Those lovable pooches, Lady and the Tramp, will celebrate their 60th Anniversary next week! And they still look so young!
And to kick off the event the right way, D23, the official Disney Fan Club, will be launching their very first Fanniversary, Home Edition.
If it sounds like big fun to you, then head over to the D23 website for more details. There, you can find everything you need to create your very own Lady and the Tramp Anniversary Celebration in the comfort of your own home — including invitations, decorations, crafts, and games. They even have great recipes in case you need menu inspiration.
To join in the party, tune in to social media the weekend of June 12-14, when D23 will share new and classic content about the film. If you’d like, you can also join in the largest Lady and the Tramp viewing party, ever! Just cue up the film on Saturday, June 13, at 5:00PM PDT and watch. Use the hashtag #D23Fanniversary to share with other fans. During the party, D23 will be live tweeting fun facts, commentary, and questions for the audience.
Speaking of, we’re excited to share the perfect drink for your Lady and the Tramp Party. Check out this delicious mix for Bella Notte Sangria, which you can make with or without alcohol!
It’s the perfect drink to toast this animated classic.
Bella Notte Sangria
Ingredients:For Non-Alcoholic Version:
2 cups orange juice
2 cups pineapple juice
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 Lime, sliced into rounds
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1 apple, diced into chunks
2 cups lemon-lime soda
For Alcoholic Version, Add:
4 cups Chianti
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
1. Wash all fruits thoroughly, especially the apple. Leave peels on for color.
2. In a large pitcher, stir the orange and pineapple juices together. If making the version with spirits, add in chianti, brandy, and triple sec, and stir well.
3. Add fresh fruits into the pitcher and cover tightly.
4. Refrigerate at least 3 hours but preferably overnight for up to 24 hours. This allows the fruit to soak up the liquids.
5. Just before serving, add lemon-lime soda. Serve in glasses over ice.
So mix up a pitcher (or two) of Bella Notte Sangria, and be sure to use and follow the hashtag #D23Fanniversary to share with other fans!
Will you be joining in the D23 Fanniversary honoring Lady and the Tramp? Leave a comment and let us know!