Welcome to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, where you can leave the world of today and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy! And where there’s always something new to check out. That’s where we come in.
There’s just something completely perfect about eating an ice cream sundae on Main Street, U.S.A., in the shadow of Walt Disney World’s Cinderella Castle. The simplicity and innocence of that moment is sort of what Walt’s parks are all about: leaving today and entering the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.
What better way to seize that moment than with an All-American Sundae from the Main Street Plaza Ice Cream Parlor?
It’s time for a fabulous Disney Food Hack! This one’s for all my fellow Ice Cream Sandwich lovers out there — but it’s nothing like the ones you can already snag around the World at spots like Sleepy Hollow and Hollywood Scoops.
Nor is it one of the Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches from L’Artisan des Glaces. OR a Gelato Sandwich from the Gelato Stand in Epcot’s Italy. OR the Double Chocolate ice cream sammie from Tamu Tamu in Animal Kingdom. It doesn’t even involve Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Sandwich (although it is so quintessentially Disney). [Read more…]
Happy weekend! We hope you’re having a great one. Can you believe it’s almost the end of February? You just gotta love a super short month! (Or maybe not…cause AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!) But you know what the beginning of March means? It means it is time for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!
And then we head out to the 2017 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival. We have the full booth menus for the DCA Food and Wine Festival! And don’t forget, the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts in August this year! Whew! We’re going to be a very busy bunch here at DFB!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the full booth menus for the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival!
- We reviewed the Ice Cream Float at The Main Street Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out this first look at some of the new food and drinks at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- Have you enjoyed breakfast at The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor?
- The Bon Voyage character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno starts April 2.
- Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club is closing in May for a refurbishment.
- California Grill at the Contemporary is the setting for the new Celebration at the Top – Savor, Sip, and Sparkle.
- We have the details on the limited-engagement Red Rose Taverne at Disneyland.
- Caribbean Beach Resort’s restaurants closing this spring for refurbishment and construction project.
- The latest DFB YouTube videos are a review of the new Geyser Point Bar and Grill at Wilderness Lodge and our recommendations for what to eat and drink at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival!
Earlier this month, Magic Kingdom moved its park opening show to Cinderella Castle…which means MK guests get to wander around Main Street before the park officially opens!
Along with this change, breakfast options have been increased on Main Street, including new menu items at Casey’s Corner, theMain Street Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and more! We’ll have full reviews of all of these items later this week, but here’s an overview for now!
WHAT?!??! I know. That’s what you’re saying right now.
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
“WHAT?! DISNEY HAS A DONUT SUNDAE AND I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT IT?!” How do I know you’re saying that? Because that’s exactly what I was saying when Tina (<– amazing DFB photographer who’s frigging awesome) spotted this at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in the Magic Kingdom this week!
But it’s OK. It’s brand new — not even on the menu yet — so we didn’t miss out on too much of the Donut Sundae lifespan. And we’re hoping that lifespan is a nice, long one!
The Main Street Plaza Ice Cream Parlor can be found at the intersection of Main Street USA and Tomorrowland, just before you get to Cinderella Castle. And the sundae joins a few other must-have treats on the Ice Cream Parlor’s menu, including the house-made ice cream sandwich (preferably ordered with a drizzled sauce!), the “kids’ cone” (it’s totally OK to order this as a grown-up, too) with Mickey ears, and the Plaza Ice Cream Sundae. So…I’m really not envying you the decisions you’ll have to make when you get there! ;-D
After spotting the sundae on a placard, we grabbed it! It comes with a warm glazed donut, warm apple compote, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, a cherry, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips.