Today we’re bringing you a special Port Orleans Resort-themed What’s New! We always love an excuse to visit Port Orleans — French Quarter because of the beautiful landscaping, impeccably festive decor, and fun vibes.
Hey, guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and I hope you’ve got your sweet tooth ready… because we’re sharing Disney desserts you’ve just GOT to try!
Today is ALL about the sweet stuff in Disney World… and we’re sharing the whole scoop, from what to get and where to get it! Of course, we’re got some longtime classics, like the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern. But the sweet fun never stops, so there are tons of new items for you to try, too! There’s no shortage of desserts to add to your must-try list, so check out our video to find our favorites in all four Disney World parks, Disney Springs, and some that you may find in your favorite Resort. Then let us know what you would add to the list! [Read more…]
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, or Any-Excuse-To-Have-Some-Chocolate Day, there will be treats galore for you if you’re spending this week in Walt Disney World or Disneyland!
Walt Disney World
In Magic Kingdom, stop by Main Street Bakery to find the Mickey Cinnamon Roll with a special heart decoration.
And if your idea of romance is inspired by Pecos Bill and Slue-Foot Sue, then mosey over yonder into Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe and order up some hand-dipped white and dark chocolate strawberries.
Happy New Year! We hope this year has started out great for you! Now it’s time to kick back, relax, and catch up on another week of Disney food news!
There’s a new ROSE GOLD EARS CUPCAKE?!??!
And your favorite Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup can now be had for a snack credit!
It’s time to the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining! Use code WDW2018 at check-out to get 25% off the cover price!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We reviewed the new Rose Gold Ears Cupcake at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons!
- Check out our Festival of the Arts Best of the Fest!
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and Poutine are now on the menu at Epcot’s Refreshment Port.
- We reviewed Paddlefish at Disney Springs.
- We launched the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-book!
- Bookings are now available for special events and more at the Disney California Adventure Food and wine Festival!
- Kringla Bakeri in Epcot’s Norway is closing soon for refurbishment!
- Chef Kevin Dundon has left Raglan Road Irish Pub.
- The menus have been released for Enzo’s Hideway Tunnel Bar and Restaurant in Disney Springs!
- Check out the new pilot program that allows guests to purchase theme park extras.
- First look and review of Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante!
- We have a first look of The Edison at Disney Springs!
- We showcased some of the must-have drinks for 2018!
- Check out our review of Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter.
- Check out the workshops and seminars at the Epcot Festival of the Arts.
- The dates have been announced for the 2018 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival.
- New DFB YouTube videos: 5 Disney Dining Myths Debunked and Cinderella’s Royal Table vs Akershus Royal Banquet vs Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go. [Read more…]
It’s not every day that I am surprised by a Quick Service meal at Walt Disney World.
But Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter has done just that!
French Quarter is the sister Resort to Port Orleans, Riverside, and while both are located along the picturesque Sassagoula River and share boats that carry guests to and from Disney Springs, the Resorts’ personalities are markedly different.
Riverside has a down-home, relaxed, on-the-bayou feel, with the Riverside Mill Food Court capturing the industrial spirit of New Orleans. The French Quarter, on the other hand, features the ornate wrought iron and colorful architecture of the French Quarter in New Orleans, while dancing jesters and musical alligators dotting the landscape provide more than a hint of whimsy.
The French Quarter’s primary dining option — alongside Scat Cat’s Club, where you can often catch live tunes along with your drink, and Mardi Grogs, the pool bar — is Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory. This quick service food court used to wow (and kinda creep out) guests with its massive Mardi Gras float decor suspended from the ceiling. It was colorful and busy with something new to discover on every visit.
A 2016 renovation gave Sassagoula Floatworks a total overhaul, so let’s check out what the space looks like now once again before we grab a bite to eat.
The colorful, oversized Mardi Gras props that used to hang from the ceiling from wall to wall still take some part in the Floatworks decor, only on a much more subdued level. Last year’s renovation delivered a more simplified and industrial design to the food court. Guests were torn about the change, with some lamenting the loss of such over-the-top theming, while others appreciated the streamlined and less markedly terrifying look. Either way, there is still color in concentrated amounts, and Mardi Gras details remain present (if much less conspicuous). [Read more…]
Hey, friends! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re taking you to Disney World’s Port Orleans Resort (both Riverside and French Quarter) to let you know what you just have to eat during your visit!
A huge bonus for guests staying at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter is that they’ve got easy access to each location’s restaurants, lounges, and snacks. And since both spots have some terrific outside-the-norm options, this is great news indeed! From the Beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory to the noshes you can enjoy if you’re taking in a Yeeha Bob show at the River Roost lounge, there is a ton of great stuff to take in at Port Orleans. (And remember, Port Orleans is just a beautiful boat ride away from Disney Springs even if you aren’t staying at the Resort!) [Read more…]
Oh. You thought we were done trying ALL the Pumpkin Spice around Disney World?
Nope, not yet!
We’ve tracked down everything from Pumpkin Spice Shakes (made with ice cream or gelato) to the annual return of Pumpkin Fudge around the parks. But I may have found my very favorite Pumpkin Spice snack yet at Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory in Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter, where they’re serving up PUMPKIN SPICE BEIGNETS.
Now, you won’t find Pumpkin Spice Beignets listed as an option on the menu alongside the regular French Quarter Beignets.
Are your halls decked? Are your presents wrapped? Are you bursting with anticipation as you’re getting ready to celebrate the HOLIDAYS?!?
Because it’s the Most Wonderful — and Delicious! — Time of the Year at Walt Disney World! And we’re taking a tour around the Parks, Disney Springs, and several Disney Resorts to find out What’s New for this most festive season! [Read more…]
Happy Sunday! We hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving with family and friends and that you’re ready to check out the latest Disney food news in our round-up!
Speaking of holiday food, don’t forget about Holidays Around the World at Epcot and the new food booths coming for this year!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have the dates for the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We spotted a Holiday Turkey Poutine at The Daily Poutine in Disney Springs!
- Find Dole Whips in Disney Springs!
- There’s a progressive dinner, Sake & Shine, with Morimoto Asia and Homecoming Florida Kitchen on December 3.
- Tiana’s Riverboat Party and Ice Cream Social is coming to the Magic Kingdom.
- The news Epcot Festival of the Arts starts January 13!
- Sprinkles is now open at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District!
- Check out our newest YouTube video: Colossal Cinnamon Rolls at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory has reopened at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter!
Are you ready to Let the Good Times Roll? Then join us at the newly reopened Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory!
This Counter Service option for Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter closed down for a refurbishment in July. Though not much was known regarding plans for the space, it was assumed — given the four-month closure — that some major changes could be in store. So we were excited to check things out when it opened again to guests on Saturday morning.
Excited… and very curious. After all, Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory is known for having one of the most interesting atmospheres of all the Disney Resort food courts. As the name implies, it was themed as a warehouse storing larger-than-life parade props for Mardi Gras, fitting in well at the Resort that pays homage to New Orleans. (If you’d like a little refresher, you can take a tour of what the space looked like here.)
Louisiana cuisine also influenced the menu with unique choices like a selection of Po’ Boys and Gumbo among more standard Counter Service offerings. And no visit to Sassagoula is ever complete without those famous Beignets! (Spoiler Alert: they’re still here! ) [Read more…]