But if you EVER happen to time your trip during the return of the Peanut Butter Pretzel Gourmet Treats, then run — seriously, tout suite — to your nearest Candy Kitchen (Candy Palace and Pooh Corner in Disneyland, Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure, and Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney). Do not pause — not even to thank me for pointing you in their direction. Just get there and grab one! [Read more…]
Remember the return of the Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Sandwich I happened upon at Pooh Corner in Disneyland recently? If not, take a moment to click this link and gaze upon the wonder of it, then meet me right back here.
Okay, ready? Now, right next to it in the bakery case was another chocolate-covered treat: the Mickey S’more.
And just like its neighbor, the Peanut Butter Sandwich, after being discontinued for a few months, the S’more has received a bit of a makeover. [Read more…]
Anyone remember this beauty?
Oh, MY… how I loved the Peanut Butter Sandwich: a simple but practically perfect sweet-and-salty mix of peanut butter and graham cracker covered in a thick layer of chocolate! It used to be widely available in both Disney World and Disneyland. Then it slowly was removed from the scene in Disney World, to be found ONLY in Disneyland.
And then, the worst came to be. We got word that it was being phased out in Disneyland as well. And you ALL know the pain of having one of your favorite Disney snacks ripped mercilessly from your grip.
The Disneyland Resort changes their gourmet treats monthly. The gourmet treat trio usually includes a Marshmallow Wand, a Caramel Apple, and a Mickey Crispy Treat. Sometimes there is a bonus item like a packaged chocolate bark! January’s flavor of the month is Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie and it’s amazing.
My take home project included the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Marshmallow Wand, a Mickey Crispy, and the Chocolate Bark. Let’s start with my very favorite of the three: the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bark. This stuff is 100% addicting. If you are a peanut butter fan, you’ll probably want to keep the entire 7 ounces to yourself and not share one single bite. [Read more…]
Lately I’ve been a big fan of Disney Marshmallow Wands. Fresh marshmallows dipped in gooey caramel, covered with chocolate then topped with various items: YUM!
In the past we’ve seen lots of fun marshmallow wands. Everything from traditional sprinkles, to Reese’s Pieces, s’mores, character themed, and more. The Candy Cane Marshmallow Wand is currently here for the season, and it’s wonderful! I recently picked one up to enjoy at home and boy, am I glad I did.
The marshmallow is dipped in caramel then dark chocolate….
Halloween time is HERE! Themed treats and merchandise have already started to appear at the Disneyland Resort. On a recent visit I spotted these perfectly packaged Seasonal Candy Bags at Disney California Adventure.
The artwork & packaging on these really caught my eye! There are four different bag designs, each one containing a different type of candy. The candies themselves are not new, but the packaging “make over” from previous years is going to have them flying off the shelves. It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I think I like Donald’s “Terror in Tomorrowland” artwork best. [Read more…]
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival has finally started and we’ve been eating and drinking our way around World Showcase for a couple of days!
It was another week full of big news stories including the opening of Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar and some new enhancements for the Chase Lounge at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
We have a lot to share, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar opened on September 22! And the full menu includes 16 specialty cocktails!
- The 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival has started and we have a rundown of the Best of the Fest!
- This week was the grand launch of the DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks e-book!
- Disneyland has introduced treats for Dia de los Muertos!
- We have the first look at the menu for Morimoto Asia which opens on September 30!
- A few enhancements are coming to the Chase Lounge at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Our #OnTheList series continues with classics from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We review Zuri’s Sweets Shop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
New to the Disneyland Resort this season are an adorably festive line of Dia de los Muertos Treats.
For the past few years, Zocalo Park in Frontierland has had a gorgeous display where you can participate in some fun activities and learn about the traditions of Dia de los Muertos.
We made it through the first full week of September, which means we’re getting closer and closer to the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
In other exciting news, we found out that Morimoto Asia is opening at the end of this month in Disney World; and in Disneyland, guests can grab the opportunity to dine INSIDE the Jungle Cruise!
We have a lot to share, so let’s jump right in!
Disney Food News
- Morimoto Asia is scheduled to open September 30! Reservations may be available via Open Table on September 16.
- Sci-Fi Dine-In is serving breakfast for a limited time this fall!
- A new Disneyland Jungle Cruise Safari Breakfast has been announced! It’s happening from September 21 through December 2.
- In other Food and Wine Festival News, we have some tips on enjoying the festival on a budget.
- Our brand new #OnTheList series continues with the iconic Dole Whips from Walt Disney World and Disneyland!
- We review lunch at Epcot’s Akershus including the new service style test.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom keeps changing and we found some new eats and beverages on a recent visit!
Marceline’s in Downtown Disney is hopping with Easter treats!
The adorable Easter Bunny Caramel Apples have made a comeback, along with some fun new yummies that include Mickey Easter Egg Cake Pops and Mickey Easter Grass & “Egg” themed treats.
Mickey Easter Egg Cake Pops
Adorable as can be, these Easter Eggs are as tasty as they are cute.
The moist cake is dipped in white chocolate, then decorated with sanding sugar, and topped with chocolate Mickey ears. They come in chocolate, vanilla & red velvet.
We went with chocolate, because it was the only flavor they had left in these ones.
And just a little FYI, I learned that [Read more…]