TRON Lightcycle / Run is set to open on April 4th, but you could get on it earlier — if you’re lucky!
No, we’re not talking about the previews that already took place for Disney Vacation Club Members, Cast Members, or Annual Passholders. TRON will actually be opening up early to the general public but you’ll need to know these rules!
Disney has announced that between March 20th and April 2nd, guests will get the chance to go on TRON Lightcycle / Run EARLY. There will be a limited soft opening of the ride via virtual queue. Individual Lightning Lanes for the ride will also be available to purchase during this time.
ATTENTION USERS: We have a surprise transmission from the Grid. // Between 3.20 – 4.2, Guests may have the early opportunity to experience TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by @Enterprise during a limited soft open via virtual queue or purchase of individual Lightning Lane entry. pic.twitter.com/jKbnuch7Ld
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) March 17, 2023
Here are some important Virtual Queue rules to keep in mind for this soft opening period:
- Guests will need to use the My Disney Experience app to enter this attraction.
- A standby queue will not be available.
- Each Guest can request to enter the virtual queue no more than once per day throughout regular park hours during the soft opening.
- Guests must have valid admission and a theme park reservation to join the virtual queue.
- There will be 2 daily opportunities to request to join the virtual queue for TRON Lightcycle / Run:
- 7AM (Guests do not need to be in the park when they join, but must have a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom park)
- 1PM (Guests must be in Magic Kingdom park to join the virtual queue)
For more about TRON Lightcycle / Run, check out our full page about the ride. And stay tuned for more details!
Will you be trying to get on TRON early? Tell us in the comments!
Within the app, where do you locate how to lineup virtually?
DFB Gigi says
Hi Kris! Here is a step-by-step guide we put together: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023/03/20/a-complete-guide-to-using-the-tron-lightcycle-run-virtual-queue-in-disney-world/