We’ve got an awesome disney recipe straight from Walt Disney World you guys can try out at home!
Our friends over at D23 shared this sweet treat that you can find near the Boardwalk Inn and Suites.
They’ve pulled a recipe out of Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition, a cookbook that takes the food we know and love from the parks and the cruise line and allows you to make them in your very own home. This recipe comes from Trattoria Al Forno on the Boardwalk.
For dessert, Trattoria offers up Roasted White Chocolate Budino for $8.00. This is a creamy custard-like treat that positively melts in your mouth.
The Budino served at Trattoria Al Forno comes with an Amaretti Cookie, which the recipe is nice enough to give instructions for as well so you can pair the two for the true experience.
1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
1 cup whole milk, divided
1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
When serving the Budino, it is recommended to pair it with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Our mouths are watering at the thought of enjoying this varied dessert. If you want to be able to make this and many more delicious recipes from around the parks and cruise liners, you can check out Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition.
Looking for more recipes? Check out more of the disney recipes that you can make right from your own home!!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you ever tried the Budino at Trattoria Al Forno or have you made any of the Disney recipes in your very own home? Let us know down in the comments!