If you’ve dined in Disney Springs since last May, you will want to be informed about a data security incident as posted by Earl Enterprises.
If you happen to visit the lobby of Planet Hollywood Observatory on your next trip to Disney Springs, you may notice a new pal in the lobby… if he doesn’t notice you first!
Meet Plex the Robot, who is currently greeting guests — and even showing off his dance moves, if you ask nicely — periodically throughout the day in the Observatory’s lobby. [Read more…]
Happy last weekend of 2018! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
Disneyland’s Festival of Holidays is still happening until the first week of January, and we have ALL the menus! Start planning what you’re going to eat before you go! And check out our BEST of the Fest here! You can also see reviews of ALL Disneyland holiday treats here!
Also, check out all the details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, which begins January 18th, including FULL menus and lots of food photos!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the 15 Disney pictures that wowed us this year!
- Toast to 2019 with a Champagne Cupcake at Sprinkles.
- Check out our full review of breakfast at Centertown Market at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Ring in the New Year with festive treats at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs.
- Check out the must-have Disney World dishes for 2019.
- We reviewed dinner at Boatwright’s Dining Hall at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside.
- Salt & Straw at Disneyland has a new Vegandulgence Ice Cream.
- The Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland now has collectible sporks.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with an ‘Epic’ celebration at Raglan Road in Disney Springs.
- Wine Bar George is celebrating New Year’s Day with BOGO Bubbles!
- Potion Purple Ears Cupcake debuts at the Contempo Cafe!
- Check out the Winter Wonderland Shake at Planet Hollywood Observatory!
- Check out this behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We reviewed new menu items at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ in Disney Springs.
- We shared what’s NEW this week at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- More performers were announced for the Garden Rocks Concert Series at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- Check out the Disney Parks merchandise we couldn’t resist in 2018.
- We’re excited to announce the pre-order of our newest DFB Guide.
- New DFB YouTube videos: 22 Must-Try Underrated Disney World Dining Spots, The Best Disney World Rides for Toddlers, Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White, and Unexpected Eats in Disney World.
New DFB Video — 22 Must-Try Underrated Disney World Dining Spots
The holidays aren’t over yet, my friends! There’s still time to order up a Winter Wonderland Shake at the Planet Hollywood Observatory in Disney Springs!
A vanilla milkshake is poured over with raspberry sauce and topped with vanilla icing, chocolate syrup, peppermint patties, winter Oreos, M&Ms, and not one, but TWO full pieces of candy: a peppermint lollipop and a candy cane! [Read more…]
Starting May 1st, you can explore the new BOURBON TRAIL in Disney Springs!
Through June 17th, guests ages 21 and up can take a crawl of sorts, with destinations along the way offering bourbon-inspired drinks paired with various dishes.
No matter which restaurants you select (and there will be several to choose from!), your first stop will be the Disney Springs Welcome Center to grab a Bourbon Trail Passport listing all the destinations, drinks, and dishes. (Or you can find the information at any of the participating restaurants.) [Read more…]
Cheese, glorious PIMENTO Cheese! It’s time for the ultimate Disney food trend crawl: the Pimento Cheese Crawl! We’ve been seeing this creamy cheese pop up in about two zillion places as of late, and with good reason.
In case you’re not familiar with the “caviar of the South”, it’s basically creamy cheddar cheese mixed with mayo (or sour cream) and pimento pieces. There are some spices in there as well, and those can vary from chef to chef (or from grandma to grandma!).
So if you’re like me, and you love all things Pimento Cheesy, THIS is the crawl for you! So, let’s begin.
Pimento Cheese BLT
First up, you’ll need to start your day at Animal Kingdom. Lucky for you, there’s a lot going on over there with the opening of Pandora — World of Avatar. So it’s the perfect time to hit that rope drop, work up an appetite on Avatar Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey, then make your way over to the Smiling Crocodile in Discovery Island. [Read more…]
If you haven’t heard the big news, I’m here to deliver it: April is Grilled Cheese Month. And that, my friends, is a food holiday that we can totally get behind.
Because we know of a BUNCH of seriously worthy grilled cheese choices in the Disney parks and resorts that we can’t wait to tell you about!
And if you love what you see here, be sure to check out our 2017 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, which includes tons of bonus features, like fun food crawls throughout Walt Disney World!
Now pack your bags and your stretchy pants, cause it’s time to head to both coasts to partake in the Disney Food Blog Grilled Cheese Crawl!
(Should there be Rocky music playing here or something? I feel like there should be.)
Who’s coming with? Let’s go!
Our first stop: Walt Disney World!
Pimento Grilled Cheese, Planet Hollywood Observatory
If you were there with us when Planet Hollywood Observatory opened (or actually, reopened) its doors earlier this year, then you know that we weren’t all that impressed with most of what we tried. But there was one standout: the Pimento Grilled Cheese.
The triple decker sandwich is two meals in one. First, you have a fairly traditional Grilled Cheese, spiced up with the addition of Pimento Cheese. But then, the second story involved super cheesy Mac and Cheese layered between crunchy Grilled Bread. Yep, that’s A Layer of Carbs on Top of More Carbs. And we are completely fine with that. [Read more…]
Happy weekend and happy spring (a few days late)! We hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. Now it’s time to sit back, relax, and check out the latest in Disney food news!
We also had a chance to check out the 2017 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival and we have the full booth menus and all the food photos.
And last week, Disneyland debuted golden churros and beignets for the 50th Anniversary of Pirates of the Caribbean!
Don’t forget, the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts in August this year!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have the full menus for the Satu’li Canteen in Pandora – The World of Avatar.
- Speaking of Pandora, reservations are now open for the Passholder Preview!
- Mobile ordering is coming to the Satu’li Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Enter to win a Disney Prize Package during DFB’s Mickey March Giveaways!
- Planet Hollywood Observatory to offer counter service and more “star presence.”
- We checked out the new Cookie Cupcake at Sprinkles.
- The Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Tree Tavern updated its menus!
- Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs is offering a cake decorating experience!
- Check out the Disney Food Challenge – French Fry Crawl!
- We reviewed three baked mac and cheeses at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We’re giving away a Beauty and the Beast Light-up Rose Tumbler!
- Check out our review of the Beauty and the Beast-themed Enchanted Rose Cake Pop.
- The latest DFB YouTube videos are about Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars and our Top 10 Disney Dining Tips!
held its official ribbon cutting and grand opening last week in a star-studded event, which included film star Reese Witherspoon and Mickey Mouse himself.
But in addition to stargazing, the recently re-imagined restaurant also offered more information about what we can expect in the future. [Read more…]
It sure has been a news-y few weeks for Disney World! From the debut of the long-awaited Rivers of Light show in Animal Kingdom, to the announcement of a brand new fireworks spectacular on the way to Magic Kingdom, to the return of another annual Festival at Epcot: the 2017 Flower and Garden Festival.
But it sure doesn’t stop there, because we’ve got even more news to explore… by checking out WHAT’S NEW around Walt Disney World! [Read more…]