The Holiday Season will officially kick off at Disneyland Resort on November 9, 2018!
Happy Sunday and Happy Thanksgiving weekend! We hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday with family and friends! We have a lot of news to share this week and we also have details on the biggest sale of the year at the DFB Store!
The Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure is happening too, and we have all the details, including all the booth menus and food photos!
And, it’s time to pre-order the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Eat THIS at the Epcot Festival of the Holidays!
- Check out the menus for the Holiday Kitchens at the Epcot Festival of the Holidays.
- Check out these Gingerbread Funnel Cake Fries at Disney California Advenutre!
- The Epcot Festival of the Arts menus are here!
- We have more photos of the food at Disneyland’s Festival of Holidays.
- The Ale & Compass Restaurant at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is open!
- The 2017 gingerbread display at Disney’s Beach Club Resort is up!
- Check out all this amazing Disney Stuff you really need!
- Check out the holiday eats at Disneyland Resort.
- The gingerbread house is up at Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa.
- We have a first look at the Ale & Compass Lounge at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- Check out the special menus for ¡Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure.
- Breakfast with Santa is coming to T-Rex Cafe in Disney Springs!
- New DFB YouTube videos: Everything You Must Know about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, How to Make Your Disney Trip Stress-Free, and a Food Tour at Epcot’s Japan Pavilion.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go. [Read more…]
While you’re checking out ALL THE FOOD around the Festive Foods Marketplace for Disneyland’s Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure, you might also want to be on the lookout for additional offerings around Paradise Pier!
In celebration of ¡Viva Navidad! throughout the Festival, look for outdoor vending stops offering items such as Elote (street-style corn with mayonnaise, parmesan cheese and tajin — AAAAH SO GOOOOD), Horchata (a sweet rice beverage with vanilla and cinnamon), Jamaica (traditional sweetened hibiscus tea), Chicharrón (a puffed wheat wagon wheel served with tapatio and lime wedges), and Strawberry Paleta.
Additionally, Paradise Garden Grill is serving a special seasonal menu until the Festival ends on January 7, 2018. Selections include a Trio of Street Tacos with carnitas, carne asada, and chicken, House-made Pozole, a Torta al Pastor served on a soft telera roll, and beverages including Sangria. You can check out the full menu here on our Festival of Holidays Menu Page.
It’s one of our favorite weeks of the year! As we set our tables with Thanksgiving feasts, Disney World visitors will find holiday menus and treats around every corner. One of our awesome finds this week — the Hidden Mickey Cupcake at the Contemporary Resort!
And with a new restaurant coming soon to Epcot, plus updated dining venues on the Disney Magic, we’re celebrating this week of Disney Food news.
Craving more details? Click on the links below!
Disney Food News
- Festive holiday snacks, including a Five Legged Goat Krispy Treat, made their debut at the Contemporary Resort’s Gingerbread Tree display in Disney World this week!
- A new restaurant — Spice Road Table — will be opening soon in Epcot’s Morocco pavilion.
- Disney World’s dining discount program, Tables in Wonderland, is offering complimentary valet parking at Downtown Disney Orlando during the holiday season!
- Check out the new Viva Navidad at Disneyland Resort this holiday season!
- Disney Cruise Line recently unveiled the renovated ship — Disney Magic! Taking the place of Parrot Cay, Carioca’s restaurant serves South American specialties!A brand new Royal Court Royal Tea is now being served aboard the Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Fantasy!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures!
DFB Reader Finds
Paula sent us a treat via Facebook: “Fruit tart from Boardwalk Bakery – perfect pastry cream, fresh fruit and a Mickey macaron! Very chic.” Indeed!!
Send your Disney Food Finds!
The “DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2013″!
Tis the season for the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World® Holidays 2013 e-Book!
And since we want you to save some cash right NOW, we have a steep discount for DFB readers (as always!). Get the brand new guide today for $3 off the regular purchase price for a limited time! How? Use code JINGLE at the check-out!
The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2013 e-Book features 270 pages of all the info you need to know before you head to Walt Disney World for the holiday season, including NEW events and holiday happenings, over 250 photos, and an informative FAQ section. It includes:
- Detailed descriptions and photos of every holiday event and activity happening at the parks and resorts this year — including tips on how to make the best use of your time and money when visiting!
- A fully comprehensive holiday dining section with listings of holiday snacks, treats, meals, and menu items offered this year — from popcorn kiosks all the way to Signature Restaurants.
- A clickable 3-Month Schedule of Holiday Events so you can see at-a-glance what looks interesting to you.
- Comprehensive listings — with color photos! — of Disney Resort holiday decor and gingerbread displays
- Our recommendations on ways to SAVE while you’re in Disney World this holiday season.
- A section dedicated to all “New for 2013” events, dining options, and activities.
- NEW Scavenger Hunts
- NEW Disney Cruise Line Chapter
- A Preview of the 2014 Holidays in Disney World
- And more!
For more detailed information and sample pages from The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2013, head over to the DFB Store!
And if you want an even BETTER deal, snap up our DFB Holiday Bundle! This includes the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays AND our original DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013!
With a 100% 30-day, money-back guarantee on all of our guides, you have nothing to lose! 🙂 Find more great DFB Disney Dining Guidebooks at DFBStore.com!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix showcases Pixar mugs! I LOVE THESE!!!!!
disZine reports on the very successful sales of Disney-branded food.
Main Street Gazette dines at Boatwright’s in the Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
Walt Disney World For Grown Ups loves the Holiday Cupcakes at Disney World!
Tara’s Multicultural Table visited the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
babble shares cheese and wine pairings inspired by Disney characters.
This year Disney California Adventure is featuring a brand new holiday festival called Viva Navidad. It showcases Latino holiday traditions with music, food, and fun!
The colorful celebration has taken over the Paradise Garden area of Disney California Adventure and has some really fabulous food offerings now through January 6, 2014.
I recently visited the new snack cart, which is located just to the left of Goofy’s Sky School.
Here you can find a handful of authentic Mexican treats that make for a perfect snack while watching the Viva Navidad Street Party. The menu features three traditional snacks as well as Abuelita Hot Chocolate, assorted Coca Cola Beverages and some specialty cotton candy.
My absolute favorite item were the Bunuelos with Cajeta. I was lucky enough to try these delicious little crisps [Read more…]