumors that our beloved King Cupcake was no longer available at one of our favorite counter service spots, Everything Pop, we buzzed over to Disney’s Pop Century Resort ASAP to scope out the situation.
Much as it breaks my heart to say it… the rumors are true!
It was love at first bite for me with the King Cupcake. What first struck me as an odd flavor combo of peanut butter, banana, and candied bacon (a twist on Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich ingredients, hence the name) quickly became one of my go-to favorites upon trying it. In fact, it was one of the first items I placed on my Disney Food Bucket List.
Everything Pop has not left us entirely without a tribute to Elvis, though. Allow me to introduce you to the King Cupcake’s official replacement (as it stands for now, anyway): the King Whoopie Pie.
Now, you may recall that we were JUST at Everything Pop, checking out the new selection of Mini Tarts. Well, on my recon mission to find out what happen to the King Cupcake, I saw that they had also added the same Whoopie Pies that recently debuted at the Art of Animation’s Landscape of Flavors. [Read more…]
Did you know, did you know? We love some Disney snacks around here. 🙂
And part of the reason that we love them so much is that we know that you do, too! In fact, I’m 100% confident that I could spend an entire vacation in the ‘World and sustain myself on snacks alone.
And that’s why I dedicate a lot of real estate in the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining to offering you pictures and details about snacks in all four corners of Walt Disney World.
And if that’s not enough for you, I’ve also written guides dedicated to the snacks in each Park as well as special events happening throughout the year — which, believe it or not, usher forth their own seasonally-themed treats. You can discover it all in our DFB Guide Everything Bundle.
But more about that in a minute. Right now, let’s look at one of my favorite lists: Must-Eat Snacks in Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. The list comes to you courtesy of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining. And if you like what you see, check out our DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2018 Second Edition. With more than 650 pages of information, we leave no Disney Food topic uncovered!
But let’s get back to that list. 🙂 Time to check ’em out!