It’s time to change out that 2018 calendar for a 2019, and we hope you’ve all got big Disney Parks (and Disney dining!!) plans for the coming year! Us? We’re resolving to eat more cupcakes (why not?!), drink more funky milkshakes, and bring you every tasty bit of news we can from the Disney Parks! But if you’re struggling with your New Year’s resolutions, may we suggest Disney resolutions?
It’s no small thing turning the calendar from one year to the next, and with 2019 arriving at warp speed, we got to thinking about all the awesome eats from 2018 that we’d want to munch on as we ring in the new year.
Here are our picks for Five Awesome Eats You’ve Gotta Get in 2019 in Disney World!
Storybook Dining — Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge
Nothing says Walt Disney World quite as much as dining with fairy tale characters, and the brand new Storybook Dining experience in Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort is one such dreamy meal.
Want to ring in the New Year with some fabulous Irish food and entertainment? Then reserve your seat at Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant in Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs!
The “Epic New Year’s Eve” Celebration lets guests celebrate twice — first for the Irish New Year at 7PM, then for the countdown to midnight in central Florida!
OK, it’s no secret that Disney World is a BUSY place during the holiday season, and New Year’s Eve is a MADHOUSE. There are plenty of events happening already, but most of them are already sold out…or well on their way to being sold out.
But you’re in luck! Today we’ve got a new New Year’s Eve bash to add to the agenda, and it sounds like a great one! Say hello to the Fort Wilderness New Year’s Eve Beach Dessert Party!
You might not be ready yet to start humming Jingle Bells just yet, but the Holidays at Walt Disney World are on their way… and frankly, we love it! It’s the most wonderful time of the year to visit (even with the massive crowds!), and there are endless holiday-themed experiences to make your holidays even brighter!
Disney World does the holidays right — from decor to events to merchandise and more!
And we don’t want you to miss out on any of the top draws. So let’s take a look our list of the 26 Must-do Disney Holiday Events — and Eats! — to celebrate this season at Walt Disney World! [Read more…]
You’re invited to ring in 2018 with an extra-special version of Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness Campground… it’s Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ!!
Mickey, Minnie, Chip, and Dale will be on hand for the big celebration. But they’re not the only friends… a DJ and bluegrass musicians will join in the fun, too! A video feed of Times Square will allow everyone to view the happenings in the Big Apple, but guests won’t envy watching the folks near the traditional ball drop, as they’ll be viewing the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Fireworks from a special viewing area (and adults can enjoy champagne along with the show!). [Read more…]
Even if it’s not exactly the right moment to start the Big Countdown to ring in 2018, it IS — believe it or not — time to start making your plans for New Year’s Eve in Walt Disney World!
And Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be hosting THREE celebrations, which will all open for booking on July 11th.
Disney Countdown to Midnight
Dining, dancing, music, and booze will all be components of Disney Countdown to Midnight in the Fantasia Ballroom. A band, DJ, and Mickey and Minnie will all join in the party, and guests will ring in 2018 viewing the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Fireworks and raising a glass of bubbly.
Frozen Fans — here’s another special event for you!
The Frozen Holiday Premium Package will debut this holiday season at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Plus, click below for all the details on this week’s Disney Food News…
Disney Food News
- Disney World debuts a new seasonal experience — Disney’s Hollywood Studios Frozen Holiday Premium Package!
- Time for another DFB Podcast! In episode 21, AJ and Brad are discussing their favorite Disney Bars and Lounges!
- Check out three new Disney glow cubes just in time for Halloween in Disneyland!
- Disney is taking Magical Fairytale Weddings to the next level with Wedding Cake Projection Mapping. Get a first look here!
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, Le Cellier will host a New Year’s Eve dinner, Moet and Chandon Wine Dinner Menu at Flying Fish Cafe, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
DFB Reader Tim tweeted the delicious donuts with chocolate dipping sauce available at Disney’s water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach). These donuts may be mini but they are HUGE on flavor!
Facebook Friend Akemi shared the adorable Lion King waffles served at Boma’s breakfast buffet. A unique Disney waffle for the young and young-at-heart! LOVE!
What’s your Favorite Find? We can’t wait to see it!
DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks e-Book
We’re thrilled to announce that the 2014 DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks e-Book is now available!
And in honor of our grand launch, you can [Read more…]
In this week’s news, we shared the arrival of TWO more food trucks at Downtown Disney Orlando. With Fantasy Fare and World Showcase of Flavors now serving from their mobile eateries, we have even more bites to taste-test on our next trip(s) to Walt Disney World! Are you wondering if the hand-dipped corn dogs lived up to their hype? Find out here!
Craving more news? You’ll want to click on the links below to find out more about Advance Dining Reservations at Beaches and Cream, holiday treats, and more.
Disney Food News
- The Fantasy Fare Food Truck has arrived in Downtown Disney.
- A fourth food truck — World Showcase of Flavors — has rolled into Downtown Disney in Walt Disney World.
- Check out the new curry-focused menu at Animal Kingdom’s Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Walt Disney World!
- Sweet and Savory Waffles arrive Epcot’s Promenade Refreshments in Disney World.
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel is now offering specialty beverages for the holiday season!
- Walt Disney World Dining is now taking Advance Dining Reservations for Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club Resort.
- Take a look at New Year’s Eve Dining and Entertainment Options in Walt Disney World and Disneyland!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures!
DFB Reader Finds
Reader Jessica sent us this treat: a toffee brownie Mickey ear hat from Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure. We lurve these!
Thanks for sharing your treats with us!
The “DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2013″!
Tis the season for the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World® Holidays 2013 e-Book!
And since we want you to save some cash right NOW, we have a steep discount for DFB readers (as always!). Get the brand new guide today for $3 off the regular purchase price for a limited time! How? Use code JINGLE at the check-out!
The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2013 e-Book features 270 pages of all the info you need to know before you head to Walt Disney World for the holiday season, including NEW events and holiday happenings, over 250 photos, and an informative FAQ section. It includes:
- Detailed descriptions and photos of every holiday event and activity happening at the parks and resorts this year — including tips on how to make the best use of your time and money when visiting!
- A fully comprehensive holiday dining section with listings of holiday snacks, treats, meals, and menu items offered this year — from popcorn kiosks all the way to Signature Restaurants.
- A clickable 3-Month Schedule of Holiday Events so you can see at-a-glance what looks interesting to you.
- Our recommendations on ways to SAVE while you’re in Disney World this holiday season.
- A section dedicated to all “New for 2013” events, dining options, and activities.
- A Preview of the 2014 Holidays in Disney World
- And more!
For more detailed information and sample pages from The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2013, head over to the DFB Store!
And if you want an even BETTER deal, snap up our DFB Holiday Bundle! This includes the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays AND our original DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013!
With a 100% 30-day, money-back guarantee on all of our guides, you have nothing to lose! 🙂 Find more great DFB Disney Dining Guidebooks at DFBStore.com!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix helps us cross off special names on our Holiday Gift List with a unique idea — the Mickey Mouse Gift Basket!
All Ears takes a photo tour of Disneyland. Check out the holiday treats!
Yesterland shares vintage photos of Burger Invasion and Corn Dog Castle in Disney California Adventure.
Mouse on the Mind stops by the new Joffrey’s coffee kiosk in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
It’s been a SUPER busy week for Disney Food news!! 🙂
With the release of 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival menus, we’ve seen a lot of new dishes that we can’t wait to sample.
Of course, the new Disney World Fall Free Dining offer was terrific news for many of our readers who were able to save valuable vacation dollars on their Walt Disney World packages.
Let’s check out what else is happening in the “World” of Disney dining!
Disney Food News
We’ve got lots of news to catch up on!
- Disney World Free Dining has been extended for dates in October, November, and December 2013!
- The Walt Disney World 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Menus have been officially announced! Plus, check out more news and details about Walt Disney World’s 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- There will be changes to the Tables in Wonderland dining discount program in 2014!
- Check out the news on the possible new Rapid Fill Refillable Mug program that’s rumored to be rolled out at Walt Disney World Resorts in the very near future.
- The Gardens kiosk catering to guests with special diets debuts at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom today!
- The Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn has announced a series of wine dinners to take place during Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival. Includes a dinner with John Lasseter!
- Magic Kingdom’s Tortuga Tavern is serving their very own version of a favorite Disney classic frozen drink — the Liberty Swirl Slush!
- The new Peppermills at Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel have a story!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including Casey’s Corner Artist Autograph Session with Miniaturist Robert Olszewski, Wine Dinners at Citricos, New Year’s Eve at Monsieur Paul, and more.
DFB Reader Finds
Thanks for sharing your Disney food memories!
Deal of the Week! Bundle DFB Disney Dining Guides for More Savings
DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle:
With our popular DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle, you’ll get our:
- DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 Edition, our
- DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks, 2013 Edition,
- DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks, AND our
- DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks, 2013 Edition
All for a significant discount! Learn more about the DFB Guide + Snacks Bundle here!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix finds a mod Donald Duck coffee mug. Perfect for your morning caffeine fix!
Eating Around WDW heads to the Lava Lounge!
Walt Disney World for Grownups sips a Lapu Lapu at Disney’s Polynesian resort.
Main St Gazette stops by Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe to taste-test the Steak and Pork Platter.
Running at Disney enjoys the Cobb Salad at The Hollywood Brown Derby!
Babble shares Club 33 photos and tips from our own Dining in Disneyland columnist, Heather Sievers!
Disney Cruise Line Blog shares a snack idea using Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bars and Cookies. Try it on your next Disney cruise!