It is the sweetest time of year at Disney World right now!
We’ve been trying all of the pink and red hearted treats we can find at the Disney parks and it’s getting hard to pick a favorite! But, sometimes the best treats are the ones made from the heart. Now you can put some love into your baking and whip up a batch of these Mickey Valentine Cookies!
Much like the Sweetheart candy you might find at the grocery store, the Mickey-shaped sugar cookies are sure to be a conversation starter. Plus, they let you put your piping skills to the test and create something that is almost too cute to eat!
So, gather all your Disney fans in the kitchen and get to baking some chEAR worthy sweets!
Ingredients (makes 30)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 egg whites
- Food coloring
- Mickey cookie cutter
- Piping bags
- Icing pen
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Roll dough on a floured surface to 1/4-1/2″ thick. Use a Mickey cookie cutter to cut shapes out of dough. Place cookies 1” apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes in a preheated oven. Cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together confectioners’ sugar and egg whites for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thick enough to hold its shape.
- Divide icing in bowls and stir food coloring into each bowl to dye icing. Fill piping bags with icing. Cut a small hole at the ends.
- Pipe icing along the edges of the cookies and let dry.
- Then pipe icing inside the lines and use a toothpick to spread it out to the outline. Let dry until icing is completely hardened.
- With the icing pen, carefully write phrases on the cookies.
And that’s it! It may be a little more technical than grabbing conversation hearts at the store but these are sure to have a lot more character!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be giving this recipe a try? Let us know in the comments!