Father’s Day is TOMORROW and Disney World has a plethora of limited-time cupcakes to celebrate the special occasion! We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite Father’s Day Cupcakes you can find around property.
WOW! Our latest visit to Epcot was packed with new finds! We caught up on all of the construction progress in the park, found new menu items, enjoyed some adorable sweet treats, and added more Disney items to our must-buy list!
Take a park tour with us to catch up on all that is new in Epcot!
The first quarter of 2019 is complete, and it’s time to get down to business. Of course, we mean cupcakes and the business of our 2019 Cupcake Crawl! But let’s address the buttercream in the room: with only three months under our (cupcake-filled) belts, we’re going to need to come back in a few months with a some new additions — so be on the lookout for the summer’s updated crawl! 😉
Come along as we list cupcakes you’ve got to try (so far!!) in 2019!
Peanut Butter Crunch Cupcake
Our first entry in the Cupcake Crawl is a little loaded, and that’s because it’s an old favorite with a slightly new look (and taste!). The Peanut Butter Crunch Cupcake (a/k/a the Butterfinger Cupcake) has been a DFB favorite for years. The chocolate cake filled with dense chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter frosting and crushed Butterfinger really worked for our PB&C obsession. But in January of this year… the Peanut Butter Crunch Cupcake disappeared from Trolley Car Cafe! (Read more about that here!) And when it returned recently, the cupcake had a whole new look.
Gone is the massive mountain of frosting covered in plentiful Butterfinger bits, replaced by a moderately sized pile of frosting covered in Butterfinger bits. Gone (maybe?) is the dense chocolate filling — now it’s more of a chocolate sauce filling. [Read more…]
It’s officially spring, and Epcot is hoppin’ as the 2019 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival continues! But that’s not the only thing going on in this changing park… We checked out all of the construction, found some new merchandise, spotted some new food, and even more along the way!
We’ll start this week’s visit out in World Showcase where there are two Flower and Garden Festival updates.
The Land Pavilion’s Sunshine Seasons is one of the “Additional Locations” for specialty food options during the 2019 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. This category recognizes specialty items that are available for the Festival, but are not located at the event’s Outdoor Kitchen Food Booths.
The specialty item at Sunshine Seasons is the Earl Grey Tea Cake with Orange-Honey Filling topped with Honeybell Tangelo Buttercream, Honeycomb, and Bee Pollen. [Read more…]
March 6th is fast approaching… and, since it’s the first day of the 2019 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, that’s great news! And today, we have a look at a newly announced food addition coming to the Festival.
You may remember the surprise dessert at Sunshine Seasons in honor of the Festival of the Arts — this thing stole the show! Well, Sunshine Seasons will BEE back at it for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival when it will serve up the Earl Grey Tea Cake with Orange-Honey Filling topped with Honeybell Tangelo Buttercream, Honeycomb, and Bee Pollen! Take a look! [Read more…]
As Epcot’s Festival of the Arts prepares to close on February 25 signs the Flower and Garden Festival opening on March 6 are popping up! Our latest visit to Epcot saw some Flower and Garden food booths and topiaries being set up. But, that isn’t all, we also saw some construction progress, new merchandise, and some awesome chalk art!
We’ll start out with some Festival of the Arts chalk art — and deals!
Every visit to Epcot is filled with construction updates, new food, and fun merchandise — and this visit to Epcot is jam-packed with new food (including gluten-free snacks, chocolate covered pretzels,and more), the cutest and sweetest smelling merchandise, and progress on new rides, restaurants, and the Skyliner.
After spending some time with our new BFF Pinocchio, we walked the park — here’s what we found!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
It’s time for another festival to start! Check out all the details on the 2019 Epcot Festival of the Arts, which started January 18 and runs through February 25, including FULL menus and lots of food photos! Be sure to check out our Best of the Fest!
