Our latest trip to Hollywood Studios was packed with updates! The park is starting to get ready for the holidays and the arrival of the Flurry of Fun (that starts this week!) with lights and merch all over, progress continues on Stars Wars construction and refurbishments and they are ready to open a new car entrance! We’ve collected all of the updates for you!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
There’s just a little more than one week left for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! Find out EVERYTHING you need to know about the festival on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival pages! PLUS – check out our BEST OF THE FEST!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We spotted refillable Coke bottles at the Coca-Cola Store in Disney Springs!
- You need to check out this Pineapple Spam Burger at Disney World!
- Check out our Fall Back Flash Sale at the DFB Store.
- We reviewed the holiday sandwiches and a new dessert at Earl of Sandwich.
- T-Rex Cafe in Disney Springs is hosting Breakfast with Santa next month.
- Check out the construction updates for the Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy attractions in Epcot.
- Disney Cast Members can get a discount via Mobile Order at select locations.
- Check out the adorable new ears coming to Epcot!
- We have the FULL list of holiday treats coming to Disneyland. And we have a sneak peek at two treats here.
- Check out the seasonal cupcakes coming to Sprinkles this month.
- The list of celebrity narrators for the Candlelight Processional is now complete!
- Check out menus for the Disneyland Festival of Holidays.
- The gingerbread display at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is up!
- Mickey’s Magical Birthday Sundae has arrived at Ghirardelli.
- The Magic Kingdom has decked the halls for the holiday season.
- Tink’s Pixie-Dusted Cone has arrived in the Magic Kingdom!
- You need to check out this year’s Pluto Holiday Popcorn Bucket.
- Epcot’s Skyliner station is becoming a work of art.
- We have details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, including the Disney on Broadway performers!
- We spotted the Holiday Refillable Resort Mugs at Disney World.
- We reviewed a couple seasonal cupcakes at the Contemporary Resort!
- Check out the only-available-on-Halloween cupcake we spotted at Epcot.
- We shared a construction update from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And this update on Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway!
- New prizes are available for Remy’s Hide and Squeak Scavenger Hunt at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion was celebrating Dia de los Muertos with a visiting artist and new merchandise.
- More holiday merchandise is popping up at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We spotted new Star Wars mugs and hats at the Studios.
- Vampirina is now meeting guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels are offering a sale on holiday season rates!
- We reviewed a Pumpkin Spice Pretzel in Epcot’s Norway Pavilion.
- The Disney attractions-inspired Spirit Jerseys are now available online.
- Check out who is coming to the Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland.
- We launched the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2018 e-book!
- Reservations are now available for the Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill coming to Disney Springs.
- Check out this update on the Disney Skyliner construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Ralph and Vanellope from ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ are coming to the Disney Parks!
- We shared a preview of the merchandise for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
- Check out these over-the-top shakes from Beaches and Cream!
- We reviewed two new menus at Frontera Cocina in Disney Springs.
- New DFB YouTube videos: What’s New at the Disney Parks This Week, AJ’s Favorite Disney World Restaurants, 7 Things That Might Surprise You About the Holidays at Disney World, and What Cast Members Wish You Knew Before Coming to Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video — What Cast Members Wish You Knew Before Coming to Disney World
Just in time for holiday shopping, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is home to a new line of Star Wars mugs and hats for your Star Wars fan (or you!)!
The characters on the mugs are raised, and the Star Wars logo on the other side of the mug matches the character.
We’re baaaaaack with more What’s New! This time we’re at Disney’s Hollywood Studios where the Incredibles are popping up everywhere and at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort where tower construction is well on its way! So c’mon!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Updates
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Menus and Eats
It’s hot in central Florida, and it isn’t cooling off any time soon. So you’ll want to keep your cool by sipping on a Strawberry Lemonade with an optional shot of Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum. We found this at the popcorn cart to the left of the Chinese Theater.
May the 4th is HERE, so get ready to brush off your Star Wars togs, mugs, and other gear to celebrate the holiday the right way!
What’s that? You need more Star Wars stuff in your life? Meee tooooo! See? We totally get each other.
That’s why I wanted to share some of my favorite Star Wars merch finds with you today. Maybe you’re gearing up to celebrate the release of The Last Jedi later this year. Or you might be looking for that perfect gift for Mom or Dad in time for Mother’s or Father’s Day. Or are you on the hunt for that perfect grad gift?
Whatever you’re after, check out these fun finds! And don’t forget to head over to Disney Store to catch the deals today!
