Purchase the new limited edition Pineapple Corkcicle for $35.00, and sip your Dole Whip Froscato from it for free! (You can see the offer for yourself by visiting @winebargeorge on Instagram.) [Read more…]
If you’ve purchased (or acquired free!) the Disney Dining Plan for your next Walt Disney World vacation, you’re probably wondering how to maximize the Plan, getting the best and most satisfying food for your DDP dollar. The value of a Quick Service meal includes the cost, of course, but also the quality of the food and other variables like how it can save you credits, cash, time, or stress. We take all of those bits into consideration when we bring you our recommendations for DDP Quick Service values.
Here we take a look at nine of the best Quick Service values on the Disney Dining Plan!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
Booking is NOW OPEN for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! Find out EVERYTHING you need to know about the festival on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival pages!
Pixar Fest is ON at Disneyland Resort! This fun festival runs through September 3! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- The booths for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival are going UP in Epcot!
- We shared a HUGE 2018 Disney World Holiday Preview, featuring new events, food, and merchandise for the 2018 holiday season!
- A DFB Follower spotted a Dole Whip Cupcake at All Star Music Resort!
- The Winnie the Pooh Dooney & Bourke purses are sold out, but here’s where you can find them when they come back in stock!
- New additions announced for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- We’re talking about our best selling DFB Guides – and having a huge sale!
- There’s a new Blended Horchata at Disneyland’s Rancho del Zocalo!
- Check out The Basket at Wine Bar George in Disney Springs.
- Mickey Check Meals at Disney World have been renamed.
- Epcot’s Restaurant Marrakesh has added new items to the menu!
- We know the name of the new waterfront bar and grill at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
- There’s a new Rainbow Unicorn Cupcake at Disneyland’s Jolly Holiday Bakery!
- A menu item has already been nixed from the lunch and dinner menu at Woody’s Lunch Box!
- We have a sneak peek of merchandise for the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We spotted these super cute baby moccasins featuring Disney Halloween treats!
- Check out this recipe from Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure.
- Casey’s Corner celebrated National Hot Dog Day in a BIG way!
- Wine Bar George hosted a wine tasting this week.
- A new Rivers of Light Dessert Party is coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Family style dining is coming to Pizzfari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We checked out what’s NEW at the Magic Kingdom and All Star Sports Resort!
- We shared updates on the Seminars and Demonstrations at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- New DFB YouTube videos: Things in Disney World That Just Aren’t As Good As They Used to Be, Food Tour of Disney Springs Town Center, 6 Reasons to Visit Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Even If You Aren’t Staying There), .
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Things in Disney World That Just Aren’t As Good As They Used to Be
Let’s say you’re in Disney Springs and you really want to try some of the wine and cuisine at Wine Bar George.
The Basket at Wine Bar George
But you’ve only got a limited amount of time to spend in Disney Springs. That’s where The Basket at Wine Bar George comes in!
The Basket offers a Quick Service component to Wine Bar George — the new wine bar in Disney Springs headed by none other than Master Sommelier George Miliotes. This spot boasts everything you could want to create a picnic “basket” inspired by a Master Sommelier… including wines on tap served by carafe or by the glass!
Let’s find out what’s in The Basket!
The atmosphere is… well, quite simple!
The Basket is essentially a Counter Service window, tucked right underneath the upstairs outdoor terrace seating of Wine Bar George.
Wine Bar George is set to open in a matter of days in Disney Springs!
Guests will be welcome to visit the wine bar starting at 5:00 pm on Saturday, May 19th.
The next day, May 20th, the wine bar will begin operating for what will be its regular daily hours of 11:00 am to 2:00 am.
The opening of Wine Bar George will mark the debut of the only wine bar in the Sunshine State owned by a Master Sommelier — that, of course, is George Miliotes!
Wine Bar George will be opening soon in The Landing of Disney Springs. We’ve been eagerly eyeing construction of this spot pretty much ever since it was announced! After all, it was big news when it was revealed that Wine Bar George would be coming to Disney Springs, as it is headed up by Master Sommelier George Miliotes.
Though we’re anxiously awaiting the opening date to be announced, we do have some news that we can share right now… The Basket at Wine Bar George has just popped up on the Disney World website! [Read more…]