The holiday season is upon us, which means it could be time to whip up a delicious batch of cookies at home for Santa (or yourself!).
We’ve got lots of Disney-inspired cookie recipes you could try — like the recipe to make Jack-Jack Num Num Cookies, a copycat recipe for Mickey-shaped Linzer cookies, and more. Now we’ve got a last-minute recipe to add to your list directly from a Pixar pastry chef!
Want to make some holiday gingersnap cookies with Merida and Elinor? We’ve got you covered thanks to a recipe recently shared by Pixar on Instagram.
Here’s what you’ll need to do!
- 9 oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 1.25 cups brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2.25 cups flour
- demerara sugar (According to Healthline, this is a sugar produced from sugarcane that has large grains. It naturally contains a small amount of molases which gives it a light brown color and caramel flavor!)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 0.25 cup molasses
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp ground clove
- Cream butter, brown sugar, salt, and spices
- Mix in the molasses, then mix in the eggs
- In a separate bowl, whisk together baking soda and flour, then add to the dough and mix
- Scoop the mixture with a 1 oz ice cream scoop, roll it in demerara sugar, and flatten it slightly
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes until golden and slightly cracked
And that’s it! The next step is just to enjoy your delicious creation!
This is a pretty quick recipe to make with only a few specialty items like that demerara sugar and molasses. It could be a fun one to add to your holiday table or make with the family.
If you make this recipe at home, be sure to let us know in the comments below! Looking for more Disney-inspired cookie recipes? Click here! And check back with us for more Disney news and recipes.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.
Are you a fan of gingersnaps? Tell us in the comments below!