We’re in Epcot checking out what’s new this week! The restaurants are busy adding some seasonal treats as well as fall flavors! Construction is moving forward on a variety of attractions! Let’s take a closer look…
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We checked out the Halloween Time eats at Award Weiners!
- Frontera Cocnia is celebrating Mexico’s Día de la Independencia.
- New Kudu Cookie Sandwiches at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodg!
- Earl of Sandwich reopens for a limited time at Disneyland!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is cashless — what does that mean?
- New pizza on the menu at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
- Check out the newest “cocktails” at Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room testing vegan fishless fish and chips.
- We spotted a Disney Skyliner gondola IN one of the stations!
- Are Oreo Bon Bons back at the clam bake at Cape May Cafe?
- We’re talking about all the Halloween Time eats at Disney California Adventure’s Cozy Cone.
- Check out the pumpkin spice paradise we found at Flo’s V-8 Cafe.
- New morning tea experience at Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room!
- We have details on the new Tailgate Tasting at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We checked out all the Halloween Time treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Reuben Spring Rolls have arrived in the Magic Kingdom!
- Check out the change in the pizza dough at Disney Resorts.
- There’s a new menu item at Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom.
- We tried the new Candied Bacon and Chicken Skewers in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Halloween Hot Dog at the Refreshment Corner in Disneyland!
- We reviewed the Haunted Firehouse Chicken Sandwich at Halloween Time.
- Breakfast options announced for Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land.
- Check out the hidden gems at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
- We have details on the price changes and expansions for the Minnie Vans.
- We reviewed California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We spotted new Halloween Time eats at the Grand Californian Hotel.
- Check out the Anti-Vampire Pizza at Halloween Time!
- You’ve got to see the Churro Cereal Bites Sundae at Disneyland’s Hungry Bear Restaurant!
- Check out the menu changes at Light Lab at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on new eats, merchandise, and more at Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed the Halloween Time eats at Pacific Wharf Cafe.
- Will you choose the Chosen One dessert at Saratoga Springs?
- New passholder discount available at two Disney Springs locations.
- We loved the Bacon Mac and Cheese French Fries in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the September Burger of the Month at The Edison.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland is home to some great Halloween Time eats!
- We checked out everything NEW at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- We spotted Pumpkin Spice Churro Balls in Disney Springs.
- We were live at Halloween Time at Disneyland!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 10 Disney Snacks Ranked!, 11 Reasons Why Your Next Disney Trip Will be Awesome, Disney World Food Tour – Everything to Eat at the Value Resorts, and Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked!
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot’s The Land Pavilion is a hidden gem to many. If you’re unfamiliar with it – it is that food court you run by while you’re on your way to Soarin’! 😀
Don’t get turned off by “food court” because there is always something good cooking here! And we made a brand new discovery! [Read more…]
The new Candy Sushi class is among several family-friendly offerings making its debut at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
Offered daily throughout the Festival — which just kicked off on August 30th and runs through November 12th — this event is held in Sunshine Seasons, which is located in The Land Pavilion in Epcot. It’s presented by Skittles® and Adventures by Disney. [Read more…]
And since our expectations are high for Sunshine Seasons — and because we’re always on the lookout for new eats! — we like to check out the pastry case here as often as possible. (Maybe we’re just making excuses to eat more desserts…) On my most recent visit, I discovered the new Turtle Brownie. And let me tell you: this is a hidden gem!
This is one indulgent treat! A layer of dense, chocolatey brownie is topped with serious. caramel. action! The layer of thick, gooey caramel on this thing was, like, half an inch thick!!!
And the whole thing is covered in chocolate frosting, pecans, and chocolate chips.
It’s true — a LOT of brownies in Disney World are dry little squares of waste-of-money. But this one? Don’t pass it by, my friends. DO NOT PASS THIS BY.
Consider bringing a brownie buddy… or just get yourself a bottle of milk, park yourself in a comfy booth, and take your time! This hidden gem is our favorite kind: sweet, delicious, and addictive!
Would you share this beautiful brownie or keep it all for yourself? Tell us in the comments!
During yesterday’s Preview for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, information was revealed for a daily Candy Sushi event! New this year, a Disney Chef will teach guests how to create their very own sweet Candy Sushi! Skittles is partnering with Adventures by Disney to present this session daily at 3:30 and 5:30 pm in Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion.
This family-friendly event will involve rolling together items like krispy treats and — of course — Skittles! Though it is anticipated to be especially popular for kids, all ages are welcome. [Read more…]
We had a case of wanderlust this week, and instead of getting out the passport and packing, we just hopped over to spend the day in Epcot. Our journey started with some time spent in Future World, followed by a trip around the World Showcase. And boy, did we find a lot new eats and buys for you on this “trip”!
Disney World’s Epcot Future World New Menu Items and Merchandise Updates
Are you and Mom spending Mother’s Day together in The Most Magical Place on Earth (Disney World) OR The Happiest Place on Earth (Disneyland)? Well, in addition to the Disney World Brunch options we’ve shared with you previously, we’ve got even more options to add, including specialty snacks and additional Brunches in Disney World, AND special meal options in Disneyland!
Disney World Parks
Sunshine Seasons will serve a Mother’s Day Dessert with raspberry mousse and lemon cake topped with a Swiss buttercream rose and fondant pearls on Mother’s Day.
But if you’re at Epcot a bit earlier, find a vanilla Mother’s Day Cupcake with raspberry white chocolate mousse and pink icing at Fountain View from May 11 – 13.