This year is going to be BIG for the Disney Parks. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening at Walt Disney World on August 29 and at Disneyland on May 31. Plus the all-new Skyliner transportation system will begin operating at Walt Disney World in the summer or fall! But that’s not all…
The location has been revealed for the Space-themed restaurant coming to Epcot!
We already knew that this restaurant will offer an immersive dining experience among the stars which will offer guests views “from high above Earth.” And that it will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group (known also in Epcot for Via Napoli and Tutto Italia). Additionally, it was known that the restaurant would be adjacent to the Mission: SPACE attraction.
But where, exactly? Well, now we know! [Read more…]
Happy Sunday! We hope you’re enjoying a fun-filled summer weekend! Now it’s time to sit back, relax, and check out the latest in Disney food news.
The 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts on August 31 this year and we have a lot of news this week about the Festival! Check out all the booth menus and food photos here! And don’t forget to order your DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-book.
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We launched the DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We’re reviewing the Happily Ever After Dessert Party in the Magic Kingdom!
- The Lighthouse Sandwich has been removed from the Columbia Harbour House Menu. 🙁
- Check out the new Mint Julep in Disneyland!
- There’s a new restaurant — Baseline Tap House — opening in Hollywood Studios this Fall!
- We have the booth menus (and food photos) for the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We’ve got the 11 Things You HAVE to Eat at the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Save on seminars at the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic!
- Check out new foods, merchandise, and more details about this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- ‘Plastic’ cheese is back at Casey’s Corner in the Magic Kingdom!
- Mission: SPACE Restaurant, Ratatouille Ride and more announced at D23 Expo last weekend!
- Refreshment Carts with Character at Disney World golf courses!
- A ‘Star Wars’ hotel is coming to Disney World!
- Check the gluten-free eats at this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have the full schedule of culinary demos, beverage seminars, and Mix It, Make It hands-on workshops at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- Casey’s Corner celebrated National Hot Dog Day with a special one-day Triple Play!
- We reviewed the new Mint Julep at Disneyland’s Mint Julep Bar!
- Pretzels are back at the Magic Kingdom’s Lunching Pad!
- Check out our preview of Active Eats and Flavors from Fire at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- New DFB YouTube video: Sneak Preview of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video!
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got great content going up twice a week showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re talking about the Ultimate Disney Sundaes You HAVE to Try! Check it out below — and subscribe here!
Deal of the Week: Save 20% off the DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival!
Start your Epcot Food and Wine Festival planning now! The DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book is now available to order! N
This 250+-page guide to the Festival offers insider tips and advice as well as all of the details you need to know to plan your best Festival visit ever.
We’re reporting live from the D23 Expo and there is a TON of incredible news about the future of Walt Disney World!!
Mission Space Restaurant and Ratatouille and MORE Come to Epcot
First up, a brand new restaurant is slated to open in the next couple of years. This Table Service restaurant will be located adjacent to Mission: SPACE and will offer an “amazing dining experience in the stars”!!
We’re sure the view will be out of this world ;-D. And we look forward to having a SERIOUSLY amped up dining option in Future World. This venture will be run by the Patina Restaurant Group (which operates spaces such as Via Napoli and Morimoto Asia).
Also, a Ratatouille ride has been officially announced for Epcot’s France! This will open in a space behind the Eiffel Tower in the France Pavilion — a completely new section of the pavilion. This will approximate the Ratatouille ride already operating in Disneyland Paris, in the sense that guests will “shrink to Remy’s size and scurry to safety in a dazzling chase across a kitchen with the sights, sounds and smells of Gusteau’s legendary Parisian restaurant,” according to Disney. [Read more…]
Today, we’re taking this blog where it’s never gone before… to SPAAAAAACE!!!
Mission: Space, that is! You’ll know the Mission: Space Cargo Bay if you’ve ever ridden this Future World attraction — it’s the gift shop you pass through when exiting the ride. [Read more…]