AAAAAAAH!!!! Two more weeks until Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There’s a ton of cool stuff that comes along with a movie launch like this, and I know your kid/dad/brother/sister/wife/best friend/babysitter/neighbor NEEDS some of this Star Wars stuff beneath the tree this year.
Let’s check it out! [Read more…]
Okay, Star Wars fans… and Disney Pin collectors… and people who are just into awesome holiday stuff in general (have I covered all the bases 😉 ?)!
You may want to check out some cool goodies that are just begging to fill some stockings this year…
All sorts of holiday pins are now gracing the pin displays around Disney World, and if you keep an eye out, your search may be rewarded with the Star Wars Gingerbread Mystery Collection 2-Pack! [Read more…]
It’s (one of) the most wonderful times of the year — if you’re a Star Wars fan, that is!
If you need some gear to get you ready for your trip, then you’ve come to the right place! But even if you don’t have the time or cash to travel light years away, we think that embracing your inner Rebel (or Empire Loyalist) is the next best thing.
Let’s take a look at some fun options. And keep in mind — Think Geek Star Wars Gear is 20% off TODAY! And as a bonus, you’ll receive a free Star Wars Pin with Star Wars orders of $20 or more!
Because you NEED chopsticks that look like light sabers. You know you do. Choose from blue or red, depending on which side of the galactic battle you’d prefer to channel.
But of course, the next logical question will be, “Where am I going to store my soy sauce?”
Why, in your droid, obvi! Because the R2-D2 Sauce Dispenser is a must for your next gathering. And despite the picture, you can store other sauces in R2. Olive oil, hot sauce, you name it.
Put that little guy to work (he totally loves feeling useful).
Barbecue like a boss with your very own Star Wars Lightsaber BBQ Tongs. Modeled after Darth’s elegant weapon of choice, the tongs come with a red cover to look just like a light saber in action, and a slide button gives you all the classic sound effects. What?! Happiest day of your life? I know.
Go ahead. Show that steak who’s in charge.
And you thought the Lord Vader didn’t know anything about romance.
Show her the softer side of your villainy with this mood-setting Darth Vader Light Saber Candlestick.
It comes with three no drip red taper candles, so your nights will be well lit for some time to come.
Have a little fun with your morning java when you serve it in these [Read more…]
You can’t make it to Star Wars Weekends, and you’re super bummed. Dude, I feel ya. Because I’m in the same landcruiser.
But you know, there’s a way to make a party out of the most dismal of circumstances. So with that lemonade-out-of-lemons attitude, I’m setting out to host my very own Star Wars Weekend at Home!
Care to join me? I thought you might!
The Star Wars Cookbook Deluxe Set (With Cookie Cutters!)
I’m assuming your Star Wars Weekend will involve a party or two, so of course you’ll want to stay on theme with the eats. Make the task of creating nibbles easy with the The Star Wars Cookbook Deluxe Set. Perfect for whipping up a batch of Yoda Soda and Landonuts. Plus, it comes with a set of cookie cutters, which will transform your favorite cookie recipe into the likenesses of Darth Vader, Yoda, and R2-D2.
Death Star Ice Sphere Mold
I was bowled over by the Death Star Glow Spheres that we featured on the blog the other day! While I haven’t figured out how to get these at home — yet! — I do have the next best thing for your Dark Side Cocktail: Death Star Ice Sphere Molds!
The silicone mold is perfect for making mini Death Stars out of lots of things. Make ice for your intergalactic cocktails, or Dark Side Truffles. How about Darth Butter for your next dinner party? Or Death Star Soaps for the guest quarters?
Star Wars Pint Glasses
Your guests can belly up to the bar in style when you serve them from this set of [Read more…]
‘Tis the season… and I’m not talking about Christmas! Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios are upon us (starting TOMORROW!!), and some extra fun Star Wars themed merchandise is arriving along with them. And when that merchandise is food-related?! Well, that’s all the better!
Check out these cool R2-D2 and Darth Vader lunch bags I saw at Tatooine Traders (the store next to the Star Tours attraction in Hollywood Studios) and Writer’s Stop! I don’t remember these from last year, so while I’m not sure if they’re new, they are new to me…
Now, when I say “cool,” I do mean that I think they are neat, but these padded lunch totes are also thermal for keeping your food cold. Score.
But the best thing about them is that they have special effects!
I’m partial to the R2-D2 bag.
Part of that is because I love him, but also the effects are pretty great. When you press the indicated button on top of the bag, you suddenly hear R2’s signature beeps and boops… but, get this: his lights also flash!