Walt Disney World is regularly stepping up its food game, and that includes quick service (a/k/a fast food) in its parks and resorts. In fact, some quick service dining is so good, it rivals some of the better table service restaurants in the parks and resorts!
Pepe is now open on the West Side of Disney Springs!
Pepe by Jose Andres
Pepe is the new counter service component of Jaleo by Chef José Andrés (which will open for its dinner debut this evening). This location in Disney Springs is the first brick-and-mortar location for Pepe, following the Pepe food truck which has been a hit for the last six years in Washington, D.C.
You’ll find Pepe on the front corner adjacent to the main entrance for Jaleo. So, if you’re hoping to catch some of the authentic Spanish cuisine by Chef Andres, but don’t have plans to dine inside Jaleo, we’re going to check out what Pepe has in store for you!
Pepe — just like Jaleo — was designed by Spanish designer Juli Capella. [Read more…]
Every day, the opening of Jaleo in Disney Springs gets closer! The upcoming — and highly anticipated — restaurant by Chef José Andrés is no longer hidden behind construction walls.
There’s a brand new, fun, and interactive store in Disney Springs as well as a ton of other changes! See everything we found this week!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
It’s time for another festival to start! Check out all the details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, which started January 18 and runs through February 25, including FULL menus and lots of food photos! Be sure to check out our Best of the Fest!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out all the eats at the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure. See the booth menus and prices here.
- See what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We have the latest construction news from Hollywood Studios.
- See what’s new at the Magic Kingdom .
- Check out the hidden characters at the Epcot Festival of the Arts.
- We shared details on the V.I.Passholder pop-up event at Disney Springs.
- The Maleficent Waffle Cone returns to the Magic Kingdom for a limited time.
- The Maleficent dragon float is back in the Festival of Fantasy Parade.
- We reviewed the Funnel Cake Fries at Disney California Adventure!
- The White Truffle Dinner and a prix fixe menu return to Ravello for a limited time.
- Free dining booking ends soon – check out all the details here.
- Check out the Get Your Ears On sweet and savory treats at Jolly Holiday Bakery.
- White Water Snacks reopens at Disneyland’s Grand Californian Resort.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Donut Sundae at Gibson Girl in Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Share Your Ears Cheeseburger at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- Get all the details on Project Stardust at Disneyland.
- We reviewed Cookie Butter Monkey Bread and more at River Belle Terrace.
- We shared more details about the Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the discount for Disney Vacation Club members at the Epcot Festival of the Arts.
- A premium coffee bar opened at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
- We have details on Valentine’s Day desserts at Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Check out the Confetti Shake at Smokejumpers for the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- We spotted Disney Skyliner gondolas at Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed a new menu and seasonal items at Frontera Cocina.
- Check out our review of the Minnie Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcake.
- Two new dining locations opened at the ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World.
- Pepe from Jose Andres is coming to Disney Springs when Jaleo opens.
- A Zootopia expansion is coming to Shanghai Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Mickey Ice Cream Bars that are now available in stores.
- Check out all the Valentine’s Day eats at Disneyland Resort.
- We reviewed the Double Chocolate Fritters at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort is now available for booking – and we have dining details.
- We celebrated the launch of the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining.
- Check out the Valentine’s Day specials at California Grill.
- We have details on the Valentine’s Day menu at Jiko – A Cooking Place.
- Check out the new comic book series based on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We reviewed the Fried Chicken and Beignets at Disneyland’s Cafe Orelans.
- Check out the new Minnie Mouse Sundae at Disneyland’s Golden Horseshoe.
- We reviewed the Steamboat Willie Black and White Cookie at Disneyland.
- Check out the new Maple Bacon Churro at the Get Your Ears on Celebration.
- We reviewed the new Apple Cobbler at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed All the Cheese at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure.
- Check out the Mickey Celebration Churro at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- You’ve got to see the Strawberry Cheesecake “Funnel of Love” at Disneyland.
- We reviewed Mickey Pizza and Baked Alaska at the Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Best International Food at Disney World, Technology Hacks You Need to Know While You’re at Disney World, The Best New Festival and Celebration Foods at Disney World and Disneyland, and 16 Must-Have Treats in the Magic Kingdom.
New DFB Video — The 16 Most Exclusive, Must-Have Treats in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
When ThinkFoodGroup recently shared new concept art for Jaleo by Chef José Andrés coming to Disney Springs, it was also revealed that a Quick Service option would be serving Spanish street food-inspired sandwiches and salads on the main promenade of Disney Springs when it opens this winter.
And now ThinkFoodGroup has revealed that the grab-and-go location will be Pepe by José Andrés! This will be the first Pepe location outside of the Chef’s popular food truck. The Disney Springs location, however, will be located in a front corner of the Jaleo building. [Read more…]