Since reopening, Disney World has maintained limited capacity in restaurants across property.
During the initial stage of Disney World’s reopening, maximum restaurant capacity was limited based on the state government’s reopening plan. However, since Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has announced that the state is now in Phase 3 of reopening, restaurants are no longer subject to capacity restrictions.
Florida entered Phase 3 of reopening on September 25th, and in the previous Phase 2 of reopening, restaurant capacity limitations were set at 50%.
Phase 3 will also allow locations such as bars, pubs, and nightclubs which earn more than 50% of sales from alcohol to operate at full capacity.
There have been concerns raised about the decision to move Florida to Phase 3 of reopening. Dr. Anthony Fauci is among those who have questioned the move, calling it “very concerning.” And despite the state moving into Phase 3 of reopening, Disney has noted that they would not be making any immediate changes as a result of this transition.
With the potential for increased capacity on the horizon, we wanted to know how our readers are feeling. So, we asked our followers on Instagram, “Would you go to Disney World restaurants right now if they raised capacity to 100%?” And while 34% said yes, the other 66% said no.
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons our readers gave behind their responses!
“Yes, I would go to a Disney World restaurant at 100% capacity.”
Of those who responded, 34% said yes, they would dine at a Disney World restaurant at 100% capacity right now. Some mentioned that they’ve seen other precautionary measures in place in restaurants. “Where I live, restaurants are allowed at 100%. I feel safe with the glass up.”
Others mentioned that they aren’t concerned with the risk. “I’m younger and no underlying health conditions so I’m not afraid of COVID.”
We asked our readers: Do you think Space 220 will open by the end of the year? Here’s what they said.
“No, I wouldn’t go to a Disney World restaurant at 100% capacity.”
Making up the majority of respondents, 66% said no, they wouldn’t go to a Disney World restaurant operating at full capacity right now. Many in this group pointed out the additional risks posed in an indoor dining setting. “I don’t want to be right next to someone while they are eating, talking, laughing, coughing, etc.”
Others mentioned that they and their loved ones have health concerns which makes them unable to justify putting themselves in a high-risk environment. “I’m on chemo and have loved ones on chemo. It’s unsafe to dine that close to others.”
Several people also mentioned that until a vaccine is available, other safety precautions such as social distancing should stay in place. “We are still in a pandemic with no vaccine. Safety measures are needed.”
While about a third of the respondents said they would eat at a Disney World restaurant with the capacity at 100%, the majority said they still wouldn’t feel comfortable at this point. Again, Disney has not yet announced any planned changes to capacity, but we’ll continue to keep an eye out for any further updates.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Would you go to a Disney World restaurant right now if the capacity was at 100%? Let us know in the comments!