Step aside egg nog & hot cocoa!
Disney is helping us get into the holiday spirit with a recipe for House-Made Horchata.
Horchata is a drink made from rice with its foundation in Spanish and Latin American cultures. You can find the House-Made Horchata at Merry Mashups for the 2019 Festival of Holidays in Disney California Adventure!
The recipe is non-alcoholic and serves 1 to 2.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Dollop whipped cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in a container and cover with a lid.
- Allow to sit, in the refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in a large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup and stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.
This sounds super yummy! You can learn more about the House-Made Horchata and Merry Mashups here!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Check out more Disneyland Food Reviews Here!!
Have you tried Horchata around Disneyland Resort? Let us know!