And we’re starting to see those Disney World Skyliner cables being tested with test gondolas! Thanks to Rob S. for sending this picture! You can also see a video of these in progress here on our instagram channel!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Peter Pan’s Flight has reopened at the Magic Kingdom.
- Newest Krakatoa Souvenir Glass available at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
- We reviewed the new Chocolate Covered Raspberry Hearts in Disneyland.
- The Annual Passholder exclusive Steamboat Willie Popcorn Bucket is sold out in Disneyland. We covered their arrival too!
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day at STK Orlando in Disney Springs.
- We’re celebrating Super Bowl Weekend with a huge sale at the DFB Store.
- We checked out what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We reviewed Italian classics at Il Mulino at the Walt Disney World Swan.
- Check out the updates coming to Mobile Order on both coasts.
- AristoCrepes celebrated “Day of the Crepe” with a limited time special.
- We shared photos and video of the Disney Skyliner gondola testing.
- Check out the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar Cake at Amorette’s Patisserie.
- We reviewed Loaded Fries and Loaded Mac ‘N’ Cheese at Chicken Guy! in Disney Springs.
- Beaches and Cream is closing for a refurbishment this summer.
- We checked out what’s new at Epcot.
- A new Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket arrived in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Hot Diggity Dog of the Month at Casey’s Corner.
- We shared when Tangaroa Terrace might reopen at Disneyland.
- Check out our review of the Get Your Ears On specialty eats at Alien Pizza Planet.
- We checked out the vegan cupcake at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.
- We spotted some cute door hangers at Disney World.
- Check out the behind-the-scenes construction for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- We spotted a cute Alien Straw Clip at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- New Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge books will share more details of the new land. And even some hints about Oga’s Cantina!
- New Minnie Donut Ears have arrived at Disney World. And they were part of a V.I.Passholder event.
- Disney V.I.Passholder nights are returning to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.
- We spotted reusable shopping bags in Epcot, Disney World Resort Hotels, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea are returning in 2020.
- We shared what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Polite Pig is now selling bottles of its signature sauces.
- We reviewed the Burning Love Churro at Disneyland.
- You can celebrate Valentine’s Day with bacon at The Edison in Disney Springs.
- We know when you can buy the new Trader Sam’s Dress and Zombie Head Purse.
- Check out the new Disney Parks tumblers at Starbucks.
- We shared what’s new at the Magic Kingdom.
- We reviewed the new menu items at Kona Cafe at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- We shared our review of the Bavarian Pretzel at Disneyland’s Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- Check out the list of all the grocery stores selling the Mickey Ice Cream Bars.
- We shared details on the new $12,000 World of Dreams VIP tour at Disney World.
- Check out the new acts announced for the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
- We checked out what’s new in Epcot.
- A case of Hepatitis-A was confirmed at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue.
- A new Outdoor Kitchen food booth was announced for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
- A new Disney Princess breakfast is coming to the Disneyland Hotel.
- We shared details on the new (and sold out!) Steamboat Willie Popcorn Bucket.
- We checked out what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We reported on gondola testing for the Disney Skyliner.
- We reviewed the Get Your Ears on Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel.
- We reviewed two new cookies for Disneyland’s Get Your Ears On Celebration.
- The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin announced its Championship Package.
- We reviewed dinner at Garden Grill in Epcot.
- We spotted Disney food pillows!
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Ultimate Guide to the 2019 Disney Dining Plan, 25 Disney World Snacks You Can’t Miss in 2019, 7 Disney World Resolutions for 2019, and 8 Ways Disney Stays Ahead of Their Competition.
New DFB Video — 25 Disney World Snacks You Can’t Miss in 2019
Sunshine Seasons is one of our favorite quick service dining spots in Epcot. Located in Future World’s Land pavilion, Sunshine Seasons is known for serving up some fresh options that come right out of Living with the Land’s greenhouses, and we’ve found some great vegetarian and vegan options here over the years.
And now there’s a little sweet love for those who eat a plant-based diet: a Vegan Cupcake! [Read more…]