Time to dig into another delicious dish at Raglan Road!
Raglan Road Irish Pub
The authentic Irish pub, located at Downtown Disney in Orlando, is one of our favorite spots for its warm atmosphere and fantastic live entertainment. But the food is incredible too. Fans obviously agree that it’s the total package — the pub was awarded Best Restaurant honors by Orlando Magazine earlier this year.
And Chef Kevin Dundon has knocked it out of the park on this one. (Well, he does that quite often, but that’s beside the point.) I first had Smokie City — a chunky, hot, cheesy dip that features potatoes and the rich flavors of smoked fish — at the recent Signature Dinner that I attended at Raglan Road. Chef Kevin was on hand to present each course, and while they were all first rate, this one was my favorite. I loved it so much that I made it for a recent family dinner!
And after you read about it, I think you’re going to want to make it, too. So here’s the recipe!
Smoked Haddock, Potato, Tomato, and Vintage Dubliner Cheddar Bake
If you can’t find smoked haddock, go for an all-natural, firm smoked fish such as cod or coley. I also used Irish cheddar cheese.
1 tablespoon olive oil
18 oz naturally smoked haddock, skin removed and diced
1 large potato, diced into small cubes
7 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
3 spring onions, chopped
4 oz creme fraiche
3/4 cup cream
4 oz (1 cup) aged cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the haddock pieces for approximately 2 minutes. Add the potato, tomatoes, spring onions, creme fraiche, and cream, and cook for a further 8-10 minutes on a lower simmering heat. Remove from the heat. Season lightly and add half of the cheese to melt in the infused cream.
3. Divide the mixture between 4 ramekin dishes or crock pots. Sprinkle the top with the cheddar cheese and place in the oven until the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
4. Serve with some nice crusty bread or a salad. (We scooped the cheesy, bubbly goodness with crostini at the restaurant and my house. That’s what I would recommend.)
Fantastic! Now I want to make it again!
Raglan Road Signature Dinner on June 19th
And now, for fans of Raglan Road who love their Signature Dinners, we have word today of the next one coming up!
On Thursday, June 19, join Celebrity Chef Kevin Dundon for a fun filled evening celebrating the official beginning of summer!
The Summer Solstice has been celebrated by people throughout the ages. As the longest day of the year, it’s traditionally heralded as the year’s first harvest, as crops planted during the spring are gathered. These days, the event is marked by festivals, fairs, and other celebrations.
Chef Kevin and the staff at Raglan Road will celebrate with a special five course dinner, complete with wine pairings, that celebrate the bounty of the season. The menu will include:
- Date: Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Time: 6:30 p.m.
- Cost: $95 per person, plus tax and gratuity
- Attire: smart casual
Tables in Wonderland discounts apply.
If you’re interested in attending, call 407-938-0300 to book your spot — they always go quickly!
It looks like a fun and delicious evening!
Will you be making Smokie City yourself at home, or will you be attending Raglan Road’s Summer Solstice Signature Dinner? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Recipe from the book I’d Ate the Back Door Buttered Ma!: Inside America’s Favorite Irish Pub