We love a delicious festive treat, and right now Disney World has a ton of options.
From mousse shaped like a reindeer to cupcakes with polar bear decorations, gingerbread cake pops to Christmas cookie sundaes, there are all kinds of holiday snacks available in the Disney parks. But what if you can’t make it into Disney World right now? Don’t worry! We’ve got a Disney holiday treat recipe that’ll bring this festive season straight into your house.
Disney recently celebrated their long-standing relationship with the Twinings tea company, which inspired this holiday treat recipe. You can find all kinds of Twinings products in EPCOT, at the Tea Caddy shop in the UK pavilion. There are also Twinings products on the menu of more than 80 Disney restaurants across Disneyland, Disney World, and the Disney Cruise Line.
You’ll need some of that tasty Twinings tea for the Chocolate Peppermint Shake recipe that Disney just released! The treat is served cold and has just enough peppermint to make it the perfect drink for this holiday season. (There’s also an option to make it a little more adult, with the addition of vodka.) We loved this shake at the Holiday Sweets & Treats booth at the 2019 International Festival of the Holidays in EPCOT, so we’re very excited to finally have the recipe!
Chocolate Peppermint Shake featuring Twinings Peppermint Cheer Tea
- 3 oz boiled water
- 2 Twinings Peppermint Cheer Tea bags
- 16 oz chocolate ice cream
- 1 tbsp candy cane bits
- 3 oz whipped cream vodka (optional)
- Pour freshly boiled water into a heat-proof container.
- Open tea envelopes and remove tea bags from packets. Steep the two tea bags for three minutes or until desired strength; remove tea bags and discard. Chill tea.
- In a blender, add ice cream and chilled tea and blend until smooth and creamy.
(For an adult twist: Add three ounces of whipped cream vodka into the blended mixture.)
- Pour into glasses and top with candy cane bits.
Grab your tea and ice cream, and we’ll meet you by a cozy fire to enjoy!
Keep following DFB for more recipes of your favorite Disney World treats.
Did you try out the Chocolate Peppermint Shake at home? Let us know how it went in the comments!