If you’ve purchased (or acquired free!) the Disney Dining Plan for your next Walt Disney World vacation, you’re probably wondering how to maximize the Plan, getting the best and most satisfying food for your DDP dollar. The value of a Quick Service meal includes the cost, of course, but also the quality of the food and other variables like how it can save you credits, cash, time, or stress. We take all of those bits into consideration when we bring you our recommendations for DDP Quick Service values.
Remember earlier this week when we reported there were new menu items at Disney Springs? Well we couldn’t resist trying a few of them as soon as possible! Today we stopped by The Polite Pig to sample some of their latest offerings.
On our list for today were the Burnt Ends BBQ Meatballs, the Seasonal Side, the Bee’s Knees Cocktail, and the Red Velvet Cake…of course we had to get dessert! 🙂
There’s a brand new, fun, and interactive store in Disney Springs as well as a ton of other changes! See everything we found this week!
With so many eateries in Disney Springs, there is always something new with the FOOD in Disney World’s shopping, dining, and entertainment district. So today we’re peeking at a few menus to check out some recent changes!
A stop at The Polite Pig in Town Center reveals LOTS of new items including Burnt Ends BBQ Meatballs, a Smoked Turkey BLT, and Smoked Turkey Breast among entrée options. Caesar Salad is a new side, and be sure to ask about the Seasonal Side which will feature the “chef’s whim!” [Read more…]
Want to take home some of the tastes of The Polite Pig in Disney Springs? Now you can, as some of The Polite Pig’s signature sauces are now available for purchase!
At this time, the bottled sauces are only available at the Disney Springs location, but we noticed that The Polite Pig, in responding to comments on their Instagram, stated that the sauces may be available online soon, too! [Read more…]
The diversity of visitors to Walt Disney World knows no bounds — and with those diverse visitors comes an infinite number of dietary preferences and requirements. We hear from loads of readers with different food needs, and we hear you loud and clear! And with 2019 beginning, we know a lot of you are looking to the popular keto diet to help keep your New Year’s Resolutions!
So we’re here with tips and recommendations for a ketogenic diet (commonly called keto).
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the new artwork that was released for the Storybook Dining with Snow White at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- We’re happy to share that Bing Bong has finally arrived at Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff on Pixar Pier!
- We shared what’s new at Epcot this week!
- We checked out the classic and unique snacks at Heritage Manor Gifts in Epcot’s American Adventure Pavilion.
- See how the Germany Pavilion Train Village celebrates the Epcot Festival of the Holidays.
- We spotted Maple Bourbon Eggnog at The Polite Pig in Disney Springs!
- Check out what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this week.
- We have details on the Holiday Sweater Passholder Get Together in Disney Springs!
- Check out everything new that we found at Animal Kingdom this week.
- We shared details on the New Year’s Eve celebration at The Edison in Disney Springs.
- Check out the new cooking class available at Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- We shared details on the discount coupon available at Satu’li Canteen in Pandora in the Animal Kingdom.
- Check out what’s new in the Magic Kingdom this week!
- We spotted new Starbucks Tumblers in Epcot.
- There’s a new Spaceship Earth Krispy Treat at Epcot’s Fountain View!
- Check out the new ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ meet-and-greet in Epcot!
- We shared the latest construction updates from Disney’s Animal Kingdom! And, more construction updates from Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom!
- Chef José Andrés has been nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.
- The new Mickey 90 Ears are available in Disney Springs.
- We reviewed dinner at Jiko in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- Check out the ugly sweater and matching pajama events in Disney Springs.
- We shared a photo tour of the new exit at Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom.
- The hot holiday drink mug has returned to the Magic Kingdom!
- Tokyo Disney Resort is building a new Toy Story Hotel.
- The name was announced for the new rooftop restaurant at the Gran Destino Tower.
- We shared details on the Sip and Savor Pass at the Disney California Adventure Festival of Holidays.
- Check out the opening date for the new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs.
- We shared our favorite merchandise from the Epcot Festival of the Holidays.
- Check out the seasonal treats and gingerbread display at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs.
- The gingerbread display at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is up for this season.
- We reviewed the Meatball Sub and White Pizza at the BoardWalk Pizza Window.
- We reviewed some new eats at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- New DFB YouTube videos: New Disney Dishes that We Loved (And One That We Didn’t), Review of Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, Changes and Updates Just Announced for the Disney Parks, and Tour of the 2018 Disney World Gingerbread Displays.
New DFB Video — Changes and Updates Just Announced for the Disney Parks
Have a hankering for some festive holiday spirits? Look no further than Disney Springs’ The Polite Pig, where they’ve got spirit in the form of Maple Bourbon Eggnog!
We caught wind of this delicious-sounding combo via The Polite Pig’s Instagram, and now we’ve got a craving for maple. And bourbon. And eggnog. Happy holidays, indeed, with this flavorful combination!
Are you a fan of burgers and gelato or BBQ and bourbon? We’re comparing and contrasting two great restaurants over in Disney Springs and it’s tough to choose which one wins! D-Luxe Burger is all about those gourmet burgers and artisanal shakes (not to mention the secret menu!) and Polite Pig features that modern BBQ, a bourbon bar and amazing desserts! Which one is right for you? Let’s talk about it in our latest Disney World Restaurant Throwdown!