The Smokehouse – Barbecues and Brews: 2014 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
Head to the American Adventure Courtyard for the barbecue and brews at The Smokehouse — a fan favorite! Bacon cupcakes debuted this year and were a sell-out on the first morning!
- Pulled pig slider with cole slaw
- Smoked beef brisket with collard greens and jalapeño corn bread
- Smoked turkey “rib” (TRYit! Selection)
- “Piggylicious” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch featuring Nueske’s® Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Magic Hat #9, Magic Hat Brewing (South Burlington, Vermont)
- Maduro, Cigar City Brewing (Tampa, Florida)
- Fat Tire, New Belgium Brewing Company (Ft. Collins, Colorado)
- Billy’s Chilies, Twisted Pine Brewing Company (Boulder, Colorado)
- Beer Flight – Magic Hat #9, Maduro, Fat Tire and Billy’s Chilies
- The Original Rib Shack Red Wine
You know the aroma from the smoker is mouthwatering!
Use your Disney Dining Plan snack credits on any of the food items!
Like a mini turkey leg (but less greasy), the Smoked Turkey “Rib” has fairly mild seasoning. If you like, grab hot BBQ or sweet sauce for dipping.
The huge Smokehouse Slider is absolutely delicious with a nice, vinegar tasting slaw!
The brisket is a good choice with a pleasant fat-to-meat ratio. There’s a kick of spice from the jalapeno in the hot, sweet cornbread. We loved this menu item!
Let’s dig in to the Piggylicious Cupcake. You’ll immediately finds lots of salty, smoky bacon and the bacon is definitely flavoring the cake. The frosting (possibly maple cream cheese) was somewhat grainy from the sugar, while the cake base was less sweet than normal yellow cake. All together it really works though. It tastes like a pancake breakfast with bacon on the side. This is a great surprise. We were not impressed with the pretzels on top; recommend taking them off to dip in the frosting!
We have all the menu items on our 2014 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Index Page!