The Walt Disney Company is celebrating its 100th Anniversary in some special ways.
We’ve already seen lots of merchandise released online and in the parks, some 100th Anniversary popcorn holders and buckets at Disney World, and tons of 100th decor and more out at Disneyland. For the most part, the celebration has been mainly celebrated at Disneyland Resort, but EPCOT is set to become the “host” of the celebration later this year in Disney World. So what can we expect when it comes to the 100th Anniversary celebrations in Disney World? Well, we just found out!
The Disney Rewards website recently released an article titled “Disney100 Celebration Guide for Walt Disney World Resort.” In it, they detail how Disney World will start to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Walt Disney Company in April. There will actually be monthly celebrations that highlight different Disney franchises.
You’ll mainly get to celebrate these stories with existing experiences like movies under the stars, character caravans, parades, and more. So while these are existing experiences, it looks like they might be specifically directed at the 100th Anniversary celebration so be on the lookout for that.
Later in the year, the Disney100 Celebration will come specifically to EPCOT. There will be a variety of new things to experience when the 100th Celebration starts there including:
- A platinum Mickey Mouse sculpture that will welcome you to celebrate at EPCOT
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse in their celebratory platinum outfits
According to the Disney Rewards site, there will also be Disney stories celebrated in the coming months. Here’s what to expect:
- April: “Disney’s conservation efforts and the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park”
- May: “All things from a galaxy far, far away will be featured with an emphasis on Star Wars” (“May the Fourth” — a.k.a. Star Wars Day — falls during this month so this makes sense!)
- June: “The delightful Pixar Characters will take fun to infinity and beyond” (Disney & Pixar’s Elemental releases on June 16th so that fits!)
- July: “Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and friends will provide ‘swell fun’ for all”
- August: “The Disney Princesses and beloved Frozen Characters take the throne”
- September: “Super Hero adventures take flight!”
Disney hasn’t really shared what these celebrations will consist of, other than that they’ll be celebrating Disney stories. So, for the most part, this may consist of existing experiences, but we’ll be on the lookout for any NEW things that may be announced.
For more 100th Anniversary updates, see our posts below and check back for the latest news.
Learn More About Disney 100 Years of Wonder – The 100th Anniversary Celebration!
More Details Revealed About the 100th Anniversary Celebration at Disney World
ALL of the Disney 100th Anniversary Merchandise You Can Get Online Right NOW!
Get ALL of the Latest Updates on the 100th Anniversary Celebration
Join the DFB Newsletter To Get All the Latest Disney News Delivered Right to Your Inbox -- Click Here to Subscribe
Which of these celebrations are you most excited about? Tell us in the comments!
So just to be clear, all the monthly events are going to take place at Epcot, correct? Or will it be at all the parks?
DFB Gigi says
Hi Tim! The monthly events will come to all the parks, but the Celebration will specifically be in EPCOT.