We’re in Magic Kingdom today to bring you What’s New! We’ll be exploring food and menu updates, construction progress, and a few pieces of fun merchandise! Let’s “enter the world of” What’s New!
Greetings from the Magic Kingdom! We have plenty of updates for you from our most recent visit including tons of new merchandise, construction updates, and more. Lots is happening at MK — including new sweet treats!
So let’s get started, shall we?
Mickey’s 90th birthday celebrations continue in the Magic Kingdom with Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration. We spotted the return of the festive looking Mickey Confetti Pretzel on our visit to the park this week as well as new menu items, new merchandise, and construction updates.
Before you even enter the park you’ll find some ongoing construction at the park entrance area.
The Magic Kingdom has surprised us with new treats joining Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration on March 1! We’re familiar with one that made its debut over Mickey’s 90th birthday weekend, but the rest are new, starting with the Mickey and Minnie Waffle Sundae!
Who doesn’t love ice cream when it comes with Mickey and Minnie (!!!) Waffles? This confetti-topped vanilla ice cream sundae is drizzled with chocolate sauce, and topped off with whipped cream and a cherry. Look for the Mickey and Minnie Waffle Sundae at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. (Minnie makes an adorable waffle, doesn’t she?)
Happy Greetings from Magic Kingdom! This visit found sweet treats for your sweetheart, purple treats, savory spring rolls, new chips, the closure of a favorite ride, a pretty sparkly gift card, plus more!
Let’s jump in! Where else do you start a visit to the Magic Kingdom but in the oh-so-sweet Main Street Confectionery!!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Disney Springs Area Resort Hotels extend guest benefits through 2019!
- Registration is now open for pasta making demonstrations at Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Annual Passholders enjoyed Super Saturday at Disney Springs!
- New pizza window opens in Epcot’s Italy Pavilion!
- Check out the new Disney After Hours dates for the Magic Kingdom event.
- New breakfast menu posted at Pongu Pongu in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Teachers and students can get free cupcakes at Sprinkles.
- Celebrate your Un-Birthday with a new milkshake in the Magic Kingdom.
- We reviewed the NEW Galaxy Loaded Fries at Cosmic Ray’s!
- Check out the photo tour of the HalloWishes Dessert Party in the Magic Kingdom!
- We’re talking about the Flatbread of the Month and a new mug at Pinocchio Village Haus.
- We spotted a Mickey Mouse Macaron and more at Amorette’s Patisserie!
- Check out the new make-your-own-art experiences at the BoardWalk.
- New menu items debut at Prince Eric’s Village Market in the Magic Kingdom!
- We have the latest updates about construction at the Magic Kingdom, including Club 33!
- There is a new secret menu item at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
- We have the latest menu updates and more from the Value Resorts!
- Check out the new wine glass painting class at AbracadaBar on the BoardWalk.
- We have dining updates for hotels at Disneyland Resort.
- Is the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs getting a new name?
- Check out our Food and Wine Dooney & Bourke giveaway!
- We have a new food hack at the Grand Floridian Cafe.
- We checked out the new menu items at Tortuga Tavern in the Magic Kingdom!
- Celebrate fall with WonderFall Flavors at Disney Springs.
- Check out the new fall inspired menu items at The Polite Pig in Disney Springs.
- The artwork has been revealed for the new Centertown Market at Caribbean Beach Resort.
- New fall cupcakes and treats have arrived at several Disney World Resort Hotels.
- Halloween-themed refillable resort mugs are now available at Disney World.
- Casey’s Corner is now serving a Vegan Slaw Dog!
- Check out our latest tips from the DFB Guide to the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Check out the special fall rates at the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Food Tour of Disney World’s Yacht and Beach Club, 13 Cool Things You Might Not Have Noticed at Disney World, Typhoon Lagoon Food Tour, and Chicken Guy! in Disney Springs Review.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: 13 Cool Things You Might Not Have Noticed at Disney World
AAAAARRR ya ready to go back to Tortuga Tavern?
This seasonally open spot in Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland serves grub to hungry pirates. But because it is open sporadically, you never know exactly what you’ll find on the menu.
For a long time, Tortuga Tavern served up Mexican fare, then switched to a BBQ-based menu. These days, it’s relying primarily on park classics to serve the crowds. You’ll find Hot Dogs and Turkey Legs among the fare.
But I was still in for a couple of small surprises on my last visit. And the rule is, if you find Tortuga Tavern open during your visit, you should at least take a quick glance at the menu… and a quick look around, too!
The main reason it’s fun to stop by Tortuga Tavern is because of its all-things-pirate-y theme in keeping with its location directly across from the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
Just enter under the Jolly Roger… [Read more…]
Hello, lords and ladies, and welcome to What’s New at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom! Summer is in full swing here, and with the changing of the seasons comes some seasonal eats, some fun merchandise, a bit o’ construction, and a moment of zen. Come along!
Magic Kingdom Menus & Eats
At Casey’s Corner on Main Street, U.S.A., the dog of the month is the Casey’s Classic. We reviewed this back when it was called the Breakfast Dog! It’s loaded with hash browns, cheddar cheese, bacon, onion straws, and a chipotle ranch drizzle.
Welcome to the worlds of Tomorrow, Yesterday, and Fantasy — Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom! We’re bringing you What’s New in the ol’ MK — from Spring Break week, y’